• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, RT33Pens said:

Didn't buy, just went to see quality.

IMG_1433.JPG

IMG_1434.JPG

IMG_1435.JPG

What is your overall impression?  The name bar looks chunky for the material it's over.  Maybe it's the stitching around it.  It certainly doesn't look "luxurious"  I think it's all those different materials with ventilation coming together at that detail.  Do you have a couple of overall pics? 

And did the crest on that size 44 seem a lot smaller than on the larger sizes?

2 hours ago, Committed said:

I have been informed that the quality is on par with the WCH jerseys and much better than the Indio. NOT made in Canada :(

Going to grab one home and one road Blackhawks this weekend. Keep you guys posted with pics once they arrive. 

Interesting. I found them to basically be Indo's except with Adidas branding (right down to the fight strap with white twill). Definitely not on par with the WCOH authentics at all. Not even close, frankly.

Edited by dsl135

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

That's strange, I don't recall ever seeing that type of fight strap on any Reebok jersey, Indo or otherwise.  

They have them:

http://www.icejerseys.com/products/Boston-Bruins-Reebok-EDGE-Authentic-Alternate-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-(Made-In-Indonesia)-p32585/

I also have a red Devils Indo-Edge jersey that was worn by Bruce Driver a couple years back for the 1995 Cup alumni game.  It has the exact same type of fight strap pictured in the link.

2 hours ago, dsl135 said:

It was definitely smaller than the 50 and up. They didn't have any smaller than 46 that I saw, but it was shockingly small.

Thanks for the follow up. This sucks as I only buy size 46 mostly, and were interested in the new size 42 and 44 as well. Having a mini logo is not attractive to me AT ALL :(

Guess I need to have a photo comparison of the logos on a size 50 vs 42, 44 and 46.

Anyone knows if the logos are even smaller on size 42 and 44 compared to a size 46? 

Or is it just a downgrade in size from 50 and the same for 42, 44 and 46?

Edited by Lightbringer

1 hour ago, SirBrad said:

What is your overall impression?  The name bar looks chunky for the material it's over.  Maybe it's the stitching around it.  It certainly doesn't look "luxurious"  I think it's all those different materials with ventilation coming together at that detail.  Do you have a couple of overall pics? 

In Reebok Edge 2.0, size 52 fits me perfect. For the Adidas, I tried on a 52 and 54. If I was going to buy one, it would be the 54 (prefer a little more). Downside, sleeves and body length were longer than the Edge 2.0

Overall material felt more like a Reebok premier to me. I do not own any WCoH authentics to compare.

Fight strap as mentioned in other posts isn't great. Both white and black jerseys appear to have the same strap: white strap sewn on to white twill.

Customization is again comparable to Reebok premier. I would buy blank and send out more for accurate, mainly for higher quality materials.

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

Didn't look at the crest too closely. 44 was just on the front of the rack which is why it was in my picture.

1 hour ago, dsl135 said:

Interesting. I found them to basically be Indo's except with Adidas branding (right down to the fight strap with white twill). Definitely not on par with the WCOH authentics at all. Not even close, frankly.

Appreciate the insight buddy! 

At this point, I am just hopeful that they are a higher quality than the Indio. 

Does anyone know if that button can be removed? 

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

They have them:

http://www.icejerseys.com/products/Boston-Bruins-Reebok-EDGE-Authentic-Alternate-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-(Made-In-Indonesia)-p32585/

I also have a red Devils Indo-Edge jersey that was worn by Bruce Driver a couple years back for the 1995 Cup alumni game.  It has the exact same type of fight strap pictured in the link.

I could be wrong about this, but the fight strap in Lightbringer's pics appears (at least to me) to have a different fabric, and slightly smaller and more rounded buttons than the ones used on the Indo Edge in your link.

2 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I could be wrong about this, but the fight strap in Lightbringer's pics appears (at least to me) to have a different fabric, and slightly smaller and more rounded buttons than the ones used on the Indo Edge in your link.

I see what you are saying.  I thought you meant overall and not those tiny nuances.  Yeah the new buttons look smaller and more rounded and the fabric seems different, but overall it is largely the same.

Another thing is that the Bruins Edge in your link has the fight strap turned so you're looking at the side which shows only a single snap.  On the other side, where you should see 2 snap bases, aren't they completely flat like on the 2.0 fight straps?  In the Indo Adizero pics, the 2 snap bases are rounded instead.  That immediately caught my attention.

2 hours ago, Committed said:

I honestly think they're Indo's. It's basically the same in my view. I actually ended up cancelling my order of the two Flyers jerseys today after seeing the Sabres ones up close. They're not awful, but I don't think I'd be happy with them in the long run.

The button should be able to be removed, shouldn't be hard at all, just like the jock tags on premiers.

I'm still holding out hope that the Baron will come through with Canadian ones

Or that PensGear will get them, but I doubt that

36 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm not planning on being happy with mine, so I won't be disappointed.

That's my plan too  

Also, sounds like the key to a successful marriage

1 hour ago, Zeshy25 said:

That's my plan too  

Also, sounds like the key to a successful marriage

I am a constant disappointment to myself so I think it only fair to hold others to the same standard. 

Except that I can never be arsed to do it. So disappointing. 

25 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

That's an interesting expression. "I can't be arsed to do it". You Ozzies are cool. 

Definitely cooler than the Brits. Or one in particular. ;)

9 hours ago, tomtucker said:

But  not too long ago we had authentics and replicas.

so now authentic means "not fake" ?

Not too long ago we have two different types of CCM replica: airknit and that really cheap ultrafil that was marginally thicker than a t-shirt.  That includes the wrong material compared to what the team on the ice was wearing.

Not too long ago we had Starter producing off-color "fashion jerseys" for most of the teams in the league.  Remember the St. Louis Blues wearing black or Detroit wearing powder blue?

Not too long ago we had Starter and Pro Player producing replicas for teams that they did not outfit on the ice, putting them into direct competition with replicas of those same teams produced by their actual on-ice supplier.

I don't remember anyone claiming fraud or willful deception in those cases.

10 hours ago, lhg39 said:

Do thy have any of the precustomized ones to see what the quality of the customization is?

I know that the ones Columbus is selling in the team stores have perforated twill with the red layer sublimated.  Not screened, sublimated.

9 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Based on the picture it looks to be the same kind of fight strap the Indo's have been using.

It's a different one.  The snaps are noticeably different; they're smaller than the Indo and the on-ice Edge.

8 hours ago, LAK74 said:

42, 44, and 46 all look to have smaller crests.

7 hours ago, Committed said:

It's glued on and then stitched, but the stitching should be removable and the glue doesn't seem like much of anything.

Great info all around, thank you!

9 hours ago, RT33Pens said:

In Reebok Edge 2.0, size 52 fits me perfect. For the Adidas, I tried on a 52 and 54. If I was going to buy one, it would be the 54 (prefer a little more). Downside, sleeves and body length were longer than the Edge 2.0

Overall material felt more like a Reebok premier to me. I do not own any WCoH authentics to compare.

Fight strap as mentioned in other posts isn't great. Both white and black jerseys appear to have the same strap: white strap sewn on to white twill.

Customization is again comparable to Reebok premier. I would buy blank and send out more for accurate, mainly for higher quality materials.

Didn't look at the crest too closely. 44 was just on the front of the rack which is why it was in my picture.

Thanks, appreciated.  I think I'll have to see these in person before buying.  And if I am being nitpicky, the "C" on the name bar looks all messed up like they let a kid cut it out with scissors.  Rounded corners...cheaper material maybe?  I guess I'll hold out but you're probably right - probably better off buying a blank and sending it out.  Of course all of that will en up costing about $280 which I guess isn't too out of control.

2 hours ago, Nathan said:

Not too long ago we have two different types of CCM replica: airknit and that really cheap ultrafil that was marginally thicker than a t-shirt.  That includes the wrong material compared to what the team on the ice was wearing.

Not too long ago we had Starter producing off-color "fashion jerseys" for most of the teams in the league.  Remember the St. Louis Blues wearing black or Detroit wearing powder blue?

Not too long ago we had Starter and Pro Player producing replicas for teams that they did not outfit on the ice, putting them into direct competition with replicas of those same teams produced by their actual on-ice supplier.

I don't remember anyone claiming fraud or willful deception in those cases.

Don't forget they have been selling Maple Leafs jerseys with NHL shields on them even though they haven't been a NHL team for a long time now.