In-hand reviews of the new Adizero Indo Jersey

mfitz804

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how much stock to put into this but listening to local sports radio on the way home from work today I heard Craig Button mention that he's heard a lot of the players absolutely hate the new adidas jerseys because they fit too tight.  Button used to work for the Stars and should have a lot of connections in the NHL to hear this kind of stuff.

33 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Not sure how much stock to put into this but listening to local sports radio on the way home from work today I heard Craig Button mention that he's heard a lot of the players absolutely hate the new adidas jerseys because they fit too tight.  Button used to work for the Stars and should have a lot of connections in the NHL to hear this kind of stuff.

Wouldn't surprise me. Sounds similar to Reebok Edge jerseys when they first came out. Players hated the material because it didn't ventilate. Reebok avoided commentary and suddenly teams were wearing 2.0's. Clearly airknit is the preferred jersey material of players along with a wider fit, and obviously Adidas (like Reebok), didn't care when they "revolutionized" NHL jerseys. I wonder how long until we see Adizero 2.0 jerseys on our HD TVs. 

Edited by Van67

55 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Been waiting for that. Still, it's not verified yet but, I wouldn't be at all surprised. 

14 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

When they interviewed Eric Fehr during the season opener he said he was having trouble keeping his jersey untucked because it was slim fit. 

4 hours ago, lhg39 said:

They only have the crappy Fanatics jerseys at Prudential Center.

That’s incorrect. I saw the Indo jerseys in the Devils Den and several other stands. The Fanatics stores only had the Fanatics. 

Edited by mfitz804

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s incorrect. I saw the Indo jerseys in the Devils Den and several other stands. The Fanatics stores only had the Fanatics. 

I went to the Devils Den and didn’t see any, but it was a real zoo.

It was a zoo.  They were on the left-hand side, after the cashiers, all the way toward the back. They had 46-56, both white and red. I saw nothing smaller or larger at any of the shops.

I saw a number of fans wearing them, but most people are still wearing their old stuff. I decided to time how long it was before I saw a properly customized Edge 2.0 other than my own (Hall #9, 100th patch). I quickly realized it would be a while, and it never happened, I never saw another one. Tons of Premiers, tons of fakes, and people wearing older retail authentics.

99% of the new ones people were wearing were Hischier #13, also saw two Schneiders, one Greene, and a handful of blanks. 

My other observation was how much time I (we) waste trying to achieve 100% accuracy, while other people are just shoving as many patches as they can onto one jersey. Saw a few with SCF patches plus the 100th patch from last/this year. Also people with “HALL” written on cardboard taped over the name on their Parise jersey, and a guy who put silver duct tape and wrote on it to turn his Kovalchuk into a Kovalsuck, which I rather enjoyed. Also saw one RANGERS SUCK and one FLYERS SUCK, which I wouldn't put on a jersey but I appreciated their spirit. 

The striping looks similar to me, except for the hem stripes on the Adidas, which are curved to follow the contour of the rounded hemline.

On 10/5/2017 at 9:06 PM, Van67 said:

Wouldn't surprise me. Sounds similar to Reebok Edge jerseys when they first came out. Players hated the material because it didn't ventilate. Reebok avoided commentary and suddenly teams were wearing 2.0's. Clearly airknit is the preferred jersey material of players along with a wider fit, and obviously Adidas (like Reebok), didn't care when they "revolutionized" NHL jerseys. I wonder how long until we see Adizero 2.0 jerseys on our HD TVs. 

From what it sounds like, the main complaint about them (if there truly are some from the players) is more with the cut than the material.  That's why I think if there is going to be a change it will be just a different cut rather than swapping both the materials and changing the cut and not as dramatic of a change as it was from Edge 1.0 to 2.0.

On 10/8/2017 at 2:41 AM, mfitz804 said:

It was a zoo.  Also people with “HALL” written on cardboard taped over the name on their Parise jersey, and a guy who put silver duct tape and wrote on it to turn his Kovalchuk into a Kovalsuck, which I rather enjoyed. Also saw one RANGERS SUCK and one FLYERS SUCK, which I wouldn't put on a jersey but I appreciated their spirit. 

Sweet, all of it........ just lame and insane that the rangers now have better looking jerseys than the Devils :rolleyes:

On 10/7/2017 at 8:41 PM, mfitz804 said:

It was a zoo.  They were on the left-hand side, after the cashiers, all the way toward the back. They had 46-56, both white and red. I saw nothing smaller or larger at any of the shops.

I saw a number of fans wearing them, but most people are still wearing their old stuff. I decided to time how long it was before I saw a properly customized Edge 2.0 other than my own (Hall #9, 100th patch). I quickly realized it would be a while, and it never happened, I never saw another one. Tons of Premiers, tons of fakes, and people wearing older retail authentics.

99% of the new ones people were wearing were Hischier #13, also saw two Schneiders, one Greene, and a handful of blanks. 

My other observation was how much time I (we) waste trying to achieve 100% accuracy, while other people are just shoving as many patches as they can onto one jersey. Saw a few with SCF patches plus the 100th patch from last/this year. Also people with “HALL” written on cardboard taped over the name on their Parise jersey, and a guy who put silver duct tape and wrote on it to turn his Kovalchuk into a Kovalsuck, which I rather enjoyed. Also saw one RANGERS SUCK and one FLYERS SUCK, which I wouldn't put on a jersey but I appreciated their spirit. 

Yeah it seems like some people just love doing that.  I guess it is their way of getting attention.

42 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Yeah it seems like some people just love doing that.  I guess it is their way of getting attention.

If me thinking they were dumbasses was the attention they wanted, they were successful. 

3 hours ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

Welcome to the Rock lol. Where were you sitting? If i had known you were going to the game, i would have definitely made it a point to say hi.  I wore the Lags you sold me, so i stayed true to leaving the game worns home! (although my husband wore one of his....).

We were able to match our pre-order and two more for other collectors, so the new Adidas jerseys are showing wear as expected.So this bodes well for game worn collectors.

As far as your observations, they are pretty much on the mark. Devils fans for the most part are terrible with jerseys. We probably pay more attention then we should with it, but it's noticeable if you know what you're looking at/for. They do put a lot of personal like into a jersey and the cost of accuracy. The ones who shove as many patches onto a jersey as possible i find silly. Especially when some of them line up all the cup patches on the bottom hem stripe or put patches on the shoulders. Some put single patches on jerseys that don't belong on certain styles or years, too. The Rangers Suck jerseys are just a waste (like all personal message/meaning jerseys are). The fan base thinks it's funny or clever, but it's too much energy spent on an inferiority complex they shouldn't have, Devils games are also knockoff show, but you probably could have figured that out pretty fast.....

Agree about the "inferiority complex" thing. At least make it directly about your team if you're going to do something like that. I do see it as a waste of a jersey. Though if it's a Premier or Fanatics then I'm not bothered. 

53 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Hey, at least you know “Rangers Suck” will never get traded.

Excuse me, our good players don't get "traded".

They leave for nothing to go home.

16 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

Excuse me, our good players don't get "traded".

They leave for nothing to go home.

Word. 

2 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

Hey, at least you know “Rangers Suck” will never get traded.

And to be fair they've had a very long career and it doesn't appear to be ending any time soon. 

Guest Dr_Puck

Has the topic of pilling come up with these yet? I found some at a store this weekend and like others, they felt like Premiers. The problem is that, among other things, the Premiers pill up easily. That alone will keep me from getting one. 

Just now, Dr_Puck said:

Has the topic of pilling come up with these yet? I found some at a store this weekend and like others, they felt like Premiers. The problem is that, among other things, the Premiers pill up easily. That alone will keep me from getting one. 

When I had one, the material looked like premier material but also felt thicker/stiffer (that's what she said) than Premier. I suspect it will hold up better. As I returned mine and am presently swaying a blank, I cannot say what will happen over time. 

Having seen people wearing these things, I have to say, they don' really fit the average person very well. I am not thrilled and do not plan on buying a closet full of them.