EPS the best/only place for WCOH customization?

mdwsta4

I didn't necessarily like the WCOH jerseys and promptly sold my USA jersey after I got it, but thought about picking another up for posterity. Is EPS the place to send it out for customization to get accurate perforations? 

image_5.jpeg

Keener did my Team Canada jersey if you're comfortable with shipping outside of the USA. 

7 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Does the Burns have perforated numbers and air knit nameplate? I think that's what I see.

You got it. 

Both EPS and Keener seem to be able to accurately reproduce the shapes of the letters and numbers in the WCOH fonts.  However, both customizers have slightly different hole patterns (whether sublimated dots or perforations) in the numbers compared to those of the gamers.  Neither customizer has an exact pattern, but overall I'd say EPS has a slight edge in accuracy, at least for the jerseys I checked (Teams Canada and USA).  The following table shows the number of rows of perforations in the sleeve numbers and back numbers of the gamers, compared to EPS' and Keener's versions.  The first number in each pair of numbers refers to the number of parallel horizontal rows of perforations in a horizontally-oriented number segment like the horizontal bars of a 3 or 8.  The second number in the pair is the number of vertically-oriented rows of perforations in a vertical bar like a 1, or the spine of a 6.  These numbers are only accurate as far as I can tell, based on photos I've seen of their work, and jerseys I own.

Blue USA:

Sleeve-  gamer 5/5,  EPS 4/5,  Keener (sublimated?) 5/5
Back-  gamer 13/13,  EPS 14/14,  Keener (sublimated?) 15/17

White USA:

Sleeve-  gamer 3/3,  EPS 2/2
Back-  gamer 11/11,  EPS 11/11

Canada:

Sleeve-  gamer 5/6,  EPS 5/6,  Keener (sublimated or perforated) 4/5
Back-  gamer 11/15,  EPS 12/15,  Keener (sublimated) 10/16,  (perforated) 7/13

21 hours ago, LAK74 said:

However, both customizers have slightly different hole patterns

40 years and I thought we all had the same ones. Mind blown.

?

Edited by mfitz804

21 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Both EPS and Keener seem to be able to accurately reproduce the shapes of the letters and numbers in the WCOH fonts. 

Thank you for this! Do they do correct nameplate material too? Not sure what material gamers had

Gamer nameplates had the same "airknit" as on the back panel.  EPS's nameplate material resembled this, but it wasn't exact.  

I figure if you wait a little longer to customize your WCOH jersey, once the new NHL game jerseys are released, this new airknit should be readily available to EPS (or any major customizer, for that matter) for nameplate material.

• 1 month later...

Was getting ready to send my WCOH jersey in to EPS for customization. Man, they want $85 plus sewing on the shoulder patch, assistant captain letter, and shipping!? That seems awfully high. Is that due to the perforated numbers or what? I thought they used to be $60-65 for customization. 

16 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Was getting ready to send my WCOH jersey in to EPS for customization. Man, they want $85 plus sewing on the shoulder patch, assistant captain letter, and shipping!? That seems awfully high. Is that due to the perforated numbers or what? I thought they used to be $60-65 for customization. 

Yup, "specialty" customization jobs are $85, patches you provide for them to sew are $6.50. The perforations make it special. Sponsor patch is $6.50 to sew on, but they don't charge extra for an "A" in my experience. 

I think they have to laser-cut the holes on all of the numbers.  But that IS the price we had to pay for those jobs.  However, I've never been charged additional for a stitching a captain's letter.  

I've been quoted that price for other stuff also, if its not a standard type job. The Manitoba Moose with the numbers that have antlers comes to mind. 

I just paid for mine at $85 + $12 shipping usd.  $97 usd worked out to roughly $125 cdn. 

That was more then the jersey cost me.  Stupid exchange rate.

12 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

$65 is middle-of-the-road for them. That's the rate they'll charge for simple two-layer block numbers like the Devils. Go to three layers or a more complex number shape, a la the Wild Wing or Burger King jerseys, and the price goes up. 

$6.50 is their flat rate for sewing on a single patch.