JunkyardAthletic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, scarchelli said:

Got it.  $200 for a blank authentic isn't bad, if that's the case.

I'll be happy as will my wallet. 

So I stopped by the Blues team store today and to my surprise they had the new Adidas jerseys on display. These were made in Canada. 

Unfortunately I couldn't try one on but, after a brief inspection, the construction of the jersey seem similar to the EDGE. The only thing that seemed weird to me was the shoulders - not just the material but the assembly itself. I'm not a clothing designer but it's like there's an extra panel of material on the shoulder yoke for some reason? Looking at release photos of other teams, this seems to be a standard part of the ADIZERO template.

vyl30y.jpg

When the NHL released photos and descriptions of the ADIZERO jerseys, I was scared the new material would be snag prone like EDGE 1.0s. After seeing and feeling it in person, the new material seems like it should hold up well to abuse. Junkyard's description of it in the original post was perfect. It basically feels like air-knit without holes. 

Personally, I'm indifferent about the new collar design but not a fan of the new NHL shield. It's a bit too flashy in my opinion. 

330sklx.jpg

Only the home blue jersey was customized. What I found interesting was it had sublimated numbers with perforated holes just like the World Cup jerseys. I had a brief conversation with the salesclerk and was told this type of customization is something Adidas is trying to market to teams so this was done as a prototype. Apparently the Blues aren't the biggest fans of it. I'm not sure if they will continue to use Liebe but it will be interesting to see how the gamers are customized when the upcoming season begins. 

2sbu69x.jpg

Edited by FrontYardSpecial

image_6.jpeg

The new Jets jerseys were on display at their draft party last night.

The fellow who runs their game used gear was on hand at the event. Sadly, he also confirmed these Canadian models won't be available to the public.

The jerseys on display also had the same twill lettering and two-layer numbers used in the past seasons since 2011-12.  Apparently those are remaining the same even with the change to Adidas.  

Only the nameplate material was clearly "off" since Adidas nameplates aren't readily available yet.

Edited by MaroonsRoad

13 minutes ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

Front Yard -- the Blues jerseys were just on display at the team store? Or were they taking orders for that style yet? 

Both. The jerseys were displayed on mannequins in the middle of the store. They are also taking preorders for Adidas "authentics" that are expected to arrive in mid-September. Not sure about country of manufacture but when I asked the salesclerk if they were the same as what was on the mannequine, he said "yes."

2 hours ago, FrontYardSpecial said:

They are also taking preorders for Adidas "authentics" that are expected to arrive in mid-September. Not sure about country of manufacture but when I asked the salesclerk if they were the same as what was on the mannequine, he said "yes."

If it turns out I am wrong, I'll eat my words, but this really annoys me about these different levels of "authentic" jersey created first by Reebok, and now by Adidas.  Salespeople are not educated enough about the differences, and although unwittingly, provide misleading information to customers.  I'm willing to bet that those pre-ordered "authentics" that arrive in September will NOT be the same as the on-ice jerseys on the display mannequins. 

4 hours ago, LAK74 said:

If it turns out I am wrong, I'll eat my words, but this really annoys me about these different levels of "authentic" jersey created first by Reebok, and now by Adidas.  Salespeople are not educated enough about the differences, and although unwittingly, provide misleading information to customers.  I'm willing to bet that those pre-ordered "authentics" that arrive in September will NOT be the same as the on-ice jerseys on the display mannequins. 

I'll guarantee it.  It's the indo-edge fiasco all over again.  

8 minutes ago, FrontYardSpecial said:

I decided to bite the bullet and preorder one so we'll see what shows up come mid-September. My gut says it will be made in Indonesia. 

what did you order an authentic style ? (or at least there authentic ) 

10 minutes ago, FrontYardSpecial said:

I decided to bite the bullet and preorder one so we'll see what shows up come mid-September. My gut says it will be made in Indonesia. 

And when it is please throw it back in their face an tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine.

Cool Hockey posted on Reddit about this:

To try and debunk some misinformation on here lately. We reached out to Adidas in regards to the on-ice (Made in Canada) Authentic jersey. They are only available to Equipment Managers and no one else. There was never any option to buy for any retailers (including official team stores).

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockeyjerseys/comments/6j6i4z/got_to_try_on_the_new_adidas_jerseys_at_the_draft/djcd1hq/

I can't blame them from a business perspective since collectors who collected the Canadian-made authentics made up a small part of their customer base but still, f*ck you anyways Adidas.

9 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

And when it is please throw it back in their face an tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine.

This. And have someone video it while you do it and post it here so we can all enjoy it.

Edited by vadarx

I was at the draft and got some photos of the jerseys. Confirmed looking at the collars these are the on-ice made in Canada ones. Sucks we can't get them at retail, but maybe it will be just for a year that's the case. One big change I noticed is a number of shoulder patches are mostly sublimated then stitched around the outside. In the photo below you can see this for Tampa, Sharks and Capitals. Also noticed a lot of previously two-layered twill numbers are now just single layer-sublimated (like Nashville previously). The gold outline on the Vegas numbers is a very abrasive material, not like anything I've seen elsewhere. Anyways, a couple shots below.  

35382326821_e9b4522fe8_c.jpg

35382326791_8bf3df001a_z.jpg

34703431543_76e240b3c5_c.jpg

35126843680_e5f788940a_z.jpg

7 minutes ago, TheBZ said:

I was at the draft and got some photos of the jerseys. Confirmed looking at the collars these are the on-ice made in Canada ones. Sucks we can't get them at retail, but maybe it will be just for a year that's the case. One big change I noticed is a number of shoulder patches are mostly sublimated then stitched around the outside. In the photo below you can see this for Tampa, Sharks and Capitals. Also noticed a lot of previously two-layered twill numbers are now just single layer-sublimated (like Nashville previously). The gold outline on the Vegas numbers is a very abrasive material, not like anything I've seen elsewhere. Anyways, a couple shots below.  

Looks similar to the gold material from the 2000-07 Sens alternate jersey.