Adidas NHL On Ice Jersey

JunkyardAthletic

29 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Nope.

And according to J.B., he does NOT yet have an Adidas hookup and he may not get them. We’re all still on hold.

Thanks for the info!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Cygnus X-1 said:

Thanks for the info!

You’re welcome. To the extent that “no” and “nobody knows” constitute “info”. :) 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

You’re welcome. To the extent that “no” and “nobody knows” constitute “info”. :) 

Lol. I was at the game tonight and I was trying to decide if I should go for the ol' IndoZero or wait to see if a Canadian one would be an option. So I bought nothing-I may cave and grab an Indo when I go back on 12/9. 

1 minute ago, Cygnus X-1 said:

Lol. I was at the game tonight and I was trying to decide if I should go for the ol' IndoZero or wait to see if a Canadian one would be an option. So I bought nothing-I may cave and grab an Indo when I go back on 12/9. 

I ordered home and road, cancelled both, tried the new replica, returned it. Then I ordered home and road Indos again, had them customized so they are mine to keep. Whenever they get here. 

All indications so far seem to be that Adidas will not have Canadian-made game-quality jerseys available at retail. I had communication with the Canucks that suggested they may be willing to sell team stock if there are enough to spare at some point. Adidas Hockey will not reply to my tweets asking them about Canadian-made game-quality jerseys. It seems like they don't even want to acknowledge the fact that game jerseys are different than their AdiZero "authentic" jerseys. 

1 minute ago, Van67 said:

All indications so far seem to be that Adidas will not have Canadian-made game-quality jerseys available at retail. I had communication with the Canucks that suggested they may be willing to sell team stock if there are enough to spare at some point. Adidas Hockey will not reply to my tweets asking them about Canadian-made game-quality jerseys. It seems like they don't even want to acknowledge the fact that game jerseys are different than their AdiZero "authentic" jerseys. 

I’m still not sure I believe that. There’s been zero confirmation from Adidas, just rank speculation. The Canucks team store would have zero idea what Adidas’ plans are beyond this moment. And although I wasn’t collecting at the time, from what I’ve heard Reebok did pretty much the same thing when the Edge jerseys came out, and then later they became available. Other than people saying it in forums, I don’t think there’s been any credible expression of their intention by Adidas. 

I think the only thing that we know with any kind of certainty is, not now, and who knows what the future holds. 

40 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m still not sure I believe that. There’s been zero confirmation from Adidas, just rank speculation. The Canucks team store would have zero idea what Adidas’ plans are beyond this moment. And although I wasn’t collecting at the time, from what I’ve heard Reebok did pretty much the same thing when the Edge jerseys came out, and then later they became available. Other than people saying it in forums, I don’t think there’s been any credible expression of their intention by Adidas. 

I think the only thing that we know with any kind of certainty is, not now, and who knows what the future holds. 

I don't disagree with not knowing what the future holds. When I say all indications, I'm speaking for myself. As of now, Adidas is advertising the AdiZero jerseys at retail as what the players are wearing. 

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I ordered home and road, cancelled both, tried the new replica, returned it. Then I ordered home and road Indos again, had them customized so they are mine to keep. Whenever they get here. 

That's not how a boycott works.....you should't give those turds any money

8 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

had them customized

Arena Wear?

4 hours ago, tomtucker said:

That's not how a boycott works.....you should't give those turds any money

I wasn’t boycotting. In fact, I said a boycott was incredibly stupid. There are not enough people who are upset about it to make a difference and honestly, not everything warrants a boycott or protest.

I did decide to wait to see what happens, but the Devils gave two (or more) exciting rookies and the more I look at the new style, the more I like them. 

3 minutes ago, Cygnus X-1 said:

Arena Wear?

Nope. I let CoolHockey do one, since it’s only an Indo and customization was free on Black Friday. The other one I sent to EPS. Devils are using Philly Express now but again, to do an Indo I didn’t feel like dealing with an unfamiliar customizer. 

I’d never use Arena Wear, that’d be like supporting the enemy!!

20 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Are you seeing anything for the Hawks yet?

No, but I've talked with him in the past about team stock Hawks jerseys. He seemed to have access to just about anything I asked for, but they were spendy.  I don't know if he'll get Adidas, but if you've gotta have one, I'd keep an eye on his listings. 

40 minutes ago, furiousd said:

No, but I've talked with him in the past about team stock Hawks jerseys. He seemed to have access to just about anything I asked for, but they were spendy.  I don't know if he'll get Adidas, but if you've gotta have one, I'd keep an eye on his listings. 

I would buy one if they were available.... school-girl collar and all.

3 hours ago, furiousd said:

Authentic spendy or gamer spendy?

This may sound strange on this forum, but I don't have to have an ADIDAS. I'm looking into another blank home or possibly away, maybe team issued, but I doubt I'd spend much more than JB.

15 hours ago, Hawks2797 said:

Red Wings MIC jerseys as well.  Mentioned on FB earlier. Same seller selling both.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/292351026232

Did anyone here beat me to this? The seller's counter offer I would have paid came in when I was out running this morning (Australia remember) and by the time I saw it the jersey was sold.

Habs store manager at the Bell Centre told me he requested made in Canada authentics, as he had (successfully) before for Reebok in previous years  and it was turned down. The argument Adidas used was that they believe the retail price would be too high and it wouldn't sell. 

6 hours ago, furiousd said:

I've known him for a number of years and even met up with him one time while I was traveling in Chicago. His name is Jonathan, he's a great dude. I just emailed him asking him if he's planning on selling more and what his access is like. In the past, he'd has access to both Wings and Hawks, but that's it.