2017-2018 Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

My initial plan was to pick up a home and road of whatever was made available as soon as possible. But with what I'm seeing and hearing, I'm not sure I even want to do that.

Its really sad. I've always felt the Edge jerseys were a major step back, though the 2.0s have grown on me. But these Adidas seem to be another massive step in the wrong direction.

No doubt about it.  In a nutshell (?), it seems they morphed several undesirable elements into one jersey:  the unnecessarily long bodies of the Starter jerseys from the '90s, the cheap material from the Reebok Premier jerseys, the collars from the World Cup of Hockey jerseys, and the skinny arms from the Edge 1.0 jerseys! ?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be a bit slow on this but I've just realised why the shoulder patches are placed ridiculously close to the neck hole. It's all to do with those shoulders and how they're cut. I'm growing to be a grumpy old man but can I state categorically that I don't like it. Not even sure if the on ice authentics will redeem this. 

As said by @Devilsguy if this is the Indos then what fresh hell the fanatics will be. 

Just now, SoNowWhat? said:

As said by @Devilsguy if this is the Indos then what fresh hell the fanatics will be. 

It will come to light that they are made of pudding and recycled underpants, as I've long suspected of the Premiers. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

It will come to light that they are made of pudding and recycled underpants, as I've long suspected of the Premiers. 

Ooooh, Spotted d!ck I hope. 

...that was meant about the pudding by the way. 

9 minutes ago, SoNowWhat? said:

Ooooh, Spotted d!ck I hope. 

...that was meant about the pudding by the way. 

I meant real pudding. Not a cake which British people think is pudding.

Even so, excellent comedic timing on the callback!! And I like that you needed to clarify...

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I meant real pudding. Not a cake which British people think is pudding.

Even so, excellent comedic timing on the callback!! And I like that you needed to clarify...

you set 'em up...

1 hour ago, SoNowWhat? said:

I may be a bit slow on this but I've just realised why the shoulder patches are placed ridiculously close to the neck hole. It's all to do with those shoulders and how they're cut. I'm growing to be a grumpy old man but can I state categorically that I don't like it. Not even sure if the on ice authentics will redeem this. 

Exactly - the "shoulders" are almost non-existent.  To put the Capitals eagle in a spot where it is on the Edge, they'd have to put it on the sleeves.  I imagine the shape of these is a lot like the Edge 1.0 (of which I don't own any).  

32 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

The jerseys that MeiGray had on display at the expo were made from a completely different material than that stuff.

So there may yet be some hope for authentics...IF we can access them. I don't think I'll be rushing out to get any Adidas just yet though, even authentic. 

12 hours ago, SoNowWhat? said:

So there may yet be some hope for authentics...IF we can access them. I don't think I'll be rushing out to get any Adidas just yet though, even authentic. 

I was thinking of getting a set 1 Devils from this coming season.  However, it looks like rumors are that Fanatics are doing the Devils this year so that pretty much squashes that idea for me.  Oh well:(

14 hours ago, SoNowWhat? said:

There's definitely no hope at this time. Canadian-made authentics will not be sold at retail. They will only be made available to the teams. At this point, the only way to get one will be to buy a GI or GW.

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

I was thinking of getting a set 1 Devils from this coming season.  However, it looks like rumors are that Fanatics are doing the Devils this year so that pretty much squashes that idea for me.  Oh well:(

What do you mean, Fanatics are doing the Devils? Do you mean the lettering? There's no indication that the Devils are moving away from EPS.

11 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

What do you mean, Fanatics are doing the Devils? Do you mean the lettering? There's no indication that the Devils are moving away from EPS.

Game worn program.  Devils have been using Meigray for years but rumor is Devils are going over to Fanatics now.  It was inevitable.  It really sucks because of the issues they had with the Blues program (inflated pricing, inconsistent pricing, many more sets, etc).

As for the lettering as far as I know they are sticking with EPS.

Edit: To add, going to Fanatics sucks because it will make it that much harder and more expensive to get a gamer or even a GI or TI jersey now.  If the retail authentic version of the Adizero (aka Indo version) is as bad as those pictures are above, then it's a double-whammy.  I want nothing to do with those retail authentics then.

Edited by Devilsguy

Henrik Lundqvist was on "Live With Kelly and Ryan" today. I had it on in the office in the background with the sound off while I was making my calls. They did some goofy segment where Henrik and Kelly took shots on Seacrest, wearing goalie pads. He flopped around like the Arse he is. But he and Ripa were wearing customized Rangers Adizero jerseys, without any tags or badges on the body like the Indo versions seem to have. 

4 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

There's definitely no hope at this time. Canadian-made authentics will not be sold at retail. They will only be made available to the teams. At this point, the only way to get one will be to buy a GI or GW.

That crystallises the thought process though. It's GW/GI/TI or skip it all together at this point. It may also push the prices of those items higher. Who knows. 

1 hour ago, rabinsurance said:

Henrik Lundqvist was on "Live With Kelly and Ryan" today. I had it on in the office in the background with the sound off while I was making my calls. They did some goofy segment where Henrik and Kelly took shots on Seacrest, wearing goalie pads. He flopped around like the Arse he is. But he and Ripa were wearing customized Rangers Adizero jerseys, without any tags or badges on the body like the Indo versions seem to have. 

That's incorrect. I was there. They had the badges.

36911477871_63bcf8ed89_o.jpg

36656015390_7f88f22fe3_o.jpg

I stand corrected. Thank you CJ. I had the sound off and was doing three other things at the time. But Ryan Seacrest is still a douchebag.

On 9/5/2017 at 7:00 PM, TMLFAN said:

DI91Q7_VYAA0srX?format=jpg&name=large

DI91jzkVoAA_Deg?format=jpg&name=large

saw these on twitter.  The Arenas is not a surprise but will there be an Adidas st. pats jersey this year?

Of course.....wear the sweet Arenas jersey when @#$&!@# Adidas does the jerseys.  Dickheads

Someone who recently talked to EPS told me that they told him that they are not doing Devils anymore.

If true, this really sucks.

27 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I guess that depends on who will be doing them. 

With our (Devils) luck, some little shop that doesn't take outside orders.