2017-2018 Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

Agree, but the author does make the statement in the comments section "Correct. It’s the official “authentic” jersey for fans. When I say “on ice” I mean it as a term not literally."

This should have been in the body of the article

That said, there are fans like us all over (even here in Las Vegas) that know the difference between the adizero and the indozero and want the real deal!!

Edited by robersong88

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The article was not geared towards jersey snobs like us.  It was geared to the general fanbase which are the same ones who have often claimed for years they cannot tell the difference between officially licensed jerseys and cheap Chinese knockoffs.  I don't think the author cared or even knew about he nuances of retail authentic and on-ice authentics.

Not a fan of JFK wearing 23. That number should be retired to recognize all-time Boston great Chris Kelly. ("Christopher", if you're using annoying Pierre McGuire voice.)

Edited by Dr_Puck

1 hour ago, robersong88 said:

Agree, but the author does make the statement in the comments section "Correct. It’s the official “authentic” jersey for fans. When I say “on ice” I mean it as a term not literally."

This should have been in the body of the article

That said, there are fans like us all over (even here in Las Vegas) that know the difference between the adizero and the indozero and want the real deal!!

Thank you. I didn't read the comments. 

2 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Not a fan of JFK wearing 23. That number should be retired to recognize all-time Boston great Chris Kelly. ("Christopher", if you're using annoying Pierre McGuire voice.)

And Kristopher Letang of course...........seriously, what the fu*k is that guy´s deal :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i5zXLZHGI4

Pierre McGuire is Creepy

Edited by tomtucker

On 9/20/2017 at 10:34 AM, TheKevinShow said:

Where can I pre-order a Bruins GW from MeiGray?

DKIH1nqWkAEYJJj.jpg

I want that jersey because reasons.

Well, I just talked to MeiGray's Bruins rep and I'm starting the process of acquiring this jersey. He's on an ELC and played a grand total of one game last year so I shouldn't really be breaking the bank to get it.

4 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

Well, I just talked to MeiGray's Bruins rep and I'm starting the process of acquiring this jersey. He's on an ELC and played a grand total of one game last year so I shouldn't really be breaking the bank to get it.

Good call, that name is too awesome not to own that jersey. 

15 hours ago, Hawks2797 said:

Caught some reruns of the Devils Rangers game from the other night. Looks like the new Adidas jerseys held up pretty good during the Puempel vs. Lappin fight. 

Yeah they did.

Also, after Miles Wood's hand pass in OT they zoomed in on him as he was standing up. Got a decent view of the Meigray and PX tagging.

Devils jerseys are in stock on IJ. I have emails in to both IJ and EPS as to whether they have Adidas nameplate material.

in my estimation, the differences in the customization this year are irrelevant in terms of doing an Indo. I’ll save dealing with PX until the Canadian ones are available. 

I ordered a Hischier this morning. Told them not to use twill for the plate, so whatever else they stick on I'll deal with until I can get a Canadian made.

I wasn't bothering sending out an indo for accuracy. This is a short term jersey.

Edited by JoeM7392

1 minute ago, JoeM7392 said:

I ordered a Hischier this morning. Told them not to use twill for the plate, so whatever else they stick on I'll deal with until I can get a Canadian made.

I wasn't bothering sending out an indo for accuracy. This is a short term jersey.

Well you are smarter than I, clearly. 

IJ’s response was, if it’s the same material that was used last year, they have it. If not, they may get it in the next few weeks. 

A less than reassuring answer, obviously that person doesn’t even know the jerseys changed. 

It’s says they don’t ship until October 23. I don’t want to order it there and then find it available elsewhere faster. 

EDIT: could always cancel. Home and road ordered, we’ll see what happens. Thanks for the tip. 

Edited by mfitz804

3 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

Wait they have the aways too?

They “have” them listed, I don’t believe they actually have them. At least not yet.

But I did it anyway. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

And my size is out of stock. Just. Like. That. 

Next blank gets ordered immediately. 

I should add, IJ probably never had 60’s. No way that was the first size to sell out. 

When I looked just now, IJ had all sizes available for the Devils home.  Or did I miss something?  :P

2 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

When I looked just now, IJ had all sizes available for the Devils home.  Or did I miss something?  :P

It says estimated ship date October 23.