CJ Matthews

2017-2018 Jersey Watch

753 posts in this topic

I'm not at all questioning the veracity of what chow_hound said, but I am wondering why it would make any economic sense at all for a team to even bother offering on-ice authentics to the public.  If it costs the team $400 CAD to buy a jersey, and they are forced to sell them at $400, then they aren't making even one cent profit on the sale.  For every on-ice jersey they sell, that could be one (or possibly more) less Indo jersey they might sell, which they would have made a profit on.

Edited by LAK74

12 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Noticed icejerseys is selling Canadiens practice jerseys.  Made in Indonesia unfortunately.  Did anybody confirm if the teams use made in Canada practice jerseys or not?

Practice Jersey

What is that, a vinyl crest??

15 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Noticed icejerseys is selling Canadiens practice jerseys.  Made in Indonesia unfortunately.  Did anybody confirm if the teams use made in Canada practice jerseys or not?

Practice Jersey

They do use made in Canada practice jerseys

49 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

For every on-ice jersey they sell, that could be one (or possibly more) less Indo jersey they might sell, which they would have made a profit on.

er4ym.gif

I think it's intentional.  Imagine how chapped the Reebok marketing folks were back during the Edge rollout.  The players hated the on-ice jerseys. For consumers, word got out pretty quick that Indos were just a cheap imitation. 

This time around, mandated MSRP would be an easy fix on the consumer side. 

Edited by furiousd

They're going to start being available online starting on the 22nd it looks like. 

$180 USD and $200 CAD for the "Indo-Zero".

Also looks like 9/15 they'll be available at "Team Shops."

I'm sure this has been covered but the Chicago Blackhawks Team Store had a promotion for pre-order Adidas jerseys where they offered free customization. 

I asked if the jerseys would be made in Canada or On-Ice jerseys 

This was their response: 
" I want to say it will be similar to the past seasons where there are two different versions of authentic jerseys made by Adidas, the one that only the team receives through the NHL  that is more fitting to their needs for it on the ice, and then there is the retail version authentic (lighter less abrasive material) that is solely purposed for sale to the public and as fan apparel. The retail version is not made in Canada and usually the one you are talking about is only available through Canadian companies but are not in our possession to purchase/sell here at the arena. I have not seen what the team jerseys look like this year though so my facts are not 100% accurate.

Again, pretty sure this is what I have seen others post but I don't know if it was covered with Chicago team store

That's a great response to a yes or no question. 

All the Leafs fans just shat themselves. 

Confession: I set aside sufficient funds to buy no more than two new Adizero Devils jerseys...then I promptly spent that money on discounted Edge jerseys. hobby!!

Those are solid.

I've continued to pick up 2.0's after seeing what the Adizeros looked like.  Some of the discounts have been too good to pass up, plus I like the Edge construction better.  I thought the Adizero neck looked ok on the world cups, but not so much on the NHL jerseys.

12 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Those are solid.

I've continued to pick up 2.0's after seeing what the Adizeros looked like.  Some of the discounts have been too good to pass up, plus I like the Edge construction better.  I thought the Adizero neck looked ok on the world cups, but not so much on the NHL jerseys.

Agreed. I have to have them because they exist, but it may actually be good for my collecting. 

#TwoIsEnough. 

1 hour ago, furiousd said:

Those are solid.

+1

The WCOH jerseys were nice looking, but I'm just not thrilled about how some of the teams' designs have translated to the template, especially the neck area. I'm not in a rush to buy an Adizero of any of my favorite NHL teams at the moment, but will stock up on Edges that will likely never be available again. 

Who knows, in the future, collectors may covet 2.0s as much as Ultrafils one day! ;) 

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

All the Leafs fans just shat themselves. 

Confession: I set aside sufficient funds to buy no more than two new Adizero Devils jerseys...then I promptly spent that money on discounted Edge jerseys. hobby!!

And there it finally is, the long awaited Arenas jersey we've been waiting two years for.  It's finally here and we get fudged over by Adidas by not being able to buy the Canadian made version.  

The Leafs could potentially be wearing five jerseys this season if they end up using new st pats and outdoor game jerseys and thankfully Adidas saved me roughly $1500 by being donkeys and forcing overseas made trash in the public.  

Keep your crappy a ss Indonesian made jerseys Adidas, keep them.

24 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Keep your crappy a ss Indonesian made jerseys Adidas, keep them.

My initial thought was to just buy home and Road of whatever is available, but I think I've shifted on that. Canada only!!!

That will be the best jersey Adidas ever puts out.

Dirty rat pigs.  Effing Adidas!!

Please God let JB get madenin Canada authentics!!

The leafs have this and a stadium series jersey this year.  Can't afford gamers of both.

Who are you kidding?? You can't afford ONE of those gamers!

Mainly because Big Lou is apparently prepping himself to be smothered by all his players' unwashed game jerseys. What a sick perv.

32 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

Who are you kidding?? You can't afford ONE of those gamers!

Mainly because Big Lou is apparently prepping himself to be smothered by all his players' unwashed game jerseys. What a sick perv.

Correct on both accounts!

Since we saw the arenas jersey last year, does that mean Toronto had an adidas jersey displayed last year before they took over?

17 minutes ago, hatryk said:

Since we saw the arenas jersey last year, does that mean Toronto had an adidas jersey displayed last year before they took over?

It has the Reebok collar like St. Louis winter classic and Boston winter classic

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

My initial thought was to just buy home and Road of whatever is available, but I think I've shifted on that. Canada only!!!

Everybody needs to do this and not buy those P.O.S. indo authentics.  Poor sales of the indo would send a message to those adidas fat cats real quick.

1 hour ago, HockeyMusic said:

Dirty rat pigs.  Effing Adidas!!

Please God let JB get madenin Canada authentics!!

The leafs have this and a stadium series jersey this year.  Can't afford gamers of both.

Never say never.  I got my 2014 winter classic gamer for less then the msrp of a blank edge 2.0.  Even if the Canadian made jerseys become available if the price is $400 I will be waiting on gamers.

13 hours ago, furiousd said:

Those are solid.

13 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

12 hours ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

+1

The WCOH jerseys were nice looking, but I'm just not thrilled about how some of the teams' designs have translated to the template, especially the neck area. I'm not in a rush to buy an Adizero of any of my favorite NHL teams at the moment, but will stock up on Edges that will likely never be available again. 

Who knows, in the future, collectors may covet 2.0s as much as Ultrafils one day! ;) 

I've been thinking the same. 2.0s for the time being, especially on the clearance prices available. Waiting to see what sort of reports come in on the quality of the Adizeros. Quite underwhelmed by them so far.

6 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

Everybody needs to do this and not buy those P.O.S. indo authentics.  Poor sales of the indo would send a message to those adidas fat cats real quick.

Agreed. If I end up getting one I will hold out for a gamer or a TI if I need to. Made in Canada or die...or something.

On the positive side, I've never seen so much Canadian love from Americans.  

When you all move here, just remember the Queen is awesome, you need to add 'u' in the proper words, and its Zed not Zee. 

TMLFan and I can even teach you to love the Leafs. 

36389445783_6cb491501e_b.jpg