7 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

In the rain...boombox over his head. 

Man, you just say anything.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ECHL announces Marvel Super Hero Nights for 2017-18 season

RED BANK, N.J. - The ECHL announced on Wednesday that the 2017-18 Season will feature Marvel Super Hero themed games throughout the League's 27 Teams including specialty jerseys, character appearances, co-branded ECHL/Marvel merchandise and other in-game promotions during the designated events.

At a press conference broadcast from the famed comic book store Jay & Silent Bob's Secret Stash, representatives from the ECHL, Marvel, MeiGray Group and the AMC series Comic Book Men discussed the relationship and the excitement for the upcoming games.

"Marvel is thrilled to work with the ECHL to provide all of their fans and ours with a one-of-a-kind in-game experience by bringing together the power of the Marvel brand with the energy and excitement of professional hockey," said Marvel Vice President, Digital Media & Marketing Solutions, Jonathan Parkhideh.

Over the course of the Season, each ECHL Team will adorn a special Marvel Super Hero theme jersey featuring one of several characters including Captain America, Ironman, Thor, Hulk, or collectively as the Avengers, with the ECHL Team's own logo intertwined.  Several ECHL Marvel Super Hero Nights will feature these characters against each other with both teams wearing a specialty themed jersey.

"The ECHL is proud to partner with Marvel, one of Disney's most popular brands, in their first ever North American league-wide partnership," said Brian McKenna, Commissioner of the ECHL. "We would also like to thank Barry Meisel and the MeiGray Group for their participation to bring these Super Heroes to the ice by way of the specialty jerseys. The ECHL takes great pride in providing new and creative ideas to entertain our fans and expand our audience and Marvel is the ideal partner to continue this trend."

As part of this first-of-its-kind league-wide program, all ECHL-Marvel themed jerseys will be auctioned off to the public through The MeiGray Group at MeiGray.com. For complete details on the ECHL-Marvel Super Hero Night in the ECHL market nearest you, please see the schedule below or contact your ECHL Team directly.

ECHL - MARVEL Super Hero Game Nights

ECHL Team                                        Game Date
Adirondack Thunder                          November 25, 2017
Allen Americans                                 January 15, 2018
Atlanta Gladiators                              December 2, 2017
Brampton Beast                                  November 19, 2017
Cincinnati Cyclones                            February 9-10, 2018
Colorado Eagles                                  March 18, 2018
Florida Everblades                              November 18, 2017
Fort Wayne Komets                            April 7, 2018
Greenville Swamp Rabbits                 January 21, 2018
Idaho Steelheads                                March 24, 2018
Indy Fuel                                            November 18, 2017
Jacksonville IceMen                            November 17, 2017
Kalamazoo Wings                               January 20, 2018
Kansas City Mavericks                       November 11, 2017
Manchester Monarchs                         January 20, 2018
Norfolk Admirals                                March 3, 2018
Orlando Solar Bears                            November 25, 2017
Quad City Mallards                            January 19, 2018
Rapid City Rush                                 February 10, 2018
Reading Royals                                   December 30, 2017
South Carolina Stingrays                    November 18, 2017
Toledo Walleye                                   November 4, 2017
Tulsa Oilers                                         March 25, 2018
Utah Grizzlies                                     October 28, 2017
Wheeling Nailers                                 November 10, 2017
Wichita Thunder                                 November 25, 2017
Worcester Railers                                March 2-3, 2018

For some of those teams who seemingly do specialty jerseys every 4th game, this is not a huge deal lol.

From MeiGray's Bruins rep about my request for Forsbacka-Karlsson's PS jerseys:

I was told you were asking on FB about Bruins request calls.  I started requests, but had you down for Forsbaka-Karlsson pre-season.   We will not know if we get his pre-seaosn until the end of the season.  If he comes up this year, they will most likely just pull his pre-season jersey and use it .  If he doesn’t get called up at all then we would most likely have pre-season shirts.

“Of course I (like playing with young players),” Jagr said. “Anybody compared to my age is young guy, so last 20 years I’ve played with young guys.”

2 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

Looks like someone got their hands on the real deal. 

https://www.ebay.ca/i/162705911306

I really hope this isn't what others will charge for these.  I refuse to spend $550 on a blank and then another $50-100 to get it customized when I can get a pretty decent gamer for that price.

24 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I really hope this isn't what others will charge for these.  I refuse to spend $550 on a blank and then another $50-100 to get it customized when I can get a pretty decent gamer for that price.

The Canucks said that they would be getting them. This seller is just price gouging by buying from the Canucks and trying to see how much he can get. No different than the guys who buy the MSG team store exclusive stuff and list them on times the actual cost.

39 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I refuse to do it more than twice. That’s my opening position. 

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

It's in CAD.  It's $438 USD.  But, still, highway robbery.  And it's damaged, to boot!

Also, sublimated shoulder patches? Eww.

I’ve been complaining steady about having Canadian made authentics available but at this price or the $400 that the Canucks store will charge It’ll be a hard no for me.  That’s just way too much to spend on an authentic i.m.h.o.

Those aren't sublimated shoulder patches. It's something called Pro Weave. They're used on the pro model Adizero soccer jerseys too. It's a very tightly knit patch that's done to reduce weight. Because all that thread really brings you down on the ice.

Here's a good example of the kind of weave the Adidas shoulder patches have. You can see the difference between the regular embroidery around the PSV logo, but the inside of the logo itself is that flat lighter weave. 

bZH5HEt.jpg

1 hour ago, Brilliant! said:

Those aren't sublimated shoulder patches. It's something called Pro Weave. They're used on the pro model Adizero soccer jerseys too. It's a very tightly knit patch that's done to reduce weight. Because all that thread really brings you down on the ice.

Interesting. I don't see any knit, but the pic is blurry so it's hard to tell. Pretty cool. 

Just copy the link to the tweet and paste it in. It'll automatically format it for you after you hit enter.

Edited by jsh139

20 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Same with a YT vid. 

How do you make any female Flyers fan tolerable enough to listen to?

Hand her a glass of Cabernet, shave off her mustache, and have her make fun of a a Devils jersey.  

She's a keeper. 

Incorrect. There is no amount of anything on Earth to improve the status of Flyers trash. Is that Spanish? Yes, it's Spanish inside a French hockey jersey. Toolbag.

I did love hearing Shook Ones Pt. II and Hypnotize in the background though.

Pretty sure that’s the kind of girl who would “entertain” both of those guys in the family restroom at the arena. 

Edited by mfitz804