Flames shoulder patches

Penguins71

I just got an old edge 1.0 flames away blank, my first reebok edge. I know it is a real jersey, but has anyone else ever noticed the shoulder patches on the flames authentics not being as glossy as on the premiers? I have a red flames premier from around the same time (09) and the shoulder patches on my premier seemed to be thinner and more glossy? Maybe the edge being brand new unworn with the tags still on it has something to do with it.

Idk my premier is off getting customized so i dont have it on hand, and i am at work right now so i cant take good pics of my edge atm. My edge is definitely real...passes all of the tests in the real vs fake edge guides...

The patches on your authentic are not supposed to be glossy- they are embroidered, just like the ones on the gameworn jerseys.  The Premier patches are an imitation of the originals, with a design printed over a plastic-like surface, which is why they are glossy.  The cheap patches on the Premiers are actually one big reason why most of us dislike the Reebok replicas.  If I were you I'd be happy with the embroidered ones!  :)

Oh awesome!

Yeah i was excited about it..i posted pics on the flames reddit and people were like the shoulder patches are awful/said the jersey was fake.

I know it isnt fake but i wanted to check here as this seems like the most "elite" jersey discussion site.

22 minutes ago, galvinwong said:

The premier patches can fade over time too with laundering. Once you feel the difference with the edge jersey you'll never want to go the premier route again!

This is true. I now want to offload some Premiers on local classifieds that are not of any sentimental value to me.