CJ Matthews

2017-2018 Jersey Watch

879 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Zeshy25 said:

That's my plan too  

Also, sounds like the key to a successful marriage

I am a constant disappointment to myself so I think it only fair to hold others to the same standard. 

Except that I can never be arsed to do it. So disappointing. 

That's an interesting expression. "I can't be arsed to do it". You Ozzies are cool. 

25 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

That's an interesting expression. "I can't be arsed to do it". You Ozzies are cool. 

Definitely cooler than the Brits. Or one in particular. ;)

9 hours ago, tomtucker said:

But  not too long ago we had authentics and replicas.

so now authentic means "not fake" ?

Not too long ago we have two different types of CCM replica: airknit and that really cheap ultrafil that was marginally thicker than a t-shirt.  That includes the wrong material compared to what the team on the ice was wearing.

Not too long ago we had Starter producing off-color "fashion jerseys" for most of the teams in the league.  Remember the St. Louis Blues wearing black or Detroit wearing powder blue?

Not too long ago we had Starter and Pro Player producing replicas for teams that they did not outfit on the ice, putting them into direct competition with replicas of those same teams produced by their actual on-ice supplier.

I don't remember anyone claiming fraud or willful deception in those cases.

10 hours ago, lhg39 said:

Do thy have any of the precustomized ones to see what the quality of the customization is?

I know that the ones Columbus is selling in the team stores have perforated twill with the red layer sublimated.  Not screened, sublimated.

9 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Based on the picture it looks to be the same kind of fight strap the Indo's have been using.

It's a different one.  The snaps are noticeably different; they're smaller than the Indo and the on-ice Edge.

8 hours ago, LAK74 said:

And did the crest on that size 44 seem a lot smaller than on the larger sizes?

42, 44, and 46 all look to have smaller crests.

7 hours ago, Committed said:

Appreciate the insight buddy! 

At this point, I am just hopeful that they are a higher quality than the Indio. 

Does anyone know if that button can be removed? 

It's glued on and then stitched, but the stitching should be removable and the glue doesn't seem like much of anything.

Great info all around, thank you!

9 hours ago, RT33Pens said:

In Reebok Edge 2.0, size 52 fits me perfect. For the Adidas, I tried on a 52 and 54. If I was going to buy one, it would be the 54 (prefer a little more). Downside, sleeves and body length were longer than the Edge 2.0

Overall material felt more like a Reebok premier to me. I do not own any WCoH authentics to compare.

Fight strap as mentioned in other posts isn't great. Both white and black jerseys appear to have the same strap: white strap sewn on to white twill.

Customization is again comparable to Reebok premier. I would buy blank and send out more for accurate, mainly for higher quality materials.

Didn't look at the crest too closely. 44 was just on the front of the rack which is why it was in my picture.

Thanks, appreciated.  I think I'll have to see these in person before buying.  And if I am being nitpicky, the "C" on the name bar looks all messed up like they let a kid cut it out with scissors.  Rounded corners...cheaper material maybe?  I guess I'll hold out but you're probably right - probably better off buying a blank and sending it out.  Of course all of that will en up costing about $280 which I guess isn't too out of control.

2 hours ago, Nathan said:

Not too long ago we have two different types of CCM replica: airknit and that really cheap ultrafil that was marginally thicker than a t-shirt.  That includes the wrong material compared to what the team on the ice was wearing.

Not too long ago we had Starter producing off-color "fashion jerseys" for most of the teams in the league.  Remember the St. Louis Blues wearing black or Detroit wearing powder blue?

Not too long ago we had Starter and Pro Player producing replicas for teams that they did not outfit on the ice, putting them into direct competition with replicas of those same teams produced by their actual on-ice supplier.

I don't remember anyone claiming fraud or willful deception in those cases.

Don't forget they have been selling Maple Leafs jerseys with NHL shields on them even though they haven't been a NHL team for a long time now.

1 hour ago, guam64 said:

Don't forget they have been selling Maple Leafs jerseys with NHL shields on them even though they haven't been a NHL team for a long time now.

:D

You can count me amongst those who will be waiting for Canadian authentics to be made available. Otherwise I'll just get a game issued or two after the season is over. The league and adidas can p!ss off with their "authentic" jerseys...

Edited by vadarx

Speaking with an islander rep i know he says the players jerseys will not have sewn name and numbers they will be pressed. 

6 hours ago, vadarx said:

You can count me amongst those who will be waiting for Canadian authentics to be made available. Otherwise I'll just get a game issued or two after the season is over. The league and adidas can p!ss off with their "authentic" jerseys...

You are going to be so jealous when I'm looking pretty in my new Hawks blouse, I mean jersey. 

IMG_0575.JPG

Edited by Committed

Went down to RealSports to check out the leafs "authentics." 

Definitely slimmer fitting and longer through the body and arms.   The honour pride and courage are heat pressed, not sublimated. Based on experience, the letters will likely start peeling after some laundering. I like the chrome NHL shield. 

The material definitely feels Premier like. I'd have to have both in hand but this feels a bit less snag and pull prone. 

The reduced size crest on the smaller sizes was very noticeable. Maybe scaled down too much.

Quality was hit or miss. Noticed some off centre NHL shields, crooked Adidas logos. 

55 minutes ago, Committed said:

You are going to be so jealous when I'm looking pretty in my new Hawks blouse, I mean jersey. 

Daddy Warbucks would be so proud.

Not many of you follow the NAHL but the Minnesota Magicians will be sporting a new jersey this year. Not sure about the dual colors on the front, still a phenomenal logo though:

Will Adidas sell these 180$ authentic jerseys at adidas.com and adidas.ca like they did with the World Cup jerseys and merchandise last year? 

If Adidas will put them up for sale also on their own website, that would be great, beceause on adidas.com you can leave detailed reviews etc. It could be fun way for people that want Canada made jerseys to voice complaints :-)

Edited by Lightbringer

10 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Not many of you follow the NAHL but the Minnesota Magicians will be sporting a new jersey this year. Not sure about the dual colors on the front, still a phenomenal logo though:

Looks like K1 is mimicking the Adidas template there. Or maybe the 2016 Stadium Series.

I wonder what the pattern is in the black. Tiny magicians?

2 hours ago, hatryk said:

Speaking with an islander rep i know he says the players jerseys will not have sewn name and numbers they will be pressed. 

thank god noone wants islander jerseys then!

;)

13 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

thank god noone wants islander jerseys then!

;)

Not even the players. 

took this from the Oilers Twitter.  Looks cheap - printed vinyl numbers?

DJid29oUEAEDfrb.jpg:large

Looks like sublimated twill with perforations. It would make the jersey FRACTIONALLY lighter on its own. 

The Adizero jerseys run small. I wear a 54 Edge 2.0 and bought a 56 Adizero. The image below shows the 56 Adizero on top of a 54 Edge. Similar body dimensions but the Adizero sleeves are slimmer and about 1" longer.

7rkVTUk.jpg

I usually wear 56s, and decided to do the 54 AdiZero. But 56s are probably too big for me :rolleyes:

20 minutes ago, hatryk said:

Thanks for the pics.

Thats way too small. They ruined the sizes 42, 44 and 46 by doing that. 

Any chance they correct that in year or two or are they just incredible stupid?