CJ Matthews

2017-2018 Jersey Watch

753 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

There's definitely no hope at this time. Canadian-made authentics will not be sold at retail. They will only be made available to the teams. At this point, the only way to get one will be to buy a GI or GW.

That crystallises the thought process though. It's GW/GI/TI or skip it all together at this point. It may also push the prices of those items higher. Who knows. 

1 hour ago, rabinsurance said:

Henrik Lundqvist was on "Live With Kelly and Ryan" today. I had it on in the office in the background with the sound off while I was making my calls. They did some goofy segment where Henrik and Kelly took shots on Seacrest, wearing goalie pads. He flopped around like the Arse he is. But he and Ripa were wearing customized Rangers Adizero jerseys, without any tags or badges on the body like the Indo versions seem to have. 

That's incorrect. I was there. They had the badges.

36911477871_63bcf8ed89_o.jpg

36656015390_7f88f22fe3_o.jpg

DI91Q7_VYAA0srX?format=jpg&name=large

DI91jzkVoAA_Deg?format=jpg&name=large

saw these on twitter.  The Arenas is not a surprise but will there be an Adidas st. pats jersey this year?

I stand corrected. Thank you CJ. I had the sound off and was doing three other things at the time. But Ryan Seacrest is still a douchebag.

On 9/5/2017 at 7:00 PM, TMLFAN said:

DI91Q7_VYAA0srX?format=jpg&name=large

DI91jzkVoAA_Deg?format=jpg&name=large

saw these on twitter.  The Arenas is not a surprise but will there be an Adidas st. pats jersey this year?

Of course.....wear the sweet Arenas jersey when @#$&!@# Adidas does the jerseys.  Dickheads

Someone who recently talked to EPS told me that they told him that they are not doing Devils anymore.

If true, this really sucks.

I guess that depends on who will be doing them. 

27 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I guess that depends on who will be doing them. 

With our (Devils) luck, some little shop that doesn't take outside orders.

WC logo looks pretty cool.

Rangers logo looks like it's a baseball logo.

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

With our (Devils) luck, some little shop that doesn't take outside orders.

Does it matter if we can't buy blanks anyway??

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Does it matter if we can't buy blanks anyway??

I was hoping TI's, but with Fanatics taking over for Meigray (apparently), who knows.

None of it sounds good. 

Ooooh, ROYAL blue for a Rangers throwback?? It's about effing time.

Some news for all. 

Spoke with my Canucks rep. He advised that the team will be offering the Retail Authentic for $200 Canadian and the Pro On Ice Authentic for $400 Canadian. Apparently Adidas has set the pricing "league wide" which means that other teams MAY offer the made in Canada jersey for retail sale. It's up to each team to order and resell. 

Did they happen to say if the On-ice authentics would be team-issued sizes only (52 and up), or whether 46/50's might be available?

Can't wait to buy $800 worth of jerseys my team's fan base hates. 

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

Did they happen to say if the On-ice authentics would be team-issued sizes only (52 and up), or whether 46/50's might be available?

No sizing confirmations. My belief is 54 and up based on historical sizing that the Canucks had on hand for team stock. Apparently Adidas has done a terrible job communicating with the team about the new jerseys and they are ordering limited stock because of high price. By comparison blank team stock was $329.99 CAD with Reebok. I was told that all ordering is done with Adidas USA meaning that prices are in US and converted to CAD which drives up cost and hence the $400 CAD MSRP. Definitely sounds like the program isn't being met with a positive reception at least in Vancouver. 

I missed the whole US vs. Canadian dollar thing. 

Can't wait to buy $658 worth of jerseys my team's fan base hates. 

Lol. With the way the CAD VS USD exchange is going you might be back to your original $800 ;)  

For any Van fans, nothing to really be excited about. Virtually unchanged when you see it in person.

2018 Adidas

2018 Adidas

Edited by chow_hound

2 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Might be time to put on some weight, bud 😂

16 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Someone who recently talked to EPS told me that they told him that they are not doing Devils anymore.

If true, this really sucks.

I wouldn't trust second-hand info. I'd go directly to the source.

12 hours ago, FrontYardSpecial said:

Wonder if the Devils are going with the perforated Adidas numbering?

I could have sworn I saw something recently that indicated the Devils were keeping the regular twill. If I find it again, I'll let you know.

7 hours ago, chow_hound said:

No sizing confirmations. My belief is 54 and up based on historical sizing that the Canucks had on hand for team stock. Apparently Adidas has done a terrible job communicating with the team about the new jerseys and they are ordering limited stock because of high price. By comparison blank team stock was $329.99 CAD with Reebok. I was told that all ordering is done with Adidas USA meaning that prices are in US and converted to CAD which drives up cost and hence the $400 CAD MSRP. Definitely sounds like the program isn't being met with a positive reception at least in Vancouver. 

Disappointing. I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not. 

Now you'll have to excuse my ignorance here but are the teams charged those prices for their jerseys? Effectively retail prices when selling direct from manufacturer to clubs? 

I was told that Adidas sells pro jerseys direct to the team equipment managers for the same price ($400) and the team is forced to apply the Adidas MSRP if they resell. I know there is margins for all the other products (hats, retail Authentic, shirts, etc) but it sounds like these are not intended to have a wholesale and retail margin since they don't actually offer at retail.