Adidas NHL On Ice Jersey

JunkyardAthletic

10 minutes ago, guam64 said:

Looks similar to the gold material from the 2000-07 Sens alternate jersey.

And similar still to my daughter's dancing school recital costume. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Regarding the customization (i.e., sublimated twill), I'm going to reserve judgment until the actual gamers are released.  It's been said before, but I would imagine that teams who stick with their current customizers won't see many differences.  I just don't see Adidas dictating the customization styles/methods to the individual shops.  Am I way off base?

28 minutes ago, TheBZ said:

The gold outline on the Vegas numbers is a very abrasive material, not like anything I've seen elsewhere.

It looks like metallic gold twill, which is routinely used on Kings 50th Anniversary jerseys and Burger Kings, among others.

4 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Regarding the customization (i.e., sublimated twill), I'm going to reserve judgment until the actual gamers are released.  It's been said before, but I would imagine that teams who stick with their current customizers won't see many differences.  I just don't see Adidas dictating the customization styles/methods to the individual shops.  Am I way off base?

I had that thought as well, especially considering these were done just for the draft. Interestingly enough, I dropped by City Sports Lettering today and asked them if they'll be doing the on-ice lettering for the Hawks still, and they confirmed they will be. Sounds like Adidas did push them to go with their new style lettering (and I think new method for doing crests, as the guy mentioned the Hawks wanted to keep the chain stitching - which obviously doesn't apply to numbers). So at least for the Hawks, nothing should be changing. 

1 minute ago, LAK74 said:

It looks like metallic gold twill, which is routinely used on Kings 50th Anniversary jerseys and Burger Kings, among others.

Ah, that makes sense. I hadn't seen one in person.

33 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I don't think you're off base at all; from what I heard Adidas was not given free rein to make all-encompassing changes throughout the entire league, and so most teams will not see big changes in their customization styles.

Edited by LAK74

1 hour ago, TheBZ said:

I had that thought as well, especially considering these were done just for the draft. Interestingly enough, I dropped by City Sports Lettering today and asked them if they'll be doing the on-ice lettering for the Hawks still, and they confirmed they will be. Sounds like Adidas did push them to go with their new style lettering (and I think new method for doing crests, as the guy mentioned the Hawks wanted to keep the chain stitching - which obviously doesn't apply to numbers). So at least for the Hawks, nothing should be changing. 

Ah, that makes sense. I hadn't seen one in person.

I was wondering if the Hawks would keep the chain stitching, although I dislike them (for obvious reasons), I do like to see them keep chain stitching in the crest alive since it is so long lasting and unique to that team.

1 minute ago, LessThanZero said:

I was wondering if the Hawks would keep the chain stitching, although I dislike them (for obvious reasons), I do like to see them keep chain stitching in the crest alive since it is so long lasting and unique to that team.

I agree. Couple shots of them on display:

35346022982_d41215939c_c.jpg

35126855380_d6e7b7d536_c.jpg

4 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

Should of just pilfered them from the mannequin :P

Yup, whole outfit from the mannequin, just move a couple steps each time nobody is looking. 

4 hours ago, TheBZ said:

I was at the draft and got some photos of the jerseys. Confirmed looking at the collars these are the on-ice made in Canada ones. Sucks we can't get them at retail, but maybe it will be just for a year that's the case. One big change I noticed is a number of shoulder patches are mostly sublimated then stitched around the outside. In the photo below you can see this for Tampa, Sharks and Capitals. Also noticed a lot of previously two-layered twill numbers are now just single layer-sublimated (like Nashville previously). The gold outline on the Vegas numbers is a very abrasive material, not like anything I've seen elsewhere. Anyways, a couple shots below. 

In regards to the teams that have the sublimated shoulder patches, did they seem cheaply constructed? Or were they still pretty decent? Judging by the pictures the Ducks have shared of their jerseys it would appear they might be one of those teams so I'm definitely curious. 

Also, this may be a dumb question but even if we only get the equivalent of the Indo-edge, are we so sure the quality will be that much poorer? I understand the difference between the Edge 2.0 and Indo, but has anyone actually felt/seen the construction of any of the new indo jerseys? 

37 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Do these jersey have double elbows?  From the looks for the Hawks jersey, it doesn't look like they do.  That going to create a lot of repairs for the teams.

From looking at this picture, it would seem they do. 

Rx5LcZU.jpg

57 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup, whole outfit from the mannequin, just move a couple steps each time nobody is looking. 

Thought about it - put all the gear on and pretend I'm a walking display :lol:

30 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Do these jersey have double elbows?  From the looks for the Hawks jersey, it doesn't look like they do.  That going to create a lot of repairs for the teams.

If you look at the Preds jersey, looks like there's some stitching in the elbow that would suggest double elbows. I didn't notice until I just looked now.

4 minutes ago, Kincaid521 said:

In regards to the teams that have the sublimated shoulder patches, did they seem cheaply constructed? Or were they still pretty decent? Judging by the pictures the Ducks have shared of their jerseys it would appear they might be one of those teams so I'm definitely curious. 

Also, this may be a dumb question but even if we only get the equivalent of the Indo-edge, are we so sure the quality will be that much poorer? I understand the difference between the Edge 2.0 and Indo, but has anyone actually felt/seen the construction of any of the new indo jerseys? 

Um, maybe a little better than replicas, but maybe just because they're sewed down. Haven't seen the new Indos.

6 hours ago, jsh139 said:

That's cool.  Regarding the crests and the new materials, I would assume that these come pre-sewn from Adidas, no?

Correct

Who has enough photoshop skills to swap the center part of the collars? 

cut.jpg

cut.jpg

I wasn't a fan of the WCOH jerseys which were built exactly the same as the new NHL jerseys. The collars on most teams are horrible; even worse than the FlyKnit collars on Nike's NFL jerseys. If Canada made authentics are only $200 I'm sure I'll pick one up if nothing more than to put a 100th anniversary patch on it. Still can't believe I prefer the EDGE style to this...

10 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

If Canada made authentics are only $200 I'm sure I'll pick one up if nothing more than to put a 100th anniversary patch on it.

They won't be. 

Do I recall someone saying that the WCOH jerseys fit a little snugger than a comparatively sized Edge jersey?  Or did I make that up?

I believe that's been said before.  To me, it's mostly the sleeves which are not as baggy as those of the 2.0's.  I'm not sure how less wide the WCOH jerseys are (perhaps not at all), but the impression I got from wearing both was that the WCOH's fit less loosely than a 2.0 of the same number size.  I'm gonna have to lay one over a 2.0 to see if it's actually any narrower.

3 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Do I recall someone saying that the WCOH jerseys fit a little snugger than a comparatively sized Edge jersey?  Or did I make that up?

The WCOH jerseys are definitely more form fitting and not as baggy as a same size edge jersey. I went a size up on my WCOH jerseys because of this. 

On 6/24/2017 at 11:41 PM, LAK74 said:

If it turns out I am wrong, I'll eat my words, but this really annoys me about these different levels of "authentic" jersey created first by Reebok, and now by Adidas.  Salespeople are not educated enough about the differences, and although unwittingly, provide misleading information to customers.  I'm willing to bet that those pre-ordered "authentics" that arrive in September will NOT be the same as the on-ice jerseys on the display mannequins. 

I just spoke to my contact at the Canucks team store. And the price posted seem to reflect what I was told as well. The Canucks official team store has a promo of $200 for the "authentic" with name and number thrown into the price. Otherwise, the "authentics" are $200 for just the blank jersey. And appears to have the fight strap too. Time will tell whether this is still a premiere/authentic combo like jersey. The pictures he sent me was of the "on ice authentics" but whether that's what people are buying is another thing. Presales are until July 31. Or while quantities last. I believe I read that.

I might see it up close on Monday if I can make it out to the team store. Keep you posted with pictures of course.

Edited by jsanz
Left out some deets