CJ Matthews

2017-2018 Jersey Watch

879 posts in this topic

Went to the Hawks store downtown tonight. I was pretty disappointed with the quality of the materials of the body and the crest. 

As others have pointed out already, the materials are very similar to the Reebok premiers. The fight strap appears to be shorter and is made of inferior quality. 

The same mistake was made again with the crest being too tight and and appears to be smashed to the jersey. The 2.0, 1.0 and previous jersey crests are all much...fluffier? Makes such a difference in my opinion when the crest is the most beautiful part of the sweater. 

Unless they come out with an updated version or they make some changes, I will not be buying the Adizero-Indo. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Committed said:

The same mistake was made again with the crest being too tight and and appears to be smashed to the jersey. The 2.0, 1.0 and previous jersey crests are all much...fluffier? Makes such a difference in my opinion when the crest is the most beautiful part of the sweater. 

Unless they come out with an updated version or they make some changes, I will not be buying the Adizero-Indo. 

Fluffier? I'm gonna guess they're not chain stitched? I could see calling chain stitching fluffy...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They better be chain stitched .. I'm not buying one anyways but seriously must be chain stitched.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, furiousd said:

Fluffier? I'm gonna guess they're not chain stitched? I could see calling chain stitching fluffy...

I'd guess on-ice would be chain stitched. Anything else, who knows. Another reason to secure some Hawks Ultrafil or Reebok authentics. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are chain-stitched but the loop on the pattern is so tightly sewn that the feathers look pressed down. I will pop in later today and take pics. 

Perhaps the process to make the crests for retail is not done by hand anymore?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw the leafs ones today at Real Sports

Just like others have said, premiers with fight straps. Quality is terrible. 

Will not be buying any indozeros. 

The apparel is actually quite nice looking though. Hoodies and speedwicks are good quality just really expensive. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2017 at 8:51 AM, Committed said:

You are going to be so jealous when I'm looking pretty in my new Hawks blouse, I mean jersey. 

IMG_0575.JPG

😂

Nah, I think I'll be ok. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Committed said:

They are chain-stitched but the loop on the pattern is so tightly sewn that the feathers look pressed down. I will pop in later today and take pics. 

Perhaps the process to make the crests for retail is not done by hand anymore?

In other words, they are using the machine made crest and tomahawks that they used on the indo-edges and not the hand made ones they use on the authentics. Sounds about right. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2017 at 5:51 PM, Committed said:

You are going to be so jealous when I'm looking pretty in my new Hawks blouse, I mean jersey. 

IMG_0575.JPG

Very very nice, is it made in north america? if so, i will wear the sh!t out of it

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2017 at 10:51 AM, Committed said:

You are going to be so jealous when I'm looking pretty in my new Hawks blouse, I mean jersey. 

IMG_0575.JPG

I want a game worn in size 58.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

I want a game worn in size 58.

Game worn, you mean like Monica's dress?

;)

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know of another option besides arena wear or EPS for a Rangers indo-zero 

this was the reply from arena wear 

The cost of NYR home & away lettering is $85.00 plus tax and shipping. We do not use Adidas nameplates we use a matching plate. 

 Due to the start of the NHL season and the new jerseys we are not accepting any new orders for at least 4 to 6 weeks, Please contact us at that time to see if we can fit you into the shop.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

Game worn, you mean like Monica's dress?

;)

 

thats-gross-i-love-it-parks.gif?w=760

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jflan41 said:

The cost of NYR home & away lettering is $85.00 plus tax and shipping. We do not use Adidas nameplates we use a matching plate. 

I wonder what they mean. they do the on-ice jerseys, correct? Are they saying they don't use Adidas material for collectors, or they don't use it at all? Could they not be using the same material for plates on the game jerseys??

I assume by "matching" they only mean color. 

My best guess would be, in time, they'll all have the material. You may have to wait or suffer the inaccuracy.

Given that its an Indo anyway, accuracy may not be as great a concern for some. 

Edited by mfitz804
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tomtucker said:

Game worn, you mean like Monica's dress?

;)

 

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I swear, those stains are just salt, from sweat!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was posted by someone over in the Devils HFboards.  Top is the Adidas "Indo-Zero" and the bottom is the new Fanatics replica.  Looks like they will have different collars.

DKCAQA0VAAAKRI0.jpg

DKCAQAzVwAA7_Cb.jpg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fanatics collar looks more like the Edge collar. I think I like the Indo better.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hatryk said:

Anyone order a rangers preseason?  Would love to know differences in Canadian edge 

I ordered a white preseason. Screw this crap that Adidas and Fanatics are trying to sell us.

if you want on ice customization for the Rangers send it to Arena Wear. They do the on ice jerseys and their turnaround is usually less than 2 weeks.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

thats-gross-i-love-it-parks.gif?w=760

Yes !

 Aubrey would definitely enjoy getting her dress stained.   

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lhg39 said:

I ordered a white preseason. Screw this crap that Adidas and Fanatics are trying to sell us.

if you want on ice customization for the Rangers send it to Arena Wear. They do the on ice jerseys and their turnaround is usually less than 2 weeks.

I was lucky enough to get mine to them before they started working on the Adidas jerseys. It was done a week to the day after they received it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now