2017-2018 Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

You can count me amongst those who will be waiting for Canadian authentics to be made available. Otherwise I'll just get a game issued or two after the season is over. The league and adidas can p!ss off with their "authentic" jerseys...

Edited by vadarx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, vadarx said:

You can count me amongst those who will be waiting for Canadian authentics to be made available. Otherwise I'll just get a game issued or two after the season is over. The league and adidas can p!ss off with their "authentic" jerseys...

You are going to be so jealous when I'm looking pretty in my new Hawks blouse, I mean jersey. 

IMG_0575.JPG

Edited by Committed

Went down to RealSports to check out the leafs "authentics." 

Definitely slimmer fitting and longer through the body and arms.   The honour pride and courage are heat pressed, not sublimated. Based on experience, the letters will likely start peeling after some laundering. I like the chrome NHL shield. 

The material definitely feels Premier like. I'd have to have both in hand but this feels a bit less snag and pull prone. 

The reduced size crest on the smaller sizes was very noticeable. Maybe scaled down too much.

Quality was hit or miss. Noticed some off centre NHL shields, crooked Adidas logos. 

55 minutes ago, Committed said:

You are going to be so jealous when I'm looking pretty in my new Hawks blouse, I mean jersey. 

Daddy Warbucks would be so proud.

Will Adidas sell these 180$ authentic jerseys at adidas.com and adidas.ca like they did with the World Cup jerseys and merchandise last year? 

If Adidas will put them up for sale also on their own website, that would be great, beceause on adidas.com you can leave detailed reviews etc. It could be fun way for people that want Canada made jerseys to voice complaints :-)

Edited by Lightbringer

10 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Not many of you follow the NAHL but the Minnesota Magicians will be sporting a new jersey this year. Not sure about the dual colors on the front, still a phenomenal logo though:

Looks like K1 is mimicking the Adidas template there. Or maybe the 2016 Stadium Series.

I wonder what the pattern is in the black. Tiny magicians?

20 minutes ago, hatryk said:

Thanks for the pics.

Thats way too small. They ruined the sizes 42, 44 and 46 by doing that. 

Any chance they correct that in year or two or are they just incredible stupid?

Went to the Hawks store downtown tonight. I was pretty disappointed with the quality of the materials of the body and the crest. 

As others have pointed out already, the materials are very similar to the Reebok premiers. The fight strap appears to be shorter and is made of inferior quality. 

The same mistake was made again with the crest being too tight and and appears to be smashed to the jersey. The 2.0, 1.0 and previous jersey crests are all much...fluffier? Makes such a difference in my opinion when the crest is the most beautiful part of the sweater. 

Unless they come out with an updated version or they make some changes, I will not be buying the Adizero-Indo. 

1 hour ago, Committed said:

The same mistake was made again with the crest being too tight and and appears to be smashed to the jersey. The 2.0, 1.0 and previous jersey crests are all much...fluffier? Makes such a difference in my opinion when the crest is the most beautiful part of the sweater. 

Unless they come out with an updated version or they make some changes, I will not be buying the Adizero-Indo. 

Fluffier? I'm gonna guess they're not chain stitched? I could see calling chain stitching fluffy...

6 hours ago, furiousd said:

Fluffier? I'm gonna guess they're not chain stitched? I could see calling chain stitching fluffy...

I'd guess on-ice would be chain stitched. Anything else, who knows. Another reason to secure some Hawks Ultrafil or Reebok authentics. 

I saw the leafs ones today at Real Sports

Just like others have said, premiers with fight straps. Quality is terrible. 

Will not be buying any indozeros. 

The apparel is actually quite nice looking though. Hoodies and speedwicks are good quality just really expensive.