CJ Matthews

2017-2018 Jersey Watch

753 posts in this topic

I'll just leave this here...

IMG_6073.JPG

According to the Devils they will be celebrating and designating certain games this year as part of the "35th anniversary series."  First one is on Oct 27th against Ottawa.

Not sure where this would go....but the Flyers are retiring #88 on Jan 18th

Edited by HockeyMusic

Wait a minute....Cory Schneider died??? When???

1 hour ago, Brilliant! said:

Wait a minute....Cory Schneider died??? When???

When he went to New Jersey. 

Still hate the collar on the Leafs jersey.

The Devils new jersey still looks much better on the player than in the renders IMO.  There will always be a segment of fans who will hate it because it is something other than what they have been used to for the past 25 years, but I think a lot of the anger towards it will die down by Christmas.

Flyers
Tampa
Ducks
Boston
Wild 
Montreal

Are all decent looking jerseys.

Why are there some teams missing from that picture, yet there are two Flyers jerseys standing right next to each other? 

The shoulder patches are much too close to the collar, especially bad on the Canucks jersey.

19 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Why are there some teams missing from that picture, yet there are two Flyers jerseys standing right next to each other? 

Because the Rags have no legit prospects

It should be noted that the small adidas Adizero button that will appear on the retail "authentics"is present on both the Flyers and Devils jerseys in that picture.

I really like the Wild's re-do. I'm a little concerned about how much these gamers will initially go for. I'm happy dropping $250 on one of the Wild's old Reebok gamers but not too enthused about what gamers should cost this year. 

1 hour ago, thebiggoalie said:

Kobe-U-Mad20110725-22047-1i31pz7.jpg

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

The Devils new jersey still looks much better on the player than in the renders IMO.  There will always be a segment of fans who will hate it because it is something other than what they have been used to for the past 25 years, but I think a lot of the anger towards it will die down by Christmas.

100% right. Not that I don't still like the old style better, but they look way better on. 

1 hour ago, reedpm said:

It should be noted that the small adidas Adizero button that will appear on the retail "authentics"is present on both the Flyers and Devils jerseys in that picture.

I think they're all wearing the Indos. Alex DeBrincat was wearing a Hawks Indo in other photos from the event. 

2 hours ago, DJ Rhea said:

Flyers
Tampa
Ducks
Boston
Wild 
Montreal

Are all decent looking jerseys.

You forgot the Avs

All of you have much better vision than I do. 

I'm old!!!!

back-to-the-future-2-old-young.png

10 hours ago, LetsGoHomeBaby said:

Because the Rags have no legit prospects

Oh trust me, we know it. 

I saw this in the Hockey News this week. This is the best new jersey for 2017-18. Go Tips! 

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Dr_Puck

1 minute ago, Dr_Puck said:

I saw this in the Hockey News this week. This is the best new jersey for 2017-18. Go Tips! With jerseys like this, it makes me wonder how the Binghamton Devils could botch theirs so badly. 

maxresdefault.jpg

They're lovely, I don't know what it is with the AHL, but all their emblems are awful. Just OTT cartoony American crap.

Just now, DJ Rhea said:

They're lovely, I don't know what it is with the AHL, but all their emblems are awful. Just OTT cartoony American crap.

I edited my original post because I didn't want to take away focus from the WHL jersey. I do think there's a difference between leagues though. The WHL is consistent and classy, the AHL less so. 

34 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

I edited my original post because I didn't want to take away focus from the WHL jersey. I do think there's a difference between leagues though. The WHL is consistent and classy, the AHL less so. 

And I really don't know why. London Knights, jerseys and emblems can put some NHL teams to shame. 

The white one is really nice. If Leafs had a decent prospect from there. I'd get one made up.