Adidas NHL On Ice Jersey

JunkyardAthletic

On 11/19/2017 at 2:56 PM, tomtucker said:

Shoulders looks weird on TV, are there small holes in the fabric? 

Doesn't really look like there are, but why else would you see white holes in the black Pens jersey? :wacko: #confused

It looks like dimpling...I thought someone posted a while back it was a way to reduce jersey weight or something like that. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

It looks like dimpling...I thought someone posted a while back it was a way to reduce jersey weight or something like that. 

You know what would be really light? No jersey, draw the guy’s number on his back with a sharpie. 

12 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

The white might just be reflections of the lights.  Pretty sure they're just dimples, not holes.

Right, i also thought they were dimples, 

it was just during  that pens vs hawks game , i thought it looked like holes where you could see the white shoulder pads though.

1 hour ago, tomtucker said:

Right, i also thought they were dimples, 

it was just during  that pens vs hawks game , i thought it looked like holes where you could see the white shoulder pads though.

I looked at a few Getty Images and I totally see what you’re talking about. I guess it’s just an illusion. 

6 hours ago, jsh139 said:

The white might just be reflections of the lights.  Pretty sure they're just dimples, not holes.

They're definitely just dimples. There have been a few PS gamers floating around on eBay and the closeups of the collar/shoulders clearly show that they're not holes.

1 hour ago, icecrosby said:

Adidas NHL jersey is cheaper than the Reebok jersey.

I saw a closeup of Miles Wood's shoulder during the game last night, and there was a 1-2 inch separation of the material at the seam. I don't recall seeing that on another jersey, ever. 

16 hours ago, jsh139 said:

I looked at a few Getty Images and I totally see what you’re talking about. I guess it’s just an illusion. 

Yes....and normally when changes are made, the manufactorer  comes up with a bullsh!t explanition, like lighter- faster- stronger.........but in this dimple case we have not gotten an explanation........what are the dimples for?!

the big dimple mystery of 2017  ;)

Edited by tomtucker

2 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

Yes....and normally when changes are made, the manufactorer  comes up with a bullsh!t explanition, like lighter- faster- stronger.........but in this dimple case we have not gotten an explanation........what are the dimples for?!

It looks kind of cool, I guess. I guess. 

It makes the players look cuter

17 minutes ago, bluejacket said:

They work just like the dimples on a golf ball and allow the skater to cut thru the air faster and use less energy. :P

Of course, you're right.

So i guess that also means that if a player has lots of dimples on his azz he could/should play butt naked.......   "cut thru the air faster and use less energy"

Bet we will see that in next years skills competition fastest skater 

Edited by tomtucker

21 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

Of course, you're right.

So i guess that also means that if a player has lots of dimples on his azz he could/should play butt naked.......   "cut thru the air faster and use less energy"

Well technically if a player was butt naked he'd automatically be lighter than if he were clothed, dimpled Arse notwithstanding. 

Of course, then there'd have to be a new "low sticking" penalty added, and nobody likes rule changes. 

Of course, you're right.

That would work great for defenseman, since they spend a lot of time skating backwards.    

On 11/20/2017 at 4:50 PM, mfitz804 said:

You know what would be really light? No jersey, draw the guy’s number on his back with a sharpie. 

Would Sharpie make Sharpie skate faster?

if so, I'm in.

23 minutes ago, LondonGardens said:

Wonder if the dimpled material is partially an attempt to make them harder to knock off.  Will be interesting to see how close the counterfeiters get.

It would be a nice effort but people would still buy knockoffs regardless of the material used because they dont care, or at best, just don't know.

On 11/18/2017 at 9:57 AM, lhg39 said:

The previous Reebok authentics that we’re sold on NHL Shop were also made in Indonesia.

I guess getting my previous Reeboks elsewhere was a good call then. I'm arguing with them to take it back.

19 hours ago, LondonGardens said:

Wonder if the dimpled material is partially an attempt to make them harder to knock off.  Will be interesting to see how close the counterfeiters get.

I would actually respect that. It would take away the fake-jersey-wearing customer's comeback of "it all comes from the same factories in China anyway" when pointing out that the materials on their jersey isn't what's used on legit authentic jerseys. Of course I'd still get called a liar somehow, but I cynically enjoyed those battles working that job!

Sorry for a question that may be answered already....I've been out of the game for a bit. Are on ice authentics available yet? I don't mean the Indonesian models but the ones I assume that are made in Canada?  I'm thinking the Baron would have them first.

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Cygnus X-1 said:

Sorry for a question that may be answered already....I've been out of the game for a bit. Are on ice authentics available yet? I don't mean the Indonesian models but the ones I assume that are made in Canada?  I'm thinking the Baron would have them first.

Thanks!

Nope.

And according to J.B., he does NOT yet have an Adidas hookup and he may not get them. We’re all still on hold.