2017-2018 Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/12/2017 at 10:43 AM, furiousd said:

I think it's intentional.  Imagine how chapped the Reebok marketing folks were back during the Edge rollout.  The players hated the on-ice jerseys. For consumers, word got out pretty quick that Indos were just a cheap imitation. 

This time around, mandated MSRP would be an easy fix on the consumer side. 

The Edge came out in 2007, and the Indo didn't come along for another four years (2011-12 season).  Until then, shops were able to buy Edge 1.0s directly through the Reebok catalog.

On 9/12/2017 at 9:21 PM, TMLFAN said:

Everybody needs to do this and not buy those P.O.S. indo authentics.  Poor sales of the indo would send a message to those adidas fat cats real quick.

Plenty of people did this with the Indo, and it made no difference in the six years that it existed.  The quality of the later Indo was certainly higher than it was at the beginning, but it still paled compared to a 2.0.

The first Indos had the Reebok wordmark pressed on and not sewn, and the fight strap stitching was all over the place.  After about three seasons, they started actually making it look somewhat decent.  Not $300 decent, but at least more passable than the first ones.

5 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

Think of your children pledging allegiance to the maple leaf.
Mayonnaise on everything.
Winter. Eleven months of the year.
Anne Murray. All day. Every day.

My favourite scene:

canadian-bacon.jpg

"I do have to fine you. That will be a thousand dollars Canadian, or 10 American dollars if you prefer."

Edited by jsh139

Called the Rangers Chase Team store and they said jerseys will be definitely arriving before the first preseason game (next Monday - 9/18), most likely by Saturday.

Did not have any other information (pricing, made in CAN or Indonesia) 

I read someplace that physical team stores will have exclusive availability for the new Adidas (and assuming Fanatics) jerseys starting tomorrow.  Online shops and other stores will get them in on 9/22.

No Canadian-made authentics available through the Jets... So if the talk of Canadian-made Canucks authentics being available is accurate, I am jealous!

39 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I read someplace that physical team stores will have exclusive availability for the new Adidas (and assuming Fanatics) jerseys starting tomorrow.  Online shops and other stores will get them in on 9/22.

This is accurate -- I have heard this as well. 

Isles are going to be selling Indo Zeros. 

Edited by NYIJM29

I'm going to Devils opening night on 10/7, the day after my birthday. My wife is staying home so if they have Canadian made, I will be bringing home one of each. 

:)

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm going to Devils opening night on 10/7, the day after my birthday. My wife is staying home so if they have Canadian made, I will be bringing home one of each. 

:)

Let's say they have them.  Is there any chance whatsoever that you would see them and decide against it?  (any reason - cost, design, fit...)  1%?  0.001%? 

I'll probably buy at least one Flyers, maybe two. The jerseys I saw last night had the centennial patch on them. And I'm assuming after January they'll have the 125th cup patch. 

Going back and forth with this this morning. Debating some Flyers ones... but this is a slippery slope.

Everyone:

(sitting at connected device, looking at new Indos, afraid to buy and be judged by forum but the addiction is real enough that even "cut" quality may suffice)

Fingers tapping nervously. Watching sizes dwindle.

F--- it, bought 2 of each size ranging from 56 and up. 

Apologize and rationalize to forum later.

tell forum you're disappointed and you're gonna sell when they arrive.

keep and wear secretly until authentics hit market.

3 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Everyone:

(sitting at connected device, looking at new Indos, afraid to buy and be judged by forum but the addiction is real enough that even "cut" quality may suffice)

Fingers tapping nervously. Watching sizes dwindle.

F--- it, bought 2 of each size ranging from 56 and up. 

Apologize and rationalize to forum later.

tell forum you're disappointed and you're gonna sell when they arrive.

keep and wear secretly until authentics hit market.

Haha. Exactly.

Birthday coming up and hoping the Mrs gets a home and away  

Or maybe I'll just hold out till the Rangers winter classic (unlikely).