In-hand reviews of the new Adizero Indo Jersey

mfitz804

There's been a lot said about these jerseys from people who saw them in a shop or walked by them or saw them on the internet. I thought we should have a thread with reviews for people who have had a little more exposure to them.

Arriving today was my new New Jersey Devils Adizero Indo, size 60. It is a pre-customized Taylor Hall, ordered specifically because I knew I had the ability to return it if I wanted to. 

APPEARANCE & MATERIALS:

Overall I find the look of it quite appealing. The jersey material is similar to Premier material in texture as some people have said, but seems sturdier. The material is way thinner than a 2.0 and the jersey weighs far less. The fight strap which many have questioned does look kind of wonky. The jersey material in the crest looks pretty cool. 

37203066551_4b2b45c9ca_b.jpg

37173357302_87ccece7af_b.jpg

37173358572_750ae52845_b.jpg

FIT:

The jersey fits slimmer overall than an Edge 2.0 does. Its more similar to the 1.0. I wear a 58+/60 in Edge, and this 60 fit me fine. I am not a fan of things that are slimmer fitting, ordinarily, but for street wear, I feel like it actually looked a little better being that it was a little fitted. Go figure. 

The sleeves are almost exactly like a 1.0, way too slim. Again, for street wear, its probably not an issue. They hit me somewhere just below the wrist, I have here long arms (37 sleeve) so this might be an issue for those of you who do not. 

The collar hits lower on the neck than a 2.0, which I rather enjoyed. I thought it was far more comfortable, especially when seated. 

CUSTOMIZATION:

This is where they lost me. Single layer, two color vinyl garbage. 

37155351486_b1cf855641_b.jpg

Had the customization been better, I would be happy to keep it at the price. But not as is, its going back. 

Overall, I would say that despite it not being an "on-ice" jersey, it looks good and the quality is better than I thought. I would add a blank when they become available. 

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the crest essentially like a stencil?  That is, if you stripped it off, would the "NJ" part just be a hole in the crest?  I'm wondering if the red jersey material in the NJ area is the same piece of fabric as the part surrounding the crest.

Thanks for the review!  Seems like they're ok jerseys, but they're not the authentics they're being sold as.  And considering one could easily score two (or more) older authentics for what that cost you?  Hard pass for me. 

And as far as the Devils' design goes - the contrast shoulders are too narrow and it's really missing the body stripes.  As a whole, it looks off to me. 

Thanks for the detailed review!

I think I am leaning towards getting one, but still on the fence about if I want it customized.  Now that it is pretty much confirmed PX is doing the Devils, I was thinking of waiting of getting it done by them.  However, since the font is essentially the same that PX is using, does it mean that huge of a difference to get it with double-layer twill over single-layered?  I am still battling with this.

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

Is the crest essentially like a stencil?  That is, if you stripped it off, would the "NJ" part just be a hole in the crest?  I'm wondering if the red jersey material in the NJ area is the same piece of fabric as the part surrounding the crest.

I pressed on it and there was a hard layer beneath, so I surmise it's a separate piece of material sandwiched between the other layers of the crest. 

58 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Thanks for the review!  Seems like they're ok jerseys, but they're not the authentics they're being sold as.  And considering one could easily score two (or more) older authentics for what that cost you?  Hard pass for me. 

And as far as the Devils' design goes - the contrast shoulders are too narrow and it's really missing the body stripes.  As a whole, it looks off to me. 

Initial response is yes, but my OCD requires me to complete my collection by adding a home and a road. They exist so I have to have them. 

2 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Thanks for the detailed review!

I think I am leaning towards getting one, but still on the fence about if I want it customized.  Now that it is pretty much confirmed PX is doing the Devils, I was thinking of waiting of getting it done by them.  However, since the font is essentially the same that PX is using, does it mean that huge of a difference to get it with double-layer twill over single-layered?  I am still battling with this.

PX as opposed to NHL.com? I would say 100% yes, it makes a difference. The customization is vinyl garbage that will wear poorly and doesn't even look good before that. 

My goal will be to get a blank and have it professionally done, I think I still prefer EPS if they'll do it, PX can do my Canadian ones when they become available. 

59 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I pressed on it and there was a hard layer beneath, so I surmise it's a separate piece of material sandwiched between the other layers of the crest. 

Thank you, good sir!

1 hour ago, lhg39 said:

I would go for cheap end game worns if you must have them. From your description it doesn't sound like I would be very happy with these.

I'd rather have a clean one of these and just wait until Canadian ones are made available. 

35 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Thank you, good sir!

You are quite welcome. 

In all, I am really disappointed more with the crap customizing from NHL.com. I wish I had been online early enough and could have grabbed a blank, I would have kept it. Instead I will just have to wait. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

PX as opposed to NHL.com? I would say 100% yes, it makes a difference. The customization is vinyl garbage that will wear poorly and doesn't even look good before that. 

My goal will be to get a blank and have it professionally done, I think I still prefer EPS if they'll do it, PX can do my Canadian ones when they become available. 

Thanks!

I am a little hesitant with EPS because I am just worried they will put EPS font in it even if I request they do the newer "skinnier" font that PX uses.  It would bother the cr@p out of me if they did that.

4 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Thanks!

I am a little hesitant with EPS because I am just worried they will put EPS font in it even if I request they do the newer "skinnier" font that PX uses.  It would bother the cr@p out of me if they did that.

If that is a concern then I wouldn't go with EPS. I don't imagine they are going to be super anxious to replicate the sh!ttier, less good font of the place that "stole" their contract. 

Thank you @mfitz804 that is very much appreciated. The more detailed info/pics I can see, the better. It's impossible for me to see these up close so thank you again.

I was pleasantly surprised, but I'll say likely not surprised enough to buy one unless the place I can buy them at for a discount has blanks.

If the on-ice models become available though...I'll likely be all over it.  I REALLY like the dimpling up on the shoulders.  Such a cool detail - and I love how it translates onto their other apparel items like the hats and jackets.

Edited by blurryhaze312

8 hours ago, LAK74 said:

The jersey fabric is used as it's own layer of material in the construction of the crest(s)

So in this case, white twill base, red fabric, black kiss cut.

thanks for the review - kind of confirmed what I suspected.  If I eventually bite the bullet I definitely will not be buying a pre-customized one.  Instead I'll have it sent out.

Im actually probably in the minority but I like all the reviews stating that it's a little slimmer fitting than the 2.0s, especially in the sleeves - I only wear these jerseys when I go to games so it feels a little more normal to me when my arms aren't floating in huge/short sleeves.

I am still holding out though.  Want to be able to use a discount code, even if I have to wait s while.  I think it took MLB quite a while to allow FlexBase jerseys to be purchased with a discount code (at least an entire season I believe).

16 minutes ago, SirBrad said:

thanks for the review - kind of confirmed what I suspected.  If I eventually bite the bullet I definitely will not be buying a pre-customized one.  Instead I'll have it sent out.

Im actually probably in the minority but I like all the reviews stating that it's a little slimmer fitting than the 2.0s, especially in the sleeves - I only wear these jerseys when I go to games so it feels a little more normal to me when my arms aren't floating in huge/short sleeves.

I am still holding out though.  Want to be able to use a discount code, even if I have to wait s while.  I think it took MLB quite a while to allow FlexBase jerseys to be purchased with a discount code (at least an entire season I believe).

These jerseys were purchase-able with a discount code, I got 10% off on mine. 

This is Fanatics right? Assume holiday sale?

MLB has 10-25% off everything deals somewhat regularly. Can't imagine the Adizeros won't be discounted for the holiday season at least once.

luckily I still need additional Edges so I won't be participating.

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

I just got my Flyers and Avs jerseys in. 

I'll reserve complete judgement until I could hold a on-ice jersey in my hands but hot these jerseys are basically Premiers in both weight and material.

I'll hold onto them simply because the Avs switched styles and I want a Patrick jersey this year.  

But early returns show that the Indo-Edge was nicer.

Edited by Hollywood Cannon

On 9/20/2017 at 10:26 AM, mfitz804 said:

CUSTOMIZATION:

This is where they lost me. Single layer, two color vinyl garbage. 

37155351486_b1cf855641_b.jpg

Had the customization been better, I would be happy to keep it at the price. But not as is, its going back. 

Overall, I would say that despite it not being an "on-ice" jersey, it looks good and the quality is better than I thought. I would add a blank when they become available. 

This varies from team to team.  Every team has the option of ordering pre-customized ones through Adidas, just as they did with Reebok, and they'll be the same as what goes through the NHL.com online shop.  Some do it, some don't.

I can tell you that Columbus has ones that are properly done: sublimated with actual perforated twill instead of everything being screened.  Just like how they always had stacked twill on the Reebok ones, and the CCM/Koho before that.

On 9/20/2017 at 10:45 AM, LAK74 said:

There's a base layer of twill that everything - jersey fabric included - goes on top of.

Received my Vegas Golden Knights home jersey today.

The gold material is very shiny and unique texture.

the Adidas "button" on bottom left is removable. It was sewn on so just needed a seam ripper.

4 minutes ago, RT33Pens said:

Received my Vegas Golden Knights home jersey today.

The gold material is very shiny and unique texture.

the Adidas "button" on bottom left is removable. It was sewn on so just needed a seam ripper.

Did it come off perfectly clean? Can you show me a picture? I want to do it but only if you can't tell. I removed the jock tag from a Premier once and the outline never went away. 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Did it come off perfectly clean? Can you show me a picture? I want to do it but only if you can't tell. I removed the jock tag from a Premier once and the outline never went away. 

Not perfectly, outline still visible up close. different colors will show better or worse from a distance

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I removed mine. There is a bit of adhesive holding it down but it came off clean and didn't leave behind any residue. Hit it with some steam and you can't tell anything was ever there. 

V0WSH3S.jpg

Mine are staying on for the time being, I don't want an issue with resale when an avenue of acquiring Canadian made jerseys pops up.