2017-2018 Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

They don't even look like hockey jerseys.  They look like long-sleeved t-shirts.

That’s what people are saying about the Devils’ new style, which if true, means that the Olympic ones do look like jerseys. 

6 minutes ago, Double J said:

Thank the hockey jersey gods I've found this forum. Nice to read some common complaints! haha

You'll realize your error once you spend all your time wondering if things are "accurate" and then you spend all of your money on jerseys you probably wouldn't have bought before finding this forum!!

These are so bad they make me not even want to watch the games lol.

Just because the games are in China doesn't mean they needed to let the counterfeiters make the jerseys!

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

You'll realize your error once you spend all your time wondering if things are "accurate" and then you spend all of your money on jerseys you probably wouldn't have bought before finding this forum!!

haha. trust me, I already do all of those things. eg.buying 2 sizes in Edge 2.0 Oilers 3rd/home because I gained weight, obsessing over the huge sleeves...hiding stuff from the gf...Do I fit in?

25 minutes ago, Double J said:

haha. trust me, I already do all of those things. eg.buying 2 sizes in Edge 2.0 Oilers 3rd/home because I gained weight, obsessing over the huge sleeves...hiding stuff from the gf...Do I fit in?

Other than the fact that you needed to qualify why you bought two identical jerseys with an excuse, yup, you'll fit right in. 

:) 

18 minutes ago, Double J said:

did I mention that they were on "sale"? haha.Say no to MSRP!

Well obviously...I can say I have not paid full MSRP on a jersey since the internet was invented. Came close a couple times but always wound up getting at least a slight discount. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Well obviously...I can say I have not paid full MSRP on a jersey since the internet was invented. Came close a couple times but always wound up getting at least a slight discount. 

I loved the days when the NHL would change jersey companies and the store I worked at would get the old on ice jerseys for dirt cheap. like $35 CDN which back then was probably $20 USD or less.I still kick myself for selling my Penguins home white.Now I have to settle for employee pricing on Indo-zeros. :(

1 hour ago, Double J said:

I suspect you'll enjoy this thread right here:

6 hours ago, Hollywood Cannon said:

I don't get it. Frank Serravelli said that the USA sleeves were designed based off of Eagle's wings. What's Canada's excuse?

I’ll add, the USA look stupid even if that was the idea. I don’t want a jersey with eagle wings for arms. 

I wouldn't mind the eagle's wings if Jesus had them and was on stage singing lead for Skynyrd with an angel band. But, I'd have to be HAMMERED drunk in the front row to really appreciate it.

6 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

I wouldn't mind the eagle's wings if Jesus had them and was on stage singing lead for Skynyrd with an angel band. But, I'd have to be HAMMERED drunk in the front row to really appreciate it.

Shake n Bake bud

7 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

And just like that, the USA Olympic jersey became known as the “Free Bird”. 

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And just like that, the USA Olympic jersey became known as the “Free Bird”. 

...because Foxworthy 3:16 says so! 

52 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’ll add, the USA look stupid even if that was the idea. I don’t want a jersey with eagle wings for arms. 

USA hockey always looks stoopid at the Olympics :fight: