2017-2018 Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

19 minutes ago, Lightbringer said:

Where do you get a 20% discount?

You get a 100% discount if you hold off until Addidas $hits the bed like Reebok did and wait for the on-ice jerseys to come around. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Lightbringer said:

Where do you get a 20% discount?

Updated the post with the code. Still hope someon can get me some info on ordering preseason GW jerseys...

20 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

You get a 100% discount if you hold off until Addidas $hits the bed like Reebok did and wait for the on-ice jerseys to come around. 

I doubt I can ever get a size 42 CANADA MADE jersey? :-)

I want a size 42 to wear and then wait for Made in canada to collect.

Edited by Lightbringer

7 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

That's an alternate version of history there.

Reebok made both the premier replicas and the on-ice Edge authentics available for retail from the very beginning (2007-08).  The pricing was insane, especially on the latter, but it was available.

A handful of players on certain teams complained during the preseason that sweat was wicking away from their gear, running down the sleeves, and pooling in their gloves.  Different things were tried, nothing worked, so Reebok made airknit versions of the Edge available exclusively for the teams.  Around the time that this happened, Barry Meisel referred to the two different versions by what they'd become known as: the original as Edge 1.0, and the airknit version as Edge 2.0.

There was also a couple of fights that took place, one of which I remember involving Jarome Iginla, in which the fight strap tore completely away from the rest of the jersey.  This is what prompted the additional twill block to be added to the strap attachments.

Anyway, Reebok allowed retail sales of the 1.0s all the way through the 2010-11 season.  At that point, they said that they'd be discontinuing the 1.0 and allowing purchases of the 2.0 for retail in time for the 2011-12 season.  What everyone who ordered them received instead was an Indonesian version of the 2.0, with the same cost and price point as the 1.0s had been.  This was what became known as the Indo-Edge.  I'd know; I'm the one who coined it, and it was right here on these boards.

Despite the backlash from pretty much everyone, Reebok never backed down from the Indo.  For six full season (2011-12 through 2016-17), the only "authentic" that could be purchased was the Indo, and at no point did they make the 2.0 available to conventional retailers.  Instead, what they ended up doing was simply accumulating enormous amounts of dead stock that they couldn't foist onto the teams; these were eventually dumped all over the place.  They'd already done that with the buildup of 1.0s, where SVP Sports in Canada ended up getting tens of thousands of blank 1.0s of all teams and then sold them for $50-60 each.

You can see the original thread here, beginning November 2010.  Information on the Indo begins around page 7 or 8. 

Edited by Nathan

6 hours ago, Nathan said:

That's an alternate version of history there.

Reebok made both the premier replicas and the on-ice Edge authentics available for retail from the very beginning (2007-08).  The pricing was insane, especially on the latter, but it was available.

A handful of players on certain teams complained during the preseason that sweat was wicking away from their gear, running down the sleeves, and pooling in their gloves.  Different things were tried, nothing worked, so Reebok made airknit versions of the Edge available exclusively for the teams.  Around the time that this happened, Barry Meisel referred to the two different versions by what they'd become known as: the original as Edge 1.0, and the airknit version as Edge 2.0.

There was also a couple of fights that took place, one of which I remember involving Jarome Iginla, in which the fight strap tore completely away from the rest of the jersey.  This is what prompted the additional twill block to be added to the strap attachments.

Anyway, Reebok allowed retail sales of the 1.0s all the way through the 2010-11 season.  At that point, they said that they'd be discontinuing the 1.0 and allowing purchases of the 2.0 for retail in time for the 2011-12 season.  What everyone who ordered them received instead was an Indonesian version of the 2.0, with the same cost and price point as the 1.0s had been.  This was what became known as the Indo-Edge.  I'd know; I'm the one who coined it, and it was right here on these boards.

Despite the backlash from pretty much everyone, Reebok never backed down from the Indo.  For six full season (2011-12 through 2016-17), the only "authentic" that could be purchased was the Indo, and at no point did they make the 2.0 available to conventional retailers.  Instead, what they ended up doing was simply accumulating enormous amounts of dead stock that they couldn't foist onto the teams; these were eventually dumped all over the place.  They'd already done that with the buildup of 1.0s, where SVP Sports in Canada ended up getting tens of thousands of blank 1.0s of all teams and then sold them for $50-60 each.

You can see the original thread here, beginning November 2010.  Information on the Indo begins around page 7 or 8. 

Yeah

FWIW the Devils Den at the arena for years were selling both Edge 1.0's and Indo-Edges.  I think the 1.0's were leftovers but I always found it amusing that on the same rack labeled "authentics" would be both Indo's and 1.0's mixed in.

Are these babes holding a Team Issued Canada Made Vegas jersey? It seems to have the same tag on the sleeve as the team issued Reebok 2.0 and World Cup Authentics.

52ffda609448083.jpg 

Edited by Lightbringer

I want everyone who insisted that Canadian made authentic wouldn't be available at retail, even to teams themselves, to spend a good long time reading this.

Check out @CanucksStore’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/CanucksStore/status/912807444602064897?s=09

Edited by JoeM7392

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I may feel stupid if I get back my Indos in late October and then Canadian Authentics are available in November...

I'd be thrilled. Melt the credit card a little more and throw the indos on eBay.

And figure out how the hell to get them to/done by Philly Express.

Edited by JoeM7392

6 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

I'd be thrilled. Melt the credit card a little more and throw the indos on eBay.

And figure out how the hell to get them to/done by Philly Express.

I mean I’d rather have them, would still buy them, and would do the eBay plan as well...

Dan has been saying it for a while, but I think this pretty much confirms the Flyers have gone to kiss cut back (and presumably sleeve) numbers.  Names are still sewn on twill nameplates.

brian-elliott-of-the-philadelphia-flyers