L.A. Kings throwback confusion

The Purple Penguin

The crest and shoulder patches are not stitched down (which is the way they come from the factory).  The LOS ANGELES letters on the front hem may be stitched down, but I just can't tell for sure from the pictures.

Don't let the fact that the crest/patches aren't sewn down stop you from getting the jersey, because all the CCM's and Kohos are that way.  And as I mentioned before, you can always get that done by someone.

Edited by LAK74

Personally, I would hold out for a CCM/Koho authentic.  The quality of the Canadian-made jerseys is really good.  The older styles come along now and again on eBay.  Alternatively, you can try posting here or in one of the Facebook groups.  Someone may have a blank or a one with a player you are interested in.

26 minutes ago, The Purple Penguin said:

Problem with having someone stitch everything on is that the jersey isn't all that cheap to begin with, especially for a replica. How much would i have to pay on top of that now?

I hadn't even looked at the price.  Even if the jersey is indeed mint, the current reduced price is not cheap by any means.  I was able to get a new Koho authentic of that model for the same price a couple of years ago.

Don't quote me on the stitching job (I'm lucky that I don't have to pay for my stitch jobs), but if it's just a zigzag stitch around the crest and shoulder patches, I wouldn't think most people would charge over $10.  It's looking more and more like the hem letters are already stitched, so hopefully you wouldn't have to worry about those.

They should be the same, but the CCM was probably made a few years later and in a different factory, so I can't say with 100% certainty that they are identical, but from what I have seen, I can't say there is any significant difference.

Are 46/48's rare?...I don't see them pop up often (unless I'm just not seeing them) and the last 48 I saw went over $210 on eBay.

6 minutes ago, The Purple Penguin said:

Nice! Where did you find them?

Pretty much anything can be found on eBay.  Maybe not right now, but if you keep looking, sometimes for months or in some cases even years, you'll eventually find it.  I just found something this week that I've been looking for for over 4 years!  (Don't worry, a reasonably-priced authentic of the type you're looking for probably will turn up within a few months, or maybe even less.)

5 minutes ago, Kingofkings said:

It'll pop up in your size right after you pay all your bills LOL

i WISH things would wait until AFTER I have paid my bills to pop up!!! For me its always right after I buy something(s) else. 

25 minutes ago, Kingofkings said:

It'll pop up in your size right after you pay all your bills LOL

No kidding.  If you want to find one, just go spend the money on something else. 

Seriously though.  If you're willing to spend 100-ish on a replica, I would recommend holding out for an authentic.  Get a good ebay search set up, and check it regularly.  I just did a quick search of completed items, and they don't seem to be too rare.