In-hand reviews of the new Adizero Indo Jersey

mfitz804

15 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

Hey, at least you know “Rangers Suck” will never get traded.

My brother, his son and I went to the Devils-Rangers preseason game at the Prudential Center last month.  Walking on the concourse was this guy who had what appeared to be a DCS jersey with 00 as the number and "Fvck the Rangers" as the name.  Classy.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

My brother, his son and I went to the Devils-Rangers preseason game at the Prudential Center last month.  Walking on the concourse was this guy who had what appeared to be a DCS jersey with 00 as the number and "Fvck the Rangers" as the name.  Classy.

Yep that about sums it up. 

8 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

There are now pairs of people where one wears a "Rangers Suck" jersey and the other a "Flyers Swallow" jersey. 

You'll also find people like this. They think it's just about the best idea ever put on jerseys.

Horrible idea to waste money on a jersey to do that, but its got an element of creativity to it that a lot of those type of jerseys do not. 

My favorite one shall forever always be:

WayneSimmondsTheBlackGuyJersey.jpg

Edited by mfitz804

15 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

The black guy jersey?

Are there also NFL and NBA jerseys that say the white guy?

If you were to make them, there would be. 

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

If you were to make them, there would be. 

Tried to make one on NBA store...got this message: 

THEWHITEGUY

We are unable to customize this item with the text you have entered. Please try a different entry again.

That´s racist!

Edited by tomtucker

It’s only racist if you try making The Black Guy on NHL.com and they let you. 

I can save you the time, I was able to add it to my cart. I even made him a captain.

16 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

When I had one, the material looked like premier material but also felt thicker/stiffer (that's what she said) than Premier. I suspect it will hold up better. As I returned mine and am presently swaying a blank, I cannot say what will happen over time. 

Having seen people wearing these things, I have to say, they don' really fit the average person very well. I am not thrilled and do not plan on buying a closet full of them. 

Is the fit comment about Indos, Fanatics or both? I'd presumed and perhaps wrongly that one of the few reasons Adidas (and Reebok for that matter) changed the cut of a hockey jersey was to improve the fit on a person not wearing equipment. I'm not at all convinced they did it in response to extensive player feedback and research.

I look more and more like I'm wearing equipment so it's less of an issue for me and I like to get jerseys that match players on ice sizes which makes them somewhat larger too. 

Edited by SoNowWhat?

10 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s only racist if you try making The Black Guy on NHL.com and they let you. 

I can save you the time, I was able to add it to my cart. I even made him a captain.

You did not make theblackguy Captain?! Now that is fu*king racist ! 

Shame on you and take a knee!

Make amends, you can start by donating your jersey collection to BLM and antifa 

3 hours ago, tomtucker said:

You did not make theblackguy Captain?! Now that is fu*king racist ! 

Shame on you and take a knee!

Make amends, you can start by donating your jersey collection to BLM and antifa 

I just said I did make him captain...

4 hours ago, SoNowWhat? said:

Is the fit comment about Indos, Fanatics or both? I'd presumed and perhaps wrongly that one of the few reasons Adidas (and Reebok for that matter) changed the cut of a hockey jersey was to improve the fit on a person not wearing equipment. I'm not at all convinced they did it in response to extensive player feedback and research.

I look more and more like I'm wearing equipment so it's less of an issue for me and I like to get jerseys that match players on ice sizes which makes them somewhat larger too. 

My comment was about Indos.

7 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Why are we talking about taking a knee in a jersey forum? Surely the point of the thread is to talk about jerseys, right? 

I think they're pulling your leg about taking a knee. Better a leg than a finger.

On 10/10/2017 at 7:04 AM, Dr_Puck said:

Has the topic of pilling come up with these yet? I found some at a store this weekend and like others, they felt like Premiers. The problem is that, among other things, the Premiers pill up easily. That alone will keep me from getting one. 

This would be my biggest concern as well. I'll always love the 2.0s but am always wary of wearing them outside/to games. Ideally the Adizero would be just for a "I'm going to a bar to watch the game" sort of thing, but I'd rather not spend money on something that'll look like a pilling mess. 

Edited by Kincaid521

19 minutes ago, Kincaid521 said:

This would be my biggest concern as well. I'll always love the 2.0s but am always weary of wearing them outside/to games. Ideally the Adizero would be just for a "I'm going to a bar to watch the game" sort of thing, but I'd rather not spend money on something that'll look like a pilling mess. 

Your 2.0 would fare better than the Adizero in my opinion. Every one in my collection still looks brand new after being worn out, including to games, and washed multiple times. 

I think the 2.0's fare very well. The Air-Knit on them isn't as snag/pill prone as the 1.0 bubble mesh/Xtrafil, and the stretch mesh on the back is basically spandex material that is really tough. 

Alright, finally got my Hischier from icejerseys today so I can actually speak on these with some firsthand experience. Probably not going too post pics cause I don't want anyone losing respect for me and calling me a filthy indo-lover, but whatever. I don't love it, but I don't hate it and I'm definitely keeping it and wearing it until I can get Canadian made versions. Fight strap is a joke, the fabric is obviously not built to be used in a game, and there's no reinforcement in the elbows or anywhere else.

With all that being said, it looks pretty good and honestly it's pretty comfortable to wear. Not 2.0 territory, but it's not like that one time I wore a premier that I try to forget about. And to everyone saying premier with a fight strap, I see where you're coming from, but I think it's a little disingenuous as these are quite a bit nicer in both quality and construction. Never had an indo edge, so not sure where those would fall in comparison.

Again, I'm not trying to talk these things up at all, but if you want a new design to wear/beat up in the meantime while we wait for the real deal, I don't think ~$250 for one of these is that insane.

Edited by JoeM7392

19 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

Alright, finally got my Hischier from icejerseys today so I can actually speak on these with some firsthand experience. Probably not going too post pics cause I don't want anyone losing respect for me and calling me a filthy indo-lover, but whatever. I don't love it, but I don't hate it and I'm definitely keeping it and wearing it until I can get Canadian made versions. Fight strap is a joke, the fabric is obviously not built to be used in a game, and there's no reinforcement in the elbows or anywhere else.

With all that being said, it looks pretty good and honestly it's pretty comfortable to wear. Not 2.0 territory, but it's not like that one time I wore a premier that I try to forget about. And to everyone saying premier with a fight strap, I see where you're coming from, but I think it's a little disingenuous as these are quite a bit nicer in both quality and construction. Never had an indo edge, so not sure where those would fall in comparison.

Again, I'm not trying to talk these things up at all, but if you want a new design to wear/beat up in the meantime while we wait for the real deal, I don't think ~$250 for one of these is that insane.

Very fair assessment, if you like the fit. Joe's a young whippersnapper in much better shape than yours truly, and as I mentioned either on this board or another, the better shape you are in, the better these things are going to look, they are a very athletic cut. 

Which I understand is ironic in that they are made FOR ATHLETES, but the cut is far more athletic than old CCM/6100's and even more so that the Edges. 

19 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Your 2.0 would fare better than the Adizero in my opinion. Every one in my collection still looks brand new after being worn out, including to games, and washed multiple times. 

I might just do that then. Not crazy about the current Ducks unis anyway, so thanks for the reassurance! Also for anyone interested, I wore my USA WCOH replica to the Isles-Ducks game last night and compared the material to the Adizero and it felt like the same stuff. I know it's been mentioned as a possibility but I would use that comparison more than the Adizero to a Premier. Doesn't appear to snag/pill like the Premiers.

46 minutes ago, Kincaid521 said:

I might just do that then. Not crazy about the current Ducks unis anyway, so thanks for the reassurance! Also for anyone interested, I wore my USA WCOH replica to the Isles-Ducks game last night and compared the material to the Adizero and it felt like the same stuff. I know it's been mentioned as a possibility but I would use that comparison more than the Adizero to a Premier. Doesn't appear to snag/pill like the Premiers.

And on top of what I said before, there's plenty of bargains to be had on 2.0's right now (not sure about the Ducks, just in general), which perhaps makes it more palatable to wear out without worrying. 

6 minutes ago, Jdems93 said:

So has anyone who purchased one of the adi-zero jersey tried to remove the little adidas bubble logo near the hem? 

To be honest, it’s so small and the jersey is already otherwise so inaccurate, I don’t think there’s much of a point in doing so. It’s not an improvement over having the tiny logo. 

That being said, I saw pictures (maybe in this thread) of two removed, one very clean and one leaving behind a little circle. 

That little black dot looks incrediblly out of place on the devils jerseys. If I didn't intend to resell these down the line I'd have already removed them.