JunkyardAthletic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Looks good.  I feel bad for him, though.  It was probably like 90 degrees outside when they were filming that :lol:

Good thing its Crazylight. 

6 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Looks good.  I feel bad for him, though.  It was probably like 90 degrees outside when they were filming that :lol:

I wore an ultrafil jersey to the NHL draft when it was in Newark in 2013.  Big mistake as it was in the mid to upper 80's and humid (even though it was a bit overcast that day).

• 1 month later...

Whaaaa! That's an official team issued and that crazy kid is eating burgers in it. Watch the sauce, FFS watch the sauce!!!

For the most part the new jerseys look OK but, I'm reserving judgement for now. Will be disappointed if it's not possible to purchase on-ice authentics, though I may go down the TI/GW route anyway if I decide I can and do want one.

Having said all of that why the f*&k can't a garment manufacturer make bespoke jerseys for each team? Why do they all have to have the same basic template. I'm talking about the underlying jersey not cosmetic variations in striping. I understand it may be cheaper...for Adidas, to do that but these are the best hockey players in the world. If anyone deserves to not have to wear a standard template it's them. I noticed the square cut sleeves on ALL jerseys. So if you have a design that has a shoulder yoke with rounded ends, bad luck they just stitch another semi circle into the top of the arm. Doesn't this create another seam and therefore potential break-down point. Wouldn't it make more sense to actually make it so properly, with a proper cut yoke piece rather than do a half Arse job to make it look like it was done properly even though it wasn't. I'm also disappointed that they can't make the sleeves on Philly jerseys properly either. Complete rubbish. I'm not even a Philly fan but their jerseys have always been unique in cut and I quite like it. It's a shame if that can't be rectified. Turning into a grumpy old man as everything just seems to get more and more sh@t these days. 

Edit - and another thing (I know right, sorry), why do they insist on stitching together so many different fabric types. Does it really make that much of a difference to garment performance? I didn't like it in the Reebok jerseys and I don't like it now in the Adidas. I understand why they have the alternate shoulder material (if it really does perform as expected and acts as reinforcing over shoulders) but those side panels...why?

Edit Edit - Not sure if posted already but there's knockoffs available now. The usual suspects.

Edited by SoNowWhat?

2 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

And there you have it.

Yes. *sigh*

On 7/3/2017 at 0:18 PM, Kincaid521 said:

I'm sure a few of you have already seen this, but I think this video definitely does the Adidas jerseys some justice. I personally think it looks good now that I've seen them in daylight, and in more of a casual manner:

Wow Walmart is really stepping up the quality of their jerseys
Reply 3  

54 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

What the hell is a Gigawatt?!

The only source of energy capable of generating that kind of power is a bolt of lightning. 

This is why you go to the future first so you can equip the time machine with Mr. Fusion so you don't have to carry around plutonium or try to funnel a bolt of lightning.

After seeing the Golden Knight's jerseys in person at their team store this week (I had to go see The Who at Caesars Palace), I think they look better in person than just seeing pictures. I felt the material of the ones on the mannequins and I don't quite know what to make of it. The body materials were somewhat similar to the Edge, but the arms and the shoulders with the dimple design felt different. I posted 10 years ago that the Edge looked exactly like the same material that Reebok used on their NFL jerseys, which I saw on display at the HOF in Canton. I can't really compare this to anything else I've touched. Maybe it is what they use on soccer jerseys. But I have no point of reference on that.

29 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

This is why you go to the future first so you can equip the time machine with Mr. Fusion so you don't have to carry around plutonium or try to funnel a bolt of lightning.

I totally would have done the whole Sports Almanac thing. Just getting that out of the way, we'd be in alternate 2017 right now. In which I am rich and powerful, and married to your mother. 

Edited by mfitz804

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I totally would have done the whole Sports Almanac thing. Just getting that out of the way, we'd be in alternate 2017 right now. In which I am rich and powerful, and married to your mother. 

Nooooooo!  You b@stard !!!

I can also see the sign now:

"mfitz's Pleasure Paradise"

Edited by Devilsguy

• 3 months later...

I got a Ranger "authentic" Adidas jersey from NHL.com, it was made in Indnesia am I wrong to be upset seeing as previous Reebok authentics were made in Canada and this is not? 

No, you’re not wrong to be upset. Adidas decided they do not want to sell the Canadian made jerseys to the public anymore and are trying to pass off this inferior product as authentic.  

Only way to send a message to Adidas is to hit them with poor sales numbers.

1 hour ago, e30cabrio said:

I got a Ranger "authentic" Adidas jersey from NHL.com, it was made in Indnesia am I wrong to be upset seeing as previous Reebok authentics were made in Canada and this is not? 

The previous Reebok authentics that we’re sold on NHL Shop were also made in Indonesia.