Photo Hosting

They actually removed your photos?  Mine are still there, but the links don't work, so the site is useless to me since I only used it for 3rd party hosting.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

They actually removed your photos?  Mine are still there, but the links don't work, so the site is useless to me since I only used it for 3rd party hosting.

Sorry, the ability to post links was taken away. Pictures are still in my account, I just can't do a thing with them, just like you. 

It looks like you can still save your photos so you don't have to take them over again, although they are probably lower res than the originals.  Anyway, this whole Photobucket fiasco has motivated me to get off my butt and finally photograph all my crap.  The Flickr account is great and easy to use.  I've already taken about 300 photos, and should be able to complete a collection album soon.

• 8 months later...

Just when I start to get used to and like Flickr, they get acquired by SmugMug.  I hope that they leave the interface alone and don't transfer it to their system.

45 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Just when I start to get used to and like Flickr, they get acquired by SmugMug.  I hope that they leave the interface alone and don't transfer it to their system.

Agreed. While I have used SmugMug to purchase photo prints from a photographer that uses them, I wasn't particularly thrilled with their interface. 

I stopped storing pictures after the Photobucket thing; I upload stuff to post in the forum there, but then I just basically abandon them. Any pictures I wish to store, I keep elsewhere. 

So the only issue for me will be, where am I going to upload my future memes for forum use?

• 3 months later...
23 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Haven’t noticed any changes with Flickr. 

Yup, that’s where I am also. No issues, 

1 minute ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

When you guys post here, what type of attachment process do you use? I can't seem to get images to show up regardless of which method I use. The user error is strong in this one.

I've been clicking the share photo button (looks like an arrow) and just copy/pasting the Url it generates.  The forum software will automagically expand it into an image with a link back to Flickr.

History of the Hockey Jersey, 1983-1993

4 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

When you guys post here, what type of attachment process do you use? I can't seem to get images to show up regardless of which method I use. The user error is strong in this one.

For me with Flicker, I just copy the link for the photo, and then paste it here in the body of my post, and when you paste it, it automatically converts to an actual picture instead of just showing a link...

3 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I've been clicking the share photo button (looks like an arrow) and just copy/pasting the Url it generates.  The forum software will automagically expand it into an image with a link back to Flickr.

That’s how it’s done. 

42111453302_c96cb0024e_b.jpg

1 minute ago, KB67 said:

For me with Flicker, I just copy the link for the photo, and then paste it here in the body of my post, and when you paste it, it automatically converts to an actual picture instead of just showing a link...

So literally just copying the URL into the usual response field will do that? I'll give that a shot again. Tried everything last night  and all I saw was text so I never posted. Maybe it converts after you post..?

Just now, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

So literally just copying the URL into the usual response field will do that? I'll give that a shot again. Tried everything last night  and all I saw was text so I never posted. Maybe it converts after you post..?

It usually converts after your paste, but sometimes you'll need to hit the Enter button.  The forum software does this with most links (images, twitter, FB, etc).

6 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I don't see an arrow. 

Im also using an iPhone 5 usually, maybe it's a software thing on my end. I'll try the link in the body method.

4 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

I don't see an arrow. 

Im also using an iPhone 5 usually, maybe it's a software thing on my end. I'll try the link in the body method.

The arrow is in the Flickr app or the desktop browsers. Might not be in the mobile version of the site. I copied the url though and I think it works though.

Test:

2017-18 Warm-up Worn Scott Laughton, Hockey Fights Cancer

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, jsh139 said:

I guess it was bound to happen.  Flickr will soon be limiting free accounts to 1,000 photos. 

Thanks for the heads up, I went through my photostream and deleted a bunch I don't need