Adidas NHL On Ice Jersey

JunkyardAthletic

On 12/19/2017 at 8:29 PM, Cygnus X-1 said:

So forgive me for being uninformed- is Arena Wear still the Rangers' team customizers? I grabbed a blank 46 WC jersey at MSG tonight and I want to get it done up right. 

Arena Wear told me they are not accepting any work until after Jan 31. However, if you are in NY you can take the sweater to the NHL store, and they'll turn it around in as little as 6 business days, even now. Store orders get priority.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's to hoping the Canadian-made jerseys will one day be made available to fans.

I didn't look closely at the RANGERS embroidery on the front of the Winter Classic Adizero jersey I bought until now. It's pretty sub-par -- far below the Edge 1.0/2.0 standard -- maybe like the Indo-Edge? Disappointing for the price-point. Looks pretty good from the front.

This one went out to Arena Wear, and the custom letters/numbers are on-point.

15 hours ago, artificialintuition said:

Here's to hoping the Canadian-made jerseys will one day be made available to fans.

All hope is not yet lost. Edge jerseys weren't available at retail when they were first released.

Saw quite a few fake Adidas jerseys at the arena tonight. They had actual white polka dots on the shoulders to simulate the dimpling. They looked horrific.

100% of them were Hischier #13. 

20 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Saw quite a few fake Adidas jerseys at the arena tonight. They had actual white polka dots on the shoulders to simulate the dimpling. They looked horrific.

100% of them were Hischier #13. 

According to the tag on the inside of the collar, they’re Made in Canada. For $60 no less. 

On 12/20/2017 at 1:53 AM, TheKevinShow said:

Yes, they are.

Thanks 

On 12/23/2017 at 0:29 PM, TheKevinShow said:

All hope is not yet lost. Edge jerseys weren't available at retail when they were first released.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. They sure were, Edge 1.0. I saw then in the Blueline at Nationwide Arena on the Saturday in September 2007 when the Reebok jerseys were put on sale. And I bought AHL LEM jerseys, Edge 1.0, also in September 2007. And Edge 2.0 in 2008. They were absolutely available.

Edited by rabinsurance

13 hours ago, rabinsurance said:

Wrong, wrong, wrong. They sure were, Edge 1.0. I saw then in the Blueline at Nationwide Arena on the Saturday in September 2007 when the Reebok jerseys were put on sale. And I bought AHL LEM jerseys, Edge 1.0, also in September 2007. And Edge 2.0 in 2008. They were absolutely available.

Well maybe partially correct.

Sure, Edge 1.0 jerseys were available for retail when the Edge jersey debuted in 2007, both for minor and major league teams.

But when NHL teams started switching to Edge 2.0, the reail inventory for major league teams was not adjusted to match until much later after its debut.

And the availability of Edge 2.0 at retail (I don't consider JB retail) for minor league teams seems to have been earlier than that for major league teams.

But at the end of the day, the point is that when we were first introduced to Reebok as the jersey manufacturer at the NHL level, we were able to buy on-ice product at retail.  Under the switch to Adidas, we are not.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been to a game in Vegas this year? Does the team store have prelettered sweaters? If they do are they adidas s*** screen printed or good quality? Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, Jdems93 said:

Has anyone been to a game in Vegas this year? Does the team store have prelettered sweaters? If they do are they adidas s*** screen printed or good quality? Thanks in advance

I’ll be there in a month. I’ll report back my findings. 

Can anybody tell me if all teams are using the new perforated numbers on the Adidas in game jerseys or are some teams using tackle twill still? I noticed a while back that the Canes team store was using tackle twill on the retail authentics.

The Flyers are still using tackle twill. The crest is different, though. It’s got that jersey material in it. But the name and numbers are definitely twill. 

Most teams are still using regular twill on their game jerseys.

55 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

The Flyers are still using tackle twill. The crest is different, though. It’s got that jersey material in it. But the name and numbers are definitely twill. 

I just got my Carnival jersey last week, and it doesn't seem like the crest is any different than previous years.  It's a "Made in Canada"

5 minutes ago, robersong88 said:

I just got my Carnival jersey last week, and it doesn't seem like the crest is any different than previous years.  It's a "Made in Canada"

My hockey fights cancer jersey from this year is the same too. Same crest as before, stacked twill numbers like before. But my first set orange GW jersey is different. Jersey material in the crest, kiss-cut numbers. I think the game jerseys are being done differently. At least for the Flyers. 

Edited by jsh139

3 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

My hockey fights cancer jersey from this year is the same too. Same crest as before, same stacked twill numbers. But my first set orange GW jersey is different. Jersey material in the crest, kiss-cut numbers. I think the game jerseys are being done differently. At least for the Flyers. 

Actually the numbers on the carnival are kiss cut

Edited by robersong88
spelling

1 hour ago, AeroFishOne said:

Can anybody tell me if all teams are using the new perforated numbers on the Adidas in game jerseys or are some teams using tackle twill still? I noticed a while back that the Canes team store was using tackle twill on the retail authentics.

Very few teams switched to the perforated twill. Off the top of my head, I know that Dallas, Edmonton, Vegas, Florida and Columbus switched to the perforated twill. I don't recall who else.

42 minutes ago, robersong88 said:

Take a closer look. It’s definitely different. There’s a base layer of white twill but the black and orange parts are not twill. They’re a soft jersey-like material. And they’re not zigzag stitched as before. They’re like embroidered down. I’ll take pics tomorrow to show the difference. 

Edited by jsh139

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Take a closer look. It’s definitely different. There’s a base layer of white twill but the black and orange parts are not twill. They’re a soft jersey-like material. And they’re not zigzag stitched as before. They’re like embroidered down. I’ll take pics tomorrow to show the difference. 

My apologies, you are correct. Subtle difference but it is different. Can't tell so much by look as you can by feel. Good catch!

4 hours ago, robersong88 said:

My apologies, you are correct. Subtle difference but it is different. Can't tell so much by look as you can by feel. Good catch!

No problem. Had me puzzled, though! Was thinking that the game jerseys were different or something if yours had the old crest. 

Looks like a black carpet. :-) 

I like the Edge 2.0 crest, never saw a close up Flyers.

Adidas needs to make the jerseys available. I'm not going to buy a golden knights jersey until I can get a legit on ice jersey. I've gone the meigrey route before when I was an avs fan, but would like to avoid buying gamers just to have a real jersey due to having more responsibilities in my life now. I refuse to buy the crap they sell in the store and online with the fanatics made jersey. I just wear different vgk hoodies to games. I cringe at the awful jerseys that I see at vgk games.

Edited by hakaida

22 hours ago, jsh139 said:

My hockey fights cancer jersey from this year is the same too. Same crest as before, stacked twill numbers like before. But my first set orange GW jersey is different. Jersey material in the crest, kiss-cut numbers. I think the game jerseys are being done differently. At least for the Flyers. 

I’m an idiot. The HFC jersey has the new crest, too ?

3 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I’m an idiot. The HFC jersey has the new crest, too ?

Thebiggoalie should be strolling in with a Flyers fan comment in 3...2...1...