"Stitched"

LetsGoCaps

2 hours ago, SoNowWhat? said:

I think you've nailed it here. If you are selling sub-standard product for top price (or perceived top price) then you can't be surprised if people look elsewhere. Don't even get me started on the "official" merchandise sold through the NHL online shop. They should hang their heads in shame. Most people would trust the NHL to sell them the real deal, and as far as a Premier jersey goes I guess that's right if you're getting a blank but watch out for that customising and why oh why do they not sell Made in Canada Edge? I'd be pretty annoyed if I'd purchased something from them thinking I had the real deal only to compare it to on ice images/video/the guy sitting next to me. So very disappointing and it really feeds the cynic in me.

Having said all that, I guess @TMLFAN is correct too. Most people don't know and probably aren't interested. I've been on a fairly steep learning curve recently re sourcing the "real deal" and if you're not going to take the time to learn what you should look for and what to avoid then you're going to get caught out. 

To the OP, yup, I pretty much skip to the next listing as soon as I see "all stitched". Oh, who am I kidding I have to look. It's like a car crash, and I need all the laughs I can get right now.

Well I don't think the replicas are being marketed as the same thing the players on the ice wear.  The costs themselves prohibit authentics from ever being really affordable to the masses (especially when a large portion consider anything over $75 as being too expensive).  The cost that retailers pay for blank Edge 2.0's was reported to be $150, which alone makes them more expensive than what Premier blanks retailed them for.  For most fans, the Edge 2.0's were simply out of reach price-wise and the replicas filled the space in the market where they decent looking compared to the fakes and within reason for a decent chunk of the fans.

With that said I will say again that Reebok shot themselves in their own foot with how they priced the replicas.  $130-ish retail for blanks and $170-200 for factory customized jerseys is absurd.  It should be $60-80 for a blank and $100-130 with customization.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Well I don't think the replicas are being marketed as the same thing the players on the ice wear.  The costs themselves prohibit authentics from ever being really affordable to the masses (especially when a large portion consider anything over $75 as being too expensive).  The cost that retailers pay for blank Edge 2.0's was reported to be $150, which alone makes them more expensive than what Premier blanks retailed them for.  For most fans, the Edge 2.0's were simply out of reach price-wise and the replicas filled the space in the market where they decent looking compared to the fakes and within reason for a decent chunk of the fans.

With that said I will say again that Reebok shot themselves in their own foot with how they priced the replicas.  $130-ish retail for blanks and $170-200 for factory customized jerseys is absurd.  It should be $60-80 for a blank and $100-130 with customization.

I would agree, but based on the quality the blank should be at the lower ($60) end, and if they actually used good customization, it should be at the higher ($130) end. 

But I don't even think the $100 price makes sense personally. A little patience and a bad eBay habit, you could get an authentic for a few dollars more. I guess you wouldn't get to pick your player, necessarily. 

45 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I would agree, but based on the quality the blank should be at the lower ($60) end, and if they actually used good customization, it should be at the higher ($130) end. 

But I don't even think the $100 price makes sense personally. A little patience and a bad eBay habit, you could get an authentic for a few dollars more. I guess you wouldn't get to pick your player, necessarily. 

I was talking in terms of retail like brick and mortar and official NHL store.  There are still a lot of people who are afraid of shopping around outside of those channels including eBay.  I still see in the Devils FB groups the occasional "is icejerseys/coolhockey/sportsk/etc a reputable company?" question.  When I tell people that you can get legit jerseys on the cheap on eBay, they often react with astonishment.  They really don't see or think of eBay as a place to get them and think they are all knockoffs.

17 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I was talking in terms of retail like brick and mortar and official NHL store.  There are still a lot of people who are afraid of shopping around outside of those channels including eBay.  I still see in the Devils FB groups the occasional "is icejerseys/coolhockey/sportsk/etc a reputable company?" question.  When I tell people that you can get legit jerseys on the cheap on eBay, they often react with astonishment.  They really don't see or think of eBay as a place to get them and think they are all knockoffs.

Well, 95% of the general public is stupid so you have that. 

The other 5% are IJ members...

You think hockey is bad, the NFL jerseys are insanely priced.  Not only can you not buy a true retail "on field" version of the jersey, they have three different levels of quality.  When Reebok had the contract it was pretty much the same.  $80 for a screen-printed (often crooked or missing ink) replica.  Seriously??  Nike is no better with their $100 replicas that fit and feel very strange, IMO.

5 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Interesting.

Yes? And?

...Ohhhhh, that doesn't look right does it. Must take more care in the future. Just meant I instantly lose interest in the item but have to look to see exactly what is being passed off as authentic. And reading the descriptions (and often pricing) can be quite amusing. Sorry for any confusion. Not actually a sociopath. 

4 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Didn't mean to say there's a problem buying replicas or authentics. My point about NHL store was more that they don't even offer a made in Canada on-ice authentic option. And they are the retail face of the NHL. And to restate I agree that Reebok shot themselves in the foot.

Also agree re online stores vs physical. I'm in Australia (and I know I'm not the only one here) but I don't think any retailers sell authentics here (happy to be proved wrong). Means that we have to go looking to international online options and luckily they are there. It doesn't take too long to work out who's ok and who is not.

The bigger question here is, being from Australia, how the hell do you sleep at night knowing there are massive spiders walking around all over the place??????

29 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

The bigger question here is, being from Australia, how the hell do you sleep at night knowing there are massive spiders walking around all over the place??????

Because they leave you alone because you have Bloomin' Onion breath, mate. 

1 hour ago, TMLFAN said:

It's not the big ones you need to worry about mate. Typically I will catch and release any I find inside as they do a good job of killing off flies and mosquitoes in summer. I'd leave em alone but wifey doesn't like them. They are like reef sharks, fine to be around and they'll leave you alone.

19 minutes ago, redwingsdownunder said:

It's not the big ones you need to worry about mate. Typically I will catch and release any I find inside as they do a good job of killing off flies and mosquitoes in summer. I'd leave em alone but wifey doesn't like them. They are like reef sharks, fine to be around and they'll leave you alone.

What he said.

Although having said that, funnel webs are big and you do need to watch out for them. Don't have any where I am.  

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Because they leave you alone because you have Bloomin' Onion breath, mate. 

Was that a reference to our previous Prime Minister? If so, well played sir. I'd offer you some spotted d!ck but appear to be fresh out.

edit - have just realised that the swear filter blanks out words like d!ck. Wondered what happened for a while there.

Edited by SoNowWhat?

54 minutes ago, SoNowWhat? said:

Was that a reference to our previous Prime Minister? If so, well played sir. I'd offer you some spotted d!ck but appear to be fresh out.

edit - have just realised that the swear filter blanks out words like d!ck. Wondered what happened for a while there.

It was probably a reference to Outback Steakhouse.

No rules, just right ?

bloomin-onion-trans.png

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

No rules, just right ?

bloomin-onion-trans.png

holy crap! I mean bloomin 'eck!

I'll see your bloomin' onions and raise you a crazy PM. Yes, that's a raw onion. Skin and all. Mustn't have had any afternoon meetings that day.

images%2Fvideo%2F2015%2F09%2F15%2FONION.

Well, this seems to have gotten somewhat off topic...Anyone seen a genuine, fully stitched onion?

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

No rules, just right ?

bloomin-onion-trans.png

Correct. All of my Australian knowledge comes from Outback and Croccodile Dundee.

Total coincidence that your PM is a weirdo. 

1 minute ago, furiousd said:

You-call-that-a-knife-_447c06b4183d73c10

Don't forget Foster's commercials. Those are like documentaries.

Yes, Foster's is in fact the Australian word for beer.

Also, koalas have chlamydia, so no matter how cute you think they are...

15 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

Fosters isn't even sold in Oz lol

I knew a family friend from Kyogle (northern NSW) who drank Fosters. Absolutely no idea where he got it or if he can even get it now as I'm going back quite a few years. Can't remember the last time I saw Fosters anywhere in any form.