Photo Hosting

Ok, so apparently Photobucket is no longer permitting me to place photos on forums without my paying a $399 annual fee for the privilege. Clearly I am not going to do that, so I am in need of a new photo hosting service. 

I want a service where I can do essentially what I was doing on Photobucket, which includes: 

1. An app where I can upload pictures directly from my phone.

2. The ability to use said app to generate a link I can click and copy and post directly here.

3. Needs to be free. 

I generally do all of my photo posting from my phone and i don't want to have to take the extra step of logging in to the hosting company's web site, I really want there to be an app. 

Can anyone suggest such a service? 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just recently switched to Flickr.  I find it easy to use and the is no pop ups like photobucket had.  However, I have not used the phone app, so I don't know how user friendly that is; the website itself is good though.

I almost started this topic last night. The bucket app on Android hadn't been working right for me, so I started populating a Flickr account. It seemed to work much better once I got the hang of it, so I was making a leisurely switch. I guess Photobucket finalized my decision for me.

3 hours ago, furiousd said:

I almost started this topic last night. The bucket app on Android hadn't been working right for me, so I started populating a Flickr account. It seemed to work much better once I got the hang of it, so I was making a leisurely switch. I guess Photobucket finalized my decision for me.

I'm so pissed, I lost the ability to post my witty pictures and memes I had stored. All the jersey pictures can be replaced, but now I have to find a new picture of Swiss cheese to post when people talk about Swiss players. 

6 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Don't forget the Swedish Chef and Space Coyote.  Those should probably just be in the text box emoji list.

Damnit, nobody buy a BOURQUE BOURQUE BOURQUE until further notice!!!

Flickr is the way to go.  Take pictures, upload to Flickr, and post here all done through my phone.

Photobucket is trash. 

23 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Flickr is the way to go.  Take pictures, upload to Flickr, and post here all done through my phone.

Photobucket is trash. 

Yup, it was simple and the app is great too. It's not exactly clear how to accomplish it from the little symbols on the screen, but I got it figured out now. 

1 hour ago, TMLFAN said:

Photobucket is trash. 

Imgur does the same. 

Nicer than it could have been, at least he left Fokti the option of whether or not to suck it. He didn't make it mandatory. 

Only because of filters. Those buttholes lost an entire set of pictures of my now-deceased uncle and I at several sporting events. For that...and to borrow a phrase from the great Bruce Dickinson...their souls are gonna burn in a lake of fire.

1 hour ago, Brilliant! said:

Only because of filters. Those buttholes lost an entire set of pictures of my now-deceased uncle and I at several sporting events. For that...and to borrow a phrase from the great Bruce Dickinson...their souls are gonna burn in a lake of fire.

That really sucks man, I'm sorry that happened. 

I just moved my jersey pics over to Flickr.  I've decided that I like the interface better.  We'll see how it goes...

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

Not sure if it's possible, but my Photobucket account might be grandfathered in, because my photos are still showing my for sale thread.

I believe anything already in your account is OK. I uploaded new photos the other day and they would not work in eBay due to the updated policy. 

On to Flickr I guess...

Just now, Committed said:

I believe anything already in your account is OK. I uploaded new photos the other day and they would not work in eBay due to the updated policy. 

For most of us, I think, ALL photos posted, even years ago, have links that no longer work.  I just dumped Photobucket completely.

39 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

For most of us, I think, ALL photos posted, even years ago, have links that no longer work.  I just dumped Photobucket completely.

Yup all of my pictures were taken away, so I just abandoned my account. I will take all new pictures of my collection when I have time, right now I am just using it for sale ads.