CJ Matthews

2017-2018 Jersey Watch

879 posts in this topic

Bit the bullet and bought VGK in a 54 and 56 -- should be interesting to see the cut. 

Interesting to see they offer sizes 42 and 44 now.  LAK74 must be jumping for joy with the smaller sizes.

I might pull the trigger on one. A few days ago I got an email from a contact that can sell the new Adidas jerseys for $199 (Canadian w sewn kit). 

Still waiting to hear where they are made but I'm not holding my breath for Canadian. 

Going back and forth with this this morning. Debating some Flyers ones... but this is a slippery slope.

Don't do it boys, don't do it.

Everyone:

(sitting at connected device, looking at new Indos, afraid to buy and be judged by forum but the addiction is real enough that even "cut" quality may suffice)

Fingers tapping nervously. Watching sizes dwindle.

F--- it, bought 2 of each size ranging from 56 and up. 

Apologize and rationalize to forum later.

tell forum you're disappointed and you're gonna sell when they arrive.

keep and wear secretly until authentics hit market.

3 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Everyone:

(sitting at connected device, looking at new Indos, afraid to buy and be judged by forum but the addiction is real enough that even "cut" quality may suffice)

Fingers tapping nervously. Watching sizes dwindle.

F--- it, bought 2 of each size ranging from 56 and up. 

Apologize and rationalize to forum later.

tell forum you're disappointed and you're gonna sell when they arrive.

keep and wear secretly until authentics hit market.

Haha. Exactly.

Birthday coming up and hoping the Mrs gets a home and away  

Or maybe I'll just hold out till the Rangers winter classic (unlikely). 

No mention of a fight strap in the marketing copy on the shop.nhl.com site. Oversight? 

46 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Don't do it boys, don't do it.

Seriously. I'm just gonna get my "I told you so" out of the way now. These jerseys will disappoint you.

So far it looks like shop.nhl is offering road Adizeros for only six teams- BOS, CHI, DET, NYR, PHI and PIT.

Are size 42 and 44 so that children can have an authentic jersey?

On the one hand, ordering a precustomized one with free shoprunner shipping is low risk.

On the other hand, my experience is that things don't get cheaper and of better quality. The blanks are only $20 more than NHL shop is charging for the reebok Indos on clearance.

My bet is that these adizeros are the equivalent of the old premiers and that fanatics replicas are a lower quality yet.

Ok, so I ordered a Flyers home and away... figuring worst case, it costs me $9 overall to return them (in shipping charges), so whatever.

That said, I ran down to the Sabres Store just now to take a look. They're definitely Made In Indonesia, like we all figured. The cut and material feel very similar to the Indo-Edge to me. Interesting note... on the size 46, the logo is incredibly smaller. Like, they put one for a children's jersey on it.

I should've done a better comparison to the Canadian ones that they have on display, but I was in a rush to get back to work. But I don't think it had the "jersey material" (for lack of a better term) within the logo like the true authentics do.

All in all, I guess we can at least say that they're finally charging less for the Indonesian jerseys, and at least not trying to charge $300 for each of them (even though I overheard a store employee trying to sell a dude on one of these and he was heavily implying that they're better than the Reebok ones at a much better deal too!)

Edited by dsl135

2 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

Ok, so I ordered a Flyers home and away... figuring worst case, it costs me $9 overall to return them (in shipping charges), so whatever.

That said, I ran down to the Sabres Store just now to take a look. They're definitely Made In Indonesia, like we all figured. The cut and material feel very similar to the Indo-Edge to me. Interesting note... on the size 46, the logo is incredibly smaller. Like, they put one for a children's jersey on it.

I should've done a better comparison to the Canadian ones that they have on display, but I was in a rush to get back to work.

Did the material feel like the same weight as was used on the WCOH authentics, or lighter?

There was a picture on the flyers Facebook page for the new jerseys and they are made over seas not in CANADA 

4 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Did the material feel like the same weight as was used on the WCOH authentics, or lighter?

It didn't feel like the WCOH ones. Lighter, more like a replica.

Edited by dsl135

I will just buy a gamer from my friends at Steiner.

Live look at Adidas head office

1vx5qd.jpg

I bought a Flyers Home and an Avs Home today. 

I have extremely low expectations but with 10% off from my Discover Card i'm not losing my shirt either. 

I thought about a Vegas just for the hell of it but decided against it. 

Mercifully, no blanks in a 60. I already have a Hall so that's out, my only option would be to get one customized by them, which I wouldn't do, and I wouldn't be able to return if I did. 

I'd have taken a chance and ordered a blank knowing it could be returned. But for now, I'm out!!

38 minutes ago, cowboys said:

There was a picture on the flyers Facebook page for the new jerseys and they are made over seas not in CANADA 

Just curious, got a link? Can't find the pic.

Hell No, Adizero, Hell No, Adizero

I can't do it. I know once I receive the Indo jerseys, I will be disappointed and just sell it right away.  Plus I hate the neck of the Hawks jersey anyway. At some point, we will figure out how to get the Canadian made ones - just be patient.

I'm struggling right now. Could order a Hall pre-customized, which I would be able to return if I hate it...