Adidas NHL On Ice Jersey

JunkyardAthletic

15 hours ago, jroam82 said:

Still the smaller font lettering though? I can't imagine that would be easy to strip. In any case, mind sharing a couple pics?

Makes me madder than it should that they've done this.

Only consolation is it looks like the 46 MiC WCOH jerseys have the same sized crest as the larger sizes. Now I'm even more vested in the hope they eventually release retail versions of the actual on ice authentics (because obviously no chance to pick up a TI that small).

I have a couple of pics but I don't have them on a site to upload right now- I can email them to you if you want to send me a PM. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 06/02/2018 at 4:56 PM, blurryhaze312 said:

Ick, really???  I could understand the 42-44, but come on.  Ugh...

I have had both a 46 and 50 in the Oilers jerseys and that's where the cresting/numbering/name bar gets shrunk.

I found the 50 to be uncomfortably big, so I bought blank 46's and had them customized using the normal sized name bar + numbering. Looks great and TBO the only time the logo looks off is when it is hanging up or laid out. A friend wears a 56 and the proportions look the same when worn to a game. 

I've never had someone come up to me and say "hey your logo looks small". 

On 13/02/2018 at 2:08 AM, Mcmanus said:

I've never had someone come up to me and say "hey your logo looks small". 

I get that I'm probably more stressed about this than I should be.

It's a bit different with the Rangers where the "crest" actually takes up more vertical space. I'm just used to the letters starting at a certain point on my chest and ending down near my belt across a range of different makers on the smaller sizes - and that's how I like it.

15 hours ago, jroam82 said:

I get that I'm probably more stressed about this than I should be.

It's a bit different with the Rangers where the "crest" actually takes up more vertical space. I'm just used to the letters starting at a certain point on my chest and ending down near my belt across a range of different makers on the smaller sizes - and that's how I like it.

Having said that... I wonder what a 46 would look like if one where to strip the front crest off and have the regular sized crest put on. 

MIC Pens (ugh) jersey came in the other day. I gotta say, I'm surprised at how much I like it and how different the material feels compared to the MIC WCOH jersey I have. Why would Adidas change the design/material in such a short timeframe? I still dislike the curved striping on the rear and the collar on most teams. If Adidas were to tweak the Hawks collar and straighten the stripes, I'd be happy to pick a few up. In the meantime, this jersey is going to be stripped and turned into a Crosby. Then chances are sold. Don't have a need for a Pens jersey in my collection, really just wanted to see how the MIC NHL jerseys were in person.

Just now, mdwsta4 said:

MIC Pens (ugh) jersey came in the other day. I gotta say, I'm surprised at how much I like it and how different the material feels compared to the MIC WCOH jersey I have. Why would Adidas change the design/material in such a short timeframe? I still dislike the curved striping on the rear and the collar on most teams. If Adidas were to tweak the Hawks collar and straighten the stripes, I'd be happy to pick a few up. In the meantime, this jersey is going to be stripped and turned into a Crosby. Then chances are sold. Don't have a need for a Pens jersey in my collection, really just wanted to see how the MIC NHL jerseys were in person.

That's pretty much my same thoughts. FYI, the back numbers were pretty tough for me to get off and left A LOT of glue that I have to remove. Hope you have better luck.

On 15/02/2018 at 2:25 AM, Mcmanus said:

Having said that... I wonder what a 46 would look like if one where to strip the front crest off and have the regular sized crest put on. 

That might work for a standard crest as you'd cover whatever marks were left behind. Not sure it would work with the Rangers lettering.

For anyone curious, I got this back and I think EPS nailed the Devils’ new smaller font and numbers. Nameplate is correct Adidas material as well. 

38690242410_46253792b2_b.jpg

Hey guys been awhile do the adizero jerseys fit the same as a mic adidas jersey? I tried on a size 56 in the store I’m trying to gage the sizing of pro jersey to order off meigray. Thanks 

9 minutes ago, iceman91 said:

Hey guys been awhile do the adizero jerseys fit the same as a mic adidas jersey? I tried on a size 56 in the store I’m trying to gage the sizing of pro jersey to order off meigray. Thanks 

I think the Indo fit a bit smaller, but I am not sure if I could say its a fill size smaller. I don't have my MIC in hand so I can't do any measurements, just going by how it felt. I wouldn't say you'd need a bigger/smaller size, your Indo size is probably your MIC size. 

Great thanks so they fit alittle bigger then the indo jersey. I wanted alittle bigger anyway I know the pros always fit bigger than that indo junk

8 minutes ago, iceman91 said:

Great thanks so they fit alittle bigger then the indo jersey. I wanted alittle bigger anyway I know the pros always fit bigger than that indo junk

Yes, a little. I am not in any way recommending you take a smaller size in the MIC, though. But if you were someone who wears a Reebok 54 or a 56, I would say you'd need a 56 Indo and unless you prefer them very fitted, also a 56 MIC. 

I have heard some people say its a two size difference between Reebok and Adidas. That has not been my experience, I say its only a one size difference. 

Still hoping to find a Canadian made 2017-2018 Tampa Bay Lightning jersey.. I've had a few leads, but all of them ended up fizzling out.  

3 hours ago, khabbi said:

Still hoping to find a Canadian made 2017-2018 Tampa Bay Lightning jersey.. I've had a few leads, but all of them ended up fizzling out.  

would like a Coburn 

On 2/25/2018 at 0:15 AM, tomtucker said:

so they are different than last season?

what is woven ?

Woven patches/labels use a finer gauge thread knit tighter together to achieve better clarity in detail.

This clarity and detail is very evident when you see side by sides of teams like Columbus or the text on the the Lightning shoulder patches,

Aside from most soccer badges using these, you've probably seen them on clothing as interior labels or jocktags

on older NFL and MLB jerseys. the old Rawling label on jerseys and gloves or the Pro-Line NFL jocktag, 

The older Nike "designed to the exact specifications" jocktag was a woven.

Great news -- sounds like it has been confirmed that alternate/3rd jerseys will be back next season, and the Flyers will be wearing a black one

http://sonsofpenn.com/the-flyers-will-have-black-adidas-jerseys-for-the-2018-19-season/