CJ Matthews

2017-2018 Jersey Watch

1,049 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

Just following up here, it seems pretty obvious to me that Arena Wear does not have matching nameplate material for the new jerseys yet. Also looks like the 2nd E in Pavelec is at a bad angle too. I know they're preseason jerseys and they don't even sew things on with these, but yeah, not thrilled.

If that is how they are wearing it, it is “on ice spec”

5 minutes ago, lhg39 said:

If that is how they are wearing it, it is “on ice spec”

It's also entirely possible they're saving the good nameplates for regular season jerseys.

1 hour ago, joe2heatley said:

Do we know if EPS can customize these Adidas jerseys?

I asked if they were doing them and if they have the material, the repl6 was “no problem”. I don’t know what that means. 

11 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

It's also entirely possible they're saving the good nameplates for regular season jerseys.

It didn’t look to me like the Devils had matching plates on their white jerseys the other night. 

To everybody that has seen the jerseys for sale in real life stores. 

Have you seen any size 42 there?

Or is it only available for order online?

Size 42 sells quickly since they only take in very few pieces of it.

And it would not suprise me if they do not re-stock until next season. 

The Florida Panthers indo-edge sold out in size 46 in october last year, and it was not re-stocked for the whole season. 

Edited by Lightbringer

How are people contacting teams to get preseason jerseys? I'd like to try and get a Hawks jersey. 

Adidas is selling the indo-zero with a 20% off code already (USR2017). Ordered one to see how it compares to the Canada made WCOH jersey. Still can't stand the new collars and really don't like the overall style of adizero compared to edge 

Edited by mdwsta4

3 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Adidas is selling the info-zero with a 20% off code already. Ordered one to see how it compares to the Canada made WCOH jersey. Still can't stand the new collars and really don't like the overall style of adizero compared to edge 

Where do you get a 20% discount?

19 minutes ago, Lightbringer said:

You get a 100% discount if you hold off until Addidas $hits the bed like Reebok did and wait for the on-ice jerseys to come around. 

39 minutes ago, Lightbringer said:

Updated the post with the code. Still hope someon can get me some info on ordering preseason GW jerseys...

20 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

You get a 100% discount if you hold off until Addidas $hits the bed like Reebok did and wait for the on-ice jerseys to come around. 

I doubt I can ever get a size 42 CANADA MADE jersey? :-)

I want a size 42 to wear and then wait for Made in canada to collect.

Edited by Lightbringer

1 hour ago, thebiggoalie said:

??

7 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

That's an alternate version of history there.

Reebok made both the premier replicas and the on-ice Edge authentics available for retail from the very beginning (2007-08).  The pricing was insane, especially on the latter, but it was available.

A handful of players on certain teams complained during the preseason that sweat was wicking away from their gear, running down the sleeves, and pooling in their gloves.  Different things were tried, nothing worked, so Reebok made airknit versions of the Edge available exclusively for the teams.  Around the time that this happened, Barry Meisel referred to the two different versions by what they'd become known as: the original as Edge 1.0, and the airknit version as Edge 2.0.

There was also a couple of fights that took place, one of which I remember involving Jarome Iginla, in which the fight strap tore completely away from the rest of the jersey.  This is what prompted the additional twill block to be added to the strap attachments.

Anyway, Reebok allowed retail sales of the 1.0s all the way through the 2010-11 season.  At that point, they said that they'd be discontinuing the 1.0 and allowing purchases of the 2.0 for retail in time for the 2011-12 season.  What everyone who ordered them received instead was an Indonesian version of the 2.0, with the same cost and price point as the 1.0s had been.  This was what became known as the Indo-Edge.  I'd know; I'm the one who coined it, and it was right here on these boards.

Despite the backlash from pretty much everyone, Reebok never backed down from the Indo.  For six full season (2011-12 through 2016-17), the only "authentic" that could be purchased was the Indo, and at no point did they make the 2.0 available to conventional retailers.  Instead, what they ended up doing was simply accumulating enormous amounts of dead stock that they couldn't foist onto the teams; these were eventually dumped all over the place.  They'd already done that with the buildup of 1.0s, where SVP Sports in Canada ended up getting tens of thousands of blank 1.0s of all teams and then sold them for $50-60 each.

You can see the original thread here, beginning November 2010.  Information on the Indo begins around page 7 or 8. 

Edited by Nathan

6 hours ago, Nathan said:

That's an alternate version of history there.

Reebok made both the premier replicas and the on-ice Edge authentics available for retail from the very beginning (2007-08).  The pricing was insane, especially on the latter, but it was available.

A handful of players on certain teams complained during the preseason that sweat was wicking away from their gear, running down the sleeves, and pooling in their gloves.  Different things were tried, nothing worked, so Reebok made airknit versions of the Edge available exclusively for the teams.  Around the time that this happened, Barry Meisel referred to the two different versions by what they'd become known as: the original as Edge 1.0, and the airknit version as Edge 2.0.

There was also a couple of fights that took place, one of which I remember involving Jarome Iginla, in which the fight strap tore completely away from the rest of the jersey.  This is what prompted the additional twill block to be added to the strap attachments.

Anyway, Reebok allowed retail sales of the 1.0s all the way through the 2010-11 season.  At that point, they said that they'd be discontinuing the 1.0 and allowing purchases of the 2.0 for retail in time for the 2011-12 season.  What everyone who ordered them received instead was an Indonesian version of the 2.0, with the same cost and price point as the 1.0s had been.  This was what became known as the Indo-Edge.  I'd know; I'm the one who coined it, and it was right here on these boards.

Despite the backlash from pretty much everyone, Reebok never backed down from the Indo.  For six full season (2011-12 through 2016-17), the only "authentic" that could be purchased was the Indo, and at no point did they make the 2.0 available to conventional retailers.  Instead, what they ended up doing was simply accumulating enormous amounts of dead stock that they couldn't foist onto the teams; these were eventually dumped all over the place.  They'd already done that with the buildup of 1.0s, where SVP Sports in Canada ended up getting tens of thousands of blank 1.0s of all teams and then sold them for $50-60 each.

You can see the original thread here, beginning November 2010.  Information on the Indo begins around page 7 or 8. 

Yeah

8 hours ago, hatryk said:

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I like the hoody replica jersey 

Same. For what it is, I think its solid. Was considering one on IJ.

FWIW the Devils Den at the arena for years were selling both Edge 1.0's and Indo-Edges.  I think the 1.0's were leftovers but I always found it amusing that on the same rack labeled "authentics" would be both Indo's and 1.0's mixed in.

Are these babes holding a Team Issued Canada Made Vegas jersey? It seems to have the same tag on the sleeve as the team issued Reebok 2.0 and World Cup Authentics.

52ffda609448083.jpg 

Edited by Lightbringer

Yes, it appears they are, a goalie cut based on those sleeves.  Retail jerseys weren't out yet when this pic was taken.

That chick on the left is a man, right?

2 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

That chick on the left is a man, right?

Thank god someone had the balls (lol) to say it.