2017-2018 Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

For her pleasure obviously.

25 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

We're all surprised that you beat @mfitz804 to this comment. 

I was derelict in my IJ duties. Luckily, my man Devilsguy was able to pick it up and run with it. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

One complaint actually. No felt numbering? That's a bit lame.

Honestly, felt numbering just looks awesome. Teams should do it all the time. 

2 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

ROYAL BLUE!!!! HALLE-FUCKIN-LUJAH!!!

I swear to God if the Rangers wear navy, I will kill everyone.

1 hour ago, hatryk said:

From what KJ said from steiner they are navy blue

And thus, the beginning of the end of the human population has begun. 

They are OK.  Could have been a lot better though.  Don't really like how the stripes work.  The one Sabres shoulder patch?  I know the Winter Classic patch is going to be on the other shoulder, but I think that looks weird. The floating NHL neck logo losses points too.  I do love the royal blue though. The NY at the bottom of the crest works too.  Buffalo need to do like Pittsburgh and go back to the early '90's when they got them right.

When I saw the teasers yesterday I gave some thought to maybe ordering this  - but the stripes killed that notion. 

The collar is the hardest thing for me to accept with the new Adidas template. This jersey shows the collar can be done reasonably well, but the collars are the one thing they need to change out next year, IMO.  So far, only the Edmonton home/away, the Nashville white, and maybe the away red Red Wings are the only ones that I could live with, pending an in-hand inspection. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockeyjerseys/comments/7ewvsz/new_york_rangers_winter_classic_jersey_leak/?st=JACFHDKO&sh=71c23662

Leaked Rangers jersey. Seems legit and matches the style seen on other WC garb. 

First time I’ve truly been underwhelmed by a Rangers jersey. 

Its like they didn’t even bother trying. Could have tried a new yolk style, a different collar, something. 

Willstill get it probably 

Edited by Zeshy25

I actually like it. It's not very creative, but it's hard to mess it up with the Rangers colors.

6 hours ago, Zeshy25 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockeyjerseys/comments/7ewvsz/new_york_rangers_winter_classic_jersey_leak/?st=JACFHDKO&sh=71c23662

Leaked Rangers jersey. Seems legit and matches the style seen on other WC garb. 

First time I’ve truly been underwhelmed by a Rangers jersey. 

Its like they didn’t even bother trying. Could have tried a new yolk style, a different collar, something. 

Willstill get it probably 

That's fake. I've seen the real one.

On 11/21/2017 at 4:54 PM, mfitz804 said:

Honestly, felt numbering just looks awesome. Teams should do it all the time. 

The actual on-ice jersey will have the felt numbering with the internal stitching per the guy who designed them on Twitter. Which totally sucks as I found out after I ordered one from the Sabres (non-returnable as it's a custom jersey). It's just a really poor job by the Sabres selling something where the customization isn't even close to on-ice specs. I feel it's really quite misleading.

9 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

Not bad. I guess everyone lives for the time being.

Am I crazy or do the on-ice ones look a lighter shade of blue than the store version?

I think that might have something to do with the extra lighting they used at the training center against the walls for the photoshoot, but then again we know the materials aren't the same so it might be off, nothing would surprise me.

Better than I thought and looks much better on the players for sure.

Also I take it the captain and alternates will wear the C and A inside the shield and everyone else will have NY inside their shield?  I thought that was an odd touch.

Also from the closeups of the front RANGERS lettering from the Adidas IG, it looks like they are dual layered white with felt on the bottom and twill on top.  That is unless I am seeing it wrong.

Not bad. Will get in for the collection. 

After seeing the leaks I started thinking the patch on the chest might be a different look for the Rangers. 

Good: Nice color and simple font. Stripping on the arms and sleeves is bold and consistent both within the jersey and the general Rangers aesthetic. Like the patch on the chest. Collar looks good  

Meh: striping around the neck is a little too much. Would have preferred a white shoulder yoke instead. Some outline on the numbers may have help them pop more. 

Now should I get a Zucc, Lundqvist, Zibanejad, Buch, Skjei, or Nash. May depend on who is going to the ASG or just get one blank and see who plays the best and customize it afterwards.