2017-2018 Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

Lol. Those have got to be the worst jerseys I’ve ever seen. Just terrible. Will go nicely with their 5th place finish.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, KB67 said:

Lol. Those have got to be the worst jerseys I’ve ever seen. Just terrible. Will go nicely with their 5th place finish.

Buffalo Bills hockey jersey. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not jerseys but does anyone know what socks they have gone with this year? I haven’t heard anything about whether they are Adidas branded and haven’t seen any of the new style for sale yet.

2 hours ago, AeroFishOne said:

Not jerseys but does anyone know what socks they have gone with this year? I haven’t heard anything about whether they are Adidas branded and haven’t seen any of the new style for sale yet.

I've seen in some photos they have an Adidas logo on the tag. I'll see if I can find one.

Heh...I saw that. It was pretty cool. He said he didn't notice it until after but it sure seemed like he did in the clips, didn't it? He looked right at the guy for a good solid second.

Oh yeah? Well tell me this then chief...how is it holding the hockey stick? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, HOW IS IT HOLDING THE EFFING HOCKEY STICK?!!?!?!?

4 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

Oh yeah? Well tell me this then chief...how is it holding the hockey stick? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, HOW IS IT HOLDING THE EFFING HOCKEY STICK?!!?!?!?

Jalapeño magic, obviously. 

10 hours ago, robersong88 said:

Thanks, just looks like rebranded Reebok Edges. 

11 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

Peppers aint magic, Paco. There's only one Pepper out there worth a dam and his last name is Keenan.

That's conformity between me and you, I'm down with that. 

Edited by Silverback53

2 minutes ago, Silverback53 said:

That's conformity between me and you, I'm down with that. 

You guys are corroding this thread. ?

I know there's already been a lot written about the Adizero jersey, but I still felt the need to kick in some up-close experience.

If your team doesn't have a new style that you have to have, please don't buy this jersey.  It is truly a piece of crap.

Attended a Capitals game at Capital One Arena tonight.  Had two additional missions to enjoying my 24 oz beers: check out the Adizero jersey, and scan the crowd to see who was wearing them.

With the bias that the Caps are not wearing a new style (except for the adjusted front shoulder blue trim - which I'm really pleased with), I observed that most people still wear Reebok replicas to games.  The Adizeros are creeping in, and some fans are also sporting the Fanatics jerseys, but the Reebok Premiers still rule the day.  A good piece of news is that there seem, anecdotally, to be fewer counterfeits out there.  That is good, at least in this market.

My brother, who likes jerseys, and understands that I only buy the made in Canada product (I was wearing a MeiGray blank issued Caps third jersey from 16-17 that popped up on eBay), was disinterested in the Adizero product, but liked the Fanatics product for the softness and fit.  Meanwhile, I checked out the Adizero.

Terrible.  The weight was actually not bad when I picked it up, but the fit and material was a turnoff.  I wear a 54 Edge 2.0 (I'm 6-0, 165, 76-inch wingspan) and learned that the size 50 Adizero would be the only thing that fits me.  The body is long (moreso than wide) and the sleeves are like an Edge 1.0, if not longer.  I would need a size 50, which I know are not easy to find (especially if I want that elusive Caps white Adizero, which only Lids has in a few sizes).  The material is abysmal.  Body is like the Reebok Premier, but with the mesh shaped somewhat like the on-ice MIC Adizero.  Shoulder yoke with the dimples looks cheap.  You can see the quality of the on-ice product from far away or on TV, but the material on the Indo Adizero doesn't even try to match.  Dimples are distinctive and deep on the MIC jersey - Adizeros are shallow and just look like a knockoff.  Colors are OK, but not as bold as the on-ice product.  They'll fade like every other Reebok Premier.  Fight strap is so far down the back side.

When looking at the limited number of fans wearing them (which again, beats wearing a counterfeit), I noticed the pulls and snags, already.  Especially on the dimpled shoulders.  No one had a pro customization on their Adizero, but they don't care.  Which is fine, as long as they aren't fake.  

A tiny handful of folks wore fake Adizeros.  Not enough to move the needle, or close to Reebok totals.

The bottom line is that I had been toying with getting the Adizero product for some time, but seeing them in action tonight was all I needed.  I'll be waiting for the MeiGray game issueds this summer.

8 hours ago, reedpm said:

I know there's already been a lot written about the Adizero jersey, but I still felt the need to kick in some up-close experience.

If your team doesn't have a new style that you have to have, please don't buy this jersey.  It is truly a piece of crap.

Attended a Capitals game at Capital One Arena tonight.  Had two additional missions to enjoying my 24 oz beers: check out the Adizero jersey, and scan the crowd to see who was wearing them.

With the bias that the Caps are not wearing a new style (except for the adjusted front shoulder blue trim - which I'm really pleased with), I observed that most people still wear Reebok replicas to games.  The Adizeros are creeping in, and some fans are also sporting the Fanatics jerseys, but the Reebok Premiers still rule the day.  A good piece of news is that there seem, anecdotally, to be fewer counterfeits out there.  That is good, at least in this market.

My brother, who likes jerseys, and understands that I only buy the made in Canada product (I was wearing a MeiGray blank issued Caps third jersey from 16-17 that popped up on eBay), was disinterested in the Adizero product, but liked the Fanatics product for the softness and fit.  Meanwhile, I checked out the Adizero.

Terrible.  The weight was actually not bad when I picked it up, but the fit and material was a turnoff.  I wear a 54 Edge 2.0 (I'm 6-0, 165, 76-inch wingspan) and learned that the size 50 Adizero would be the only thing that fits me.  The body is long (moreso than wide) and the sleeves are like an Edge 1.0, if not longer.  I would need a size 50, which I know are not easy to find (especially if I want that elusive Caps white Adizero, which only Lids has in a few sizes).  The material is abysmal.  Body is like the Reebok Premier, but with the mesh shaped somewhat like the on-ice MIC Adizero.  Shoulder yoke with the dimples looks cheap.  You can see the quality of the on-ice product from far away or on TV, but the material on the Indo Adizero doesn't even try to match.  Dimples are distinctive and deep on the MIC jersey - Adizeros are shallow and just look like a knockoff.  Colors are OK, but not as bold as the on-ice product.  They'll fade like every other Reebok Premier.  Fight strap is so far down the back side.

When looking at the limited number of fans wearing them (which again, beats wearing a counterfeit), I noticed the pulls and snags, already.  Especially on the dimpled shoulders.  No one had a pro customization on their Adizero, but they don't care.  Which is fine, as long as they aren't fake.  

A tiny handful of folks wore fake Adizeros.  Not enough to move the needle, or close to Reebok totals.

The bottom line is that I had been toying with getting the Adizero product for some time, but seeing them in action tonight was all I needed.  I'll be waiting for the MeiGray game issueds this summer.

To be fair, Adizeros have been out for about 4ish months now while the Reebok Edges/Premiers have been out for 10+ years.  Combine that with most people seeing jerseys as a big investment and only really owning 1-2, it will take some time for the crowd to switch over to a majority Adidas/Fanatics jerseys.  Back in early November on a Devils message board a poster was going on and on about what a failure the new Adidas jerseys are because he hardly sees anyone wearing them to games he has been to while at the same time bitching about how much they cost.  He was too stupid to realize he answered his own question.

As for knockoffs I still see plenty at Devils games albeit they are Reeboks.  However I have seen more and more knockoff Adidas jerseys creeping in.

I'd wager that most people don't even realize (or care) that they switched from Reebok to Adidas.  My friends are die-hard hockey fans and not a single one has even mentioned the switch-over.  They all own exactly one jersey each.  My one friend owns a Koho replica and will probably never buy another jersey until that one literally falls apart.  Some people just aren't as into it as we are.

14 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I'd wager that most people don't even realize (or care) that they switched from Reebok to Adidas.  My friends are die-hard hockey fans and not a single one has even mentioned the switch-over.  They all own exactly one jersey each.  My one friend owns a Koho replica and will probably never buy another jersey until that one literally falls apart.  Some people just aren't as into it as we are.

Depends on the team.  Flyers made no real changes to the overall design.  Teams like LA and Washington only changed slightly (mostly the shoulder/arm striping) while others like the Devils made a bigger change (though I would stop short of saying it was a major change).

26 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Depends on the team.  Flyers made no real changes to the overall design.  Teams like LA and Washington only changed slightly (mostly the shoulder/arm striping) while others like the Devils made a bigger change (though I would stop short of saying it was a major change).

I would not have purchased my Indo Adidas jerseys had the design remained the same, I’d have waited for Made In Canada. 

I probably should have anyway.