2017-2018 Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

?

I think she was talking about the Patrick Division banner that is red/black instead of red/green.

On 3/7/2018 at 11:41 PM, jsh139 said:

I think she was talking about the Patrick Division banner that is red/black instead of red/green.

that will never be fixed.........

what about the banners in Vancouver.... they got naslund and bure  banners in blue and green and they never played in those colors , that is worse imo

1 hour ago, Brilliant! said:

Yes.

zIi6Jq1.jpg

Lie. If so they would have changed them dozens of times since 1992.

5 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

Yes. They wanted to have a uniform that honors the heritage of the franchise's past and move progressively forward with some performance design or something like that. The Devils press release explained they borrowed elements from the Bulldogs, Scouts and Rockies, but it's a guarantee no one said  "i see the Bulldogs, Scouts and Rockies in the uniform design!" until the Devils press release told them. 99% of Devils fans probably never heard of the Newark Bulldogs even though they passed by a jersey hanging inside the arena.

Personally, I think they just wanted to do a re-design and the whole “heritage” story was made up after the fact. 

I was never one of the people who was appalled by the re-design, but I’m completely beyond it now. Something I really like about the new ones, they look sleeker but still in a vintage hockey sweater kind of way. They left the logo alone and didn’t make them look like they should be worn for BMX or on a NASA mission. I couldn’t ask for a much better result from a re-design. 

I find the white one especially nice. If only I could actually buy one. 

9 hours ago, tomtucker said:

what about the banners in Vancouver.... they got naslund and bure  banners in blue and green and they never played in those colors , that is worse imo

You mean Smyl and Bure.

14 hours ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

Yes. They wanted to have a uniform that honors the heritage of the franchise's past and move progressively forward with some performance design or something like that. The Devils press release explained they borrowed elements from the Bulldogs, Scouts and Rockies, but it's a guarantee no one said  "i see the Bulldogs, Scouts and Rockies in the uniform design!" until the Devils press release told them. 99% of Devils fans probably never heard of the Newark Bulldogs even though they passed by a jersey hanging inside the arena.

Thank for the info

So a NHL team are honored by and look up to minor league teams?  So much that they changed their uniform to look like them.

HOW PROGRESSIVE.

#MinorTeamsMatter

such bull......:rolleyes:

Edited by tomtucker

13 hours ago, tomtucker said:

was there ever an explanation given for why the devils changed their jerseys this season? 

Exactly, more evidence the story was made up later. 

On 2018-03-11 at 9:41 AM, tomtucker said:

The Bure banner in the current colours bugs me every single time I look up at it. Honestly, that’s such a Vancouver move. 

Edited by TheMadHat

6 hours ago, TheMadHat said:

The Bure banner in the current colours bugs me every single time I look up at it. Honestly, that’s such a Vancouver move. 

during the ceremony bure himself looked a little strange, bet he was displeased ..... bad move by the canucks 

• 2 weeks later...

Is that supposed to be a sort of stylized SJ under the shark in the logo a la the Devils with NJ in their logo?

1 minute ago, jsh139 said:

Looks more like just an “S” for Sharks. 

I can see where you can argue it represents a J, but I think that’s a stretch. Pretty much just an S.