CJ Matthews

2017-2018 Jersey Watch

879 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, AlereFlammam said:

On the positive side, I've never seen so much Canadian love from Americans.  

When you all move here, just remember the Queen is awesome, you need to add 'u' in the proper words, and its Zed not Zee. 

TMLFan and I can even teach you to love the Leafs. 

Say goodbye to pennies, 1 and 2 dollar bills, learn to love Poutine, put an "eh?" on the end of sentences even where it doesn't grammatically make sense.... The list goes on.

I freaking love Canadians eh?

But then I'm already a member of the Commonwealth so it's not much of a leap. 

13 hours ago, AlereFlammam said:

It has the Reebok collar like St. Louis winter classic and Boston winter classic

So did adidas copy what Reebok made last year or since they're the same company will the just slap on an adidas logo on it?  Curious to see if that jersey had a Reebok mark on it. 

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

36389445783_6cb491501e_b.jpg

Why do they call it the Indo-Zero?

Because I'm going to own Zero of them.

54 minutes ago, hatryk said:

So did adidas copy what Reebok made last year or since they're the same company will the just slap on an adidas logo on it?  Curious to see if that jersey had a Reebok mark on it. 

It was a Reebok jersey displayed at the Leafs HQ.  The design was translated into the Adizero template.

2 hours ago, HannuVirta said:

It was a Reebok jersey displayed at the Leafs HQ.  The design was translated into the Adizero template.

Much like how Canada took America's superior design and translated it into an inferior commie pinko template.

66t2QVl.png

I still think "Arenas" is a horrible team name. Whose your favorite baseball team, The Stadiums?

8 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Say goodbye to pennies, 1 and 2 dollar bills, learn to love Poutine, put an "eh?" on the end of sentences even where it doesn't grammatically make sense.... The list goes on.

But on the upside, throwing $1 coins at strippers is a hell of a lot easier than dollar bills. 

Think of your children pledging allegiance to the maple leaf.
Mayonnaise on everything.
Winter. Eleven months of the year.
Anne Murray. All day. Every day.

On 9/12/2017 at 10:43 AM, furiousd said:

I think it's intentional.  Imagine how chapped the Reebok marketing folks were back during the Edge rollout.  The players hated the on-ice jerseys. For consumers, word got out pretty quick that Indos were just a cheap imitation. 

This time around, mandated MSRP would be an easy fix on the consumer side. 

The Edge came out in 2007, and the Indo didn't come along for another four years (2011-12 season).  Until then, shops were able to buy Edge 1.0s directly through the Reebok catalog.

On 9/12/2017 at 9:21 PM, TMLFAN said:

Everybody needs to do this and not buy those P.O.S. indo authentics.  Poor sales of the indo would send a message to those adidas fat cats real quick.

Plenty of people did this with the Indo, and it made no difference in the six years that it existed.  The quality of the later Indo was certainly higher than it was at the beginning, but it still paled compared to a 2.0.

The first Indos had the Reebok wordmark pressed on and not sewn, and the fight strap stitching was all over the place.  After about three seasons, they started actually making it look somewhat decent.  Not $300 decent, but at least more passable than the first ones.

5 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

Think of your children pledging allegiance to the maple leaf.
Mayonnaise on everything.
Winter. Eleven months of the year.
Anne Murray. All day. Every day.

My favourite scene:

canadian-bacon.jpg

"I do have to fine you. That will be a thousand dollars Canadian, or 10 American dollars if you prefer."

Edited by jsh139

Called the Rangers Chase Team store and they said jerseys will be definitely arriving before the first preseason game (next Monday - 9/18), most likely by Saturday.

Did not have any other information (pricing, made in CAN or Indonesia) 

I read someplace that physical team stores will have exclusive availability for the new Adidas (and assuming Fanatics) jerseys starting tomorrow.  Online shops and other stores will get them in on 9/22.

No Canadian-made authentics available through the Jets... So if the talk of Canadian-made Canucks authentics being available is accurate, I am jealous!

39 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I read someplace that physical team stores will have exclusive availability for the new Adidas (and assuming Fanatics) jerseys starting tomorrow.  Online shops and other stores will get them in on 9/22.

This is accurate -- I have heard this as well. 

Isles are going to be selling Indo Zeros. 

Edited by NYIJM29

I'm going to Devils opening night on 10/7, the day after my birthday. My wife is staying home so if they have Canadian made, I will be bringing home one of each. 

:)

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm going to Devils opening night on 10/7, the day after my birthday. My wife is staying home so if they have Canadian made, I will be bringing home one of each. 

:)

Let's say they have them.  Is there any chance whatsoever that you would see them and decide against it?  (any reason - cost, design, fit...)  1%?  0.001%? 

The .001% is staying home. So no!

That's a true completist, right there. 

I'm not sure I'll ever buy a Hawks Adizero (assuming availability), but I also did a 180 on the chrome stadium series jersey.  I can't trust anything I say.

Trying to get an authentic thru a Friend that plays For the coyotes  

I'll probably buy at least one Flyers, maybe two. The jerseys I saw last night had the centennial patch on them. And I'm assuming after January they'll have the 125th cup patch. 

Will the authentics being sold at the NYC store be the indo-zero versions or the Canadian made ones?