2017-2018 Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, furiousd said:

I was going to joke that they look like Bills jerseys, but.... that's actually what they're going for.

http://www.buffaloworldjuniors.com/team-usa-to-wear-buffalo-bills-themed-jerseys-in-outdoor-game-vs-canada

Is it just me or is there way too much fail going on with hockey jerseys lately. 

I feel like I'm in a Kafka novel. 

18 hours ago, CJ Matthews said:

I would imagine with all the empty space on the front that they'll have giant football jersey style numbers.

Ask and you shall receive: https://onebuffalo.formstack.com/forms/wjc_jerseys?utm_source=worldjuniors&utm_medium=web&utm_content=lead&utm_campaign=jerseypresale

On a side note, regarding the Canadian-made Adizero jerseys, I hear that Adidas is a little behind in production for the actual NHL teams' players and that at least the Rangers  don't have all the sizes they need to produce Set 1 for the regular season.  Zuccarello, for example, wore size 54 in the Edge 2.0 and prefers a size 54 in the Adizero as well.  He's apparently been wearing size 52 in preseason because they don't have the size 54 jerseys available.  Same goes for Desharnais (another smaller player).  Those are the only two Rangers who wear 54.  On another note, I understand that some teams might be having issues with "color run" when washing the Canadian Adizeros.  In other words, if you wash a blue Rangers and a white Rangers together, the white will come out of the wash a shade of blue!!!!   This deters me from my original plan to buy a regular season Rangers gamer to actually wear myself from time to time.  I would be nervous to wash it! 

Edited by Jersey Mike

On 9/27/2017 at 4:17 PM, mfitz804 said:

Now between the two blanks I initially bought and the customized road jersey I bought, and cancelling all of them, CoolHockey has like $600 of my money they need to refund to me. I wonder if I should expect that sooner if I will have to get nasty. 

On 9/27/2017 at 5:58 PM, mfitz804 said:

Technically yes (PayPal Credit, same thing).

They finally refunded my money today. Rather, they left the purchases on my PayPal Credit account and sent me back the cash. Now I can use that cash to buy a blank (if available) at the game on 10/7 and just pay the rest toward the PP Credit, so it'll be like I used PP Credit somewhere it wasn't accepted. I can handle that. 

NHL shop international just postponed their deliverys of the new Adizero jerseys from 29th september, to 15th november.

Adidas can not delivery the jerseys in time apparantly. 

I expect everybody that pre-order jerseys to get them early 2018. 

Adidas has created a mess for themselves and their customers, thats for sure.

Edited by Lightbringer

I wonder if Adidas just underestimated the demand and figured more people would go the Fanatics replica route.  However the pricing scheme they eventually came out with really threw that thinking out the door.

1 hour ago, furiousd said:

I'm seeing a "JB got the real authentics before NHL shop delivered my Indo Zero" post in the future...

I asked JB 10 days ago if he was getting Canadian authentics. His response was "Sorry no Adidas ain't selling them." 

Hope that changes i the near future. 

35 minutes ago, FrontYardSpecial said:

I asked JB 10 days ago if he was getting Canadian authentics. His response was "Sorry no Adidas ain't selling them." 

Hope that changes i the near future. 

Canadians say "ain't?"

I ordered a white VGK from our hosts today at 2:05. At 3:10 I got an email that it has shipped. I wonder how many of the people who b**** and complain on this board actually do business with the people who pay for it? I know the answer, and it's close to 0.

1 hour ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Canadians say "ain't?"

What's wrong with that eh?

177?cb=20170616103410

27 minutes ago, rabinsurance said:

I ordered a white VGK from our hosts today at 2:05. At 3:10 I got an email that it has shipped. I wonder how many of the people who b**** and complain on this board actually do business with the people who pay for it? I know the answer, and it's close to 0.

I have bought from IJ and they were excellent. FWIW. Unbelievably fast shipping. 

Edited by SoNowWhat?

1 hour ago, SoNowWhat? said:

What's wrong with that eh?

177?cb=20170616103410

Ha, nothing! It's just sloppy American dialect that I'm slightly surprised made it across the border, although Canadian artists have been using it in songs for a while so...

We can share ain't.

2 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Ha, nothing! It's just sloppy American dialect that I'm slightly surprised made it across the border, although Canadian artists have been using it in songs for a while so...

We can share ain't.

I was just making a joke (trying to). Full disclosure I'm not Canadian either. 

38 minutes ago, SoNowWhat? said:

I was just making a joke (trying to). Full disclosure I'm not Canadian either. 

You're good, so was I. 

Full disclosure, I'm not Indonesian.

1 hour ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

You're good, so was I. 

Full disclosure, I'm not Indonesian.

GAAAHAHAHAA!

I was at my local Costco and saw what seems to be a weird third variant of an NHL jersey this year.  In terms of quality, it looks to be below that of even a Fanatics jersey.  The design isn't even what the team wears.  The jock tag has the NHL logo, as does the area where the inside label should be... 

IMG_7746.jpg

Wow. That is...something. I don't see any Adidas branding anywhere either. 

8 hours ago, robersong88 said:

I was at my local Costco and saw what seems to be a weird third variant of an NHL jersey this year.  In terms of quality, it looks to be below that of even a Fanatics jersey.  The design isn't even what the team wears.  The jock tag has the NHL logo, as does the area where the inside label should be... 

IMG_7746.jpg

I’ve seen leafs versions of those at Costco before. Almost like the super cheap jerseys you would find at Walmart  

all licensed by the NHL too