2017-2018 Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

WC logo looks pretty cool.

Rangers logo looks like it's a baseball logo.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

With our (Devils) luck, some little shop that doesn't take outside orders.

Does it matter if we can't buy blanks anyway??

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Does it matter if we can't buy blanks anyway??

I was hoping TI's, but with Fanatics taking over for Meigray (apparently), who knows.

Some news for all. 

Spoke with my Canucks rep. He advised that the team will be offering the Retail Authentic for $200 Canadian and the Pro On Ice Authentic for $400 Canadian. Apparently Adidas has set the pricing "league wide" which means that other teams MAY offer the made in Canada jersey for retail sale. It's up to each team to order and resell. 

Did they happen to say if the On-ice authentics would be team-issued sizes only (52 and up), or whether 46/50's might be available?

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

Did they happen to say if the On-ice authentics would be team-issued sizes only (52 and up), or whether 46/50's might be available?

No sizing confirmations. My belief is 54 and up based on historical sizing that the Canucks had on hand for team stock. Apparently Adidas has done a terrible job communicating with the team about the new jerseys and they are ordering limited stock because of high price. By comparison blank team stock was $329.99 CAD with Reebok. I was told that all ordering is done with Adidas USA meaning that prices are in US and converted to CAD which drives up cost and hence the $400 CAD MSRP. Definitely sounds like the program isn't being met with a positive reception at least in Vancouver. 

Lol. With the way the CAD VS USD exchange is going you might be back to your original $800 ;)  

For any Van fans, nothing to really be excited about. Virtually unchanged when you see it in person.

2018 Adidas

2018 Adidas

Edited by chow_hound

2 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Might be time to put on some weight, bud ?

16 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Someone who recently talked to EPS told me that they told him that they are not doing Devils anymore.

If true, this really sucks.

I wouldn't trust second-hand info. I'd go directly to the source.

12 hours ago, FrontYardSpecial said:

Wonder if the Devils are going with the perforated Adidas numbering?

I could have sworn I saw something recently that indicated the Devils were keeping the regular twill. If I find it again, I'll let you know.

7 hours ago, chow_hound said:

No sizing confirmations. My belief is 54 and up based on historical sizing that the Canucks had on hand for team stock. Apparently Adidas has done a terrible job communicating with the team about the new jerseys and they are ordering limited stock because of high price. By comparison blank team stock was $329.99 CAD with Reebok. I was told that all ordering is done with Adidas USA meaning that prices are in US and converted to CAD which drives up cost and hence the $400 CAD MSRP. Definitely sounds like the program isn't being met with a positive reception at least in Vancouver. 

Disappointing. I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not. 

Now you'll have to excuse my ignorance here but are the teams charged those prices for their jerseys? Effectively retail prices when selling direct from manufacturer to clubs? 

I was told that Adidas sells pro jerseys direct to the team equipment managers for the same price ($400) and the team is forced to apply the Adidas MSRP if they resell. I know there is margins for all the other products (hats, retail Authentic, shirts, etc) but it sounds like these are not intended to have a wholesale and retail margin since they don't actually offer at retail. 

It's going to be hard but we just have to be patient with this Adidas bullcrap just like when the 2.0's first started showing up.  Eventually retailers will get their hands on the good stuff and we will have several choices for where we want to purchase them from.  Hell I'll put money on JB eventually getting them as well.

11 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

It's going to be hard but we just have to be patient with this Adidas bullcrap just like when the 2.0's first started showing up.  Eventually retailers will get their hands on the good stuff and we will have several choices for where we want to purchase them from.  Hell I'll put money on JB eventually getting them as well.

Suspect you're right about that.

Also can I shout out to JB who provided exceptional service helping me out recently. Patiently answered all my questions and provided me with options and eventually shipped blanks to EPS for me when I wasn't completely happy with the customisation on their jersey. Would definitely buy from them again if they have what I want. Sorry for that plug, I have no affiliation with JB, just a happy customer. 

3 hours ago, SoNowWhat? said:

Sorry for that plug, I have no affiliation with JB, just a happy customer. 

I think you're ok there mate. I've had a couple of dealings with JB and both went really smoothly. The second one was them getting stock on something I mentioned a few months earlier and letting me know.

2 hours ago, redwingsdownunder said:

I think you're ok there mate. I've had a couple of dealings with JB and both went really smoothly. The second one was them getting stock on something I mentioned a few months earlier and letting me know.

Excellent. 

nodding-1.gif?fit=500%2C281

Just called and spoke to the NHL store in NYC. Said they will be getting some Adidas jerseys this week but, should get jerseys for all teams before the season starts. 

I asked if they would be getting  authentic jerseys and response was yes, they will have the top of the line authentics made-in-Canada.

Again, given that it seems most likely only the Indo-Adizero jerseys will be available for retail, I doubt the customer service rep knew the difference but, wanted to give a heads up on the timeline. 

47 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

They're going to be the Indo's, hopefully ol' JB can get a hold of the Canadian ones. Personally I think he will. Adidas like making money, why wouldn't they?

If not, someone needs to call up Adidas and become the new Baron. I'd volunteer, but frankly, I can't be trusted with that kind of power. 

30 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

Well the world doesn't need an abundance of NJD jerseys does it, unless it suddenly falls short of bog roll.

You're paying 20% more than everyone else. Take that, pudding pants.