2017-2018 Jersey Watch

CJ Matthews

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far it looks like shop.nhl is offering road Adizeros for only six teams- BOS, CHI, DET, NYR, PHI and PIT.

On the one hand, ordering a precustomized one with free shoprunner shipping is low risk.

On the other hand, my experience is that things don't get cheaper and of better quality. The blanks are only $20 more than NHL shop is charging for the reebok Indos on clearance.

My bet is that these adizeros are the equivalent of the old premiers and that fanatics replicas are a lower quality yet.

Ok, so I ordered a Flyers home and away... figuring worst case, it costs me $9 overall to return them (in shipping charges), so whatever.

That said, I ran down to the Sabres Store just now to take a look. They're definitely Made In Indonesia, like we all figured. The cut and material feel very similar to the Indo-Edge to me. Interesting note... on the size 46, the logo is incredibly smaller. Like, they put one for a children's jersey on it.

I should've done a better comparison to the Canadian ones that they have on display, but I was in a rush to get back to work. But I don't think it had the "jersey material" (for lack of a better term) within the logo like the true authentics do.

All in all, I guess we can at least say that they're finally charging less for the Indonesian jerseys, and at least not trying to charge $300 for each of them (even though I overheard a store employee trying to sell a dude on one of these and he was heavily implying that they're better than the Reebok ones at a much better deal too!)

Edited by dsl135

2 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

Ok, so I ordered a Flyers home and away... figuring worst case, it costs me $9 overall to return them (in shipping charges), so whatever.

That said, I ran down to the Sabres Store just now to take a look. They're definitely Made In Indonesia, like we all figured. The cut and material feel very similar to the Indo-Edge to me. Interesting note... on the size 46, the logo is incredibly smaller. Like, they put one for a children's jersey on it.

I should've done a better comparison to the Canadian ones that they have on display, but I was in a rush to get back to work.

Did the material feel like the same weight as was used on the WCOH authentics, or lighter?

4 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Did the material feel like the same weight as was used on the WCOH authentics, or lighter?

It didn't feel like the WCOH ones. Lighter, more like a replica.

Edited by dsl135

Mercifully, no blanks in a 60. I already have a Hall so that's out, my only option would be to get one customized by them, which I wouldn't do, and I wouldn't be able to return if I did. 

I'd have taken a chance and ordered a blank knowing it could be returned. But for now, I'm out!!

38 minutes ago, cowboys said:

There was a picture on the flyers Facebook page for the new jerseys and they are made over seas not in CANADA 

Just curious, got a link? Can't find the pic.

Hell No, Adizero, Hell No, Adizero

I can't do it. I know once I receive the Indo jerseys, I will be disappointed and just sell it right away.  Plus I hate the neck of the Hawks jersey anyway. At some point, we will figure out how to get the Canadian made ones - just be patient.

From the FB page it looks like the crests (at least the ones pictured) have jersey material in them.

59 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

So the Sabres logo crest is Smaller on the size 46 than size 50 and up? Is that correct? How small is the logo crest on the sizes 42 and 44 then? 

To have the logo smaller already on size 46, seems like very stupid.

Edited by Lightbringer

1 minute ago, Lightbringer said:

So the Sabres logo crest is Smaller on the size 46 than size 50 and up? Is that correct? How small is the logo crest on the sizes 42 and 44 then? 

To have the logo smaller already on size 46, seems like very stupid.

It was definitely smaller than the 50 and up. They didn't have any smaller than 46 that I saw, but it was shockingly small.