CJ Matthews

2017-2018 Jersey Watch

879 posts in this topic

Life was so much easier when CCM sold the Semi-Pro 550 jerseys and Authentic 6100 jerseys.

I would say that the old CCM semi-pro are probably better quality then the "Authentic" Adizero jerseys now.

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Is that what they put on the on-ice jerseys or that's just what they do because they can?

What other kinds of restrictive authentic jersey customization policies?

The twill nameplates are what they use for the current home/away Flyers GW jerseys. I don't know why, other than maybe it's just easier. Not necessarily a bad thing, but a twill nameplate just feels yucky, IMO.

The restrictive authentic policies were touched on in the Flyers GW group, but I'll add it here for more visibility. You cannot send a jersey into Philly Express directly. They will not deal with anyone without a corporate account. The easiest way around this is to physically take your jersey into one of the Flyers Gear Zone stores that are inside of their Skate Zone facilities. It sounds like they will also take jerseys from the Wells Fargo team store too. Anyway, upside is that you save on shipping charges this way. Downside is that you need to be local. I do not know if this will be true for the Devils jerseys, but I can't see it being different. I do not know if you can ship jerseys to/from a Gear Zone.

Also, PX had been refusing to sew the Ed Snider patches to authentic/premier jerseys. So, it may be a one-time thing, but no telling what they may refuse to do in the future.  

All-in-all, not too terrible, but just more of an FYI for us collectors.

http://gearzone.flyersskatezone.com/

Oh, and there was talk of PX not selling loose kits for jerseys, either. 

48 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Life was so much easier when CCM sold the Semi-Pro 550 jerseys and Authentic 6100 jerseys.

I would say that the old CCM semi-pro are probably better quality then the "Authentic" Adizero jerseys now.

You are definitely right on the first part, and not having seen an Adidas jersey yet, I would say its more likely than not that you are right on the second part as well. 

Noticed last night the Leafs were not wearing the 100th anniversary patches on their road white jerseys.  Every other team I've seen so far has had them. 

They will be wearing the home blues tonight so lets see if these don't have it either.

18 hours ago, lhg39 said:

I ordered a white preseason. Screw this crap that Adidas and Fanatics are trying to sell us.

if you want on ice customization for the Rangers send it to Arena Wear. They do the on ice jerseys and their turnaround is usually less than 2 weeks.

I heard arena wear doesn't have the right plates. 

Nevermind. I kept reading. 

Edited by hatryk

39 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

The twill nameplates are what they use for the current home/away Flyers GW jerseys. I don't know why, other than maybe it's just easier. Not necessarily a bad thing, but a twill nameplate just feels yucky, IMO.

The restrictive authentic policies were touched on in the Flyers GW group, but I'll add it here for more visibility. You cannot send a jersey into Philly Express directly. They will not deal with anyone without a corporate account. The easiest way around this is to physically take your jersey into one of the Flyers Gear Zone stores that are inside of their Skate Zone facilities. It sounds like they will also take jerseys from the Wells Fargo team store too. Anyway, upside is that you save on shipping charges this way. Downside is that you need to be local. I do not know if this will be true for the Devils jerseys, but I can't see it being different. I do not know if you can ship jerseys to/from a Gear Zone.

Also, PX had been refusing to sew the Ed Snider patches to authentic/premier jerseys. So, it may be a one-time thing, but no telling what they may refuse to do in the future.  

I ship to the Gear Zone all the time from Buffalo, NY so I can definitely confirm that they take mail-in orders. Can also confirm the Snider patch thing.

39 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Noticed last night the Leafs were not wearing the 100th anniversary patches on their road white jerseys.  Every other team I've seen so far has had them. 

They will be wearing the home blues tonight so lets see if these don't have it either.

Rangers aren't wearing the 100 patches either for preseason.

12 hours ago, CJ Matthews said:

Starting a few years ago I believe, they had to switch the nameplates on the jerseys for the team to a non Edge plate because Reebok did not supply them with material fast enough. This lead to them not using Edge plates for customers either (which would be accurate I guess, depending on the player and year you were aiming for). After that, when they started getting Edge material back in, they found they weren't getting enough for both the team and customers so they started to keep it just for the players jerseys. That's what happens when Steiner sells six million sets of jerseys every season I guess. It would not surprise me if they don't have Adidas material yet for the teams jerseys, and it wouldn't surprise me even further that if they ever do get it in, that they save it for the team exclusively because of the slow and short supply.

I have many Rangers jerseys from the past several years including game worn, authentic customized by Arena Wear and authentic customized by Cool Hockey. I honestly cannot tell the difference in the nameplate material between the jerseys. You have to have really good eyes and be extremely anal tomhave an issue with this.  

22 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

I ship to the Gear Zone all the time from Buffalo, NY so I can definitely confirm that they take mail-in orders. Can also confirm the Snider patch thing.

Good to know!

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Thanks for the info!

Any reason why they wouldn't sew on the Snider patches?  Was it just because they didn't feel like it or they offered some other explanation (if at all)?  Are they willing to do the NHL 100 patches?

24 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Thanks for the info!

Any reason why they wouldn't sew on the Snider patches?  Was it just because they didn't feel like it or they offered some other explanation (if at all)?  Are they willing to do the NHL 100 patches?

The Organization didn't want to be seen as "making money" off of Mr. Snider's death. They'll do all other patches, just make sure you specify if you want it sewn on or not. I believe they just heatpressed the Flyers 50th's last year for most send ins. 

Edited by Hollywood Cannon

9 minutes ago, Hollywood Cannon said:

The Organization didn't want to be seen as "making money" off of Mr. Snider's death.

Heaven forbid they just sew them on for free.  That's 30 seconds!  Gone!

1 hour ago, Hollywood Cannon said:

The Organization didn't want to be seen as "making money" off of Mr. Snider's death. They'll do all other patches, just make sure you specify if you want it sewn on or not. I believe they just heatpressed the Flyers 50th's last year for most send ins. 

I can kind of see their view on that.

A bit different than dealing with EPS where I have to be even more specific of what I want lol.  I am used to basically saying "please customize x jersey with y player to on-ice specs" and then wait 12+ weeks for it to come back.

4 hours ago, Hollywood Cannon said:

The Organization didn't want to be seen as "making money" off of Mr. Snider's death.

Making money off a corpse won't even crack the top ten for the worst things Comcast have been seen doing.

This is a true statement. My company is currently doing the flooring on their new tower going up in Center City and I've heard some stories. Like super scumbaggy even for Philadelphia stories.

Shhh. Everything from Philadelphia is awesome. AWESOME!

Buncha jabronies in this thread, I tell ya. 

10 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Buncha jabronies in this forum, I tell ya. 

Fixed. 

12 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Buncha jabronies in this thread, I tell ya. 

Nice one, Mac. 

From the "This Ship Has Sailed" department:  I have a blank Rangers Edge 2.0 that I've been waiting to customize because I couldn't make up my mind who I want to put on it.  Now that the window for these has closed, I want to look at the rosters for the years the jerseys were worn and pick somebody.  I can't seem to confirm what season the Rangers started wearing the 2.0.  Does anyone know?

The Rangers used 2.0's since the first season of the Edge (2007/08).  So you can basically pick just about anyone you want who played since then, keeping within the time range of the Reebok logo on your jersey- if it's a vector logo, then it's 2007-11, and if it's the wordmark logo, 2011-17.

So the wordmark logo started with the 2011/12 season?

Yup.

Thanks!