In-hand reviews of the new Adizero Indo Jersey

mfitz804

1 hour ago, DJ Rhea said:

It was also a poor attempt at a Boondock Saints reference.

Ahh I see. I thought it was just one of those typical cases where I don’t understand what the hell you’re talking about.

:lol:

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

Do you want a Blue Peter badge or not

I’m still unsure if it’s a good thing or a bad thing. 

59 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

"How do you work so fast", he says. I think the answer is quite obvious: I don't have twins.

Yes, but in a few years I’ll have two employees 

1 hour ago, TMLFAN said:

Yes, but in a few years I’ll have two employees 

Ermagerdh!! I've been doing it wrong!!!

Long time lurker here but finally registered to post my commentary on the adidas jerseys.

my local jersey place now has a few different jerseys in. 

Adidas crested - Penguins, Flames and Oilers.

”On Ice” crested Oilers. 

I can definitely see the dissapointement some fans are seeing. 

The adidas cresting on the non perforated lettering is completely substandard. 

The adidas cresting on the perforated lettering is “nicer” then then non perforated but definitely not worth what they are selling for.

The combo that works for me at least on the oilers jersey is the on ice kit. Far far superior to what Adidas is selling. 

Now to the actual jerseys themselves. IMO the fight strap should be removed... if it’s not going to be anywhere near the on ice one then why bother? 

The flames and penguins jerseys to me are the same quality as the premiers. Nothing I would be jumping at.

The oilers jersey on the other hand is an upgrade in quality and detail. 

I have attached a picture to show the difference between the on ice and adidas cresting. 

89C60D5D-C151-49DF-8355-D1268BF20D72.jpeg

Edited by Mcmanus
Picture wouldn’t load

3 hours ago, furiousd said:

Which is which? I'm not sure I can tell.

On ice is on the left. Has the white under the perforatiotion. 

Some other differences I have noted:

The C on the front is better positioned on the “on ice” one.

The colour of the “on ice” kit is more of a navy blue vs the pre crested that is more black then blue.

The back name bar “on ice” is slightly taller and thinner.

Here you can see it better.. also can see the size difference in numbers used. On ice is on the right in this one

FFB2E995-EBC8-4721-BD00-63859BA1D26F.jpg

Edited by Mcmanus

5 hours ago, furiousd said:

Ah, thanks for the follow up. I thought the larger numbers were the on ice kit, but I wasn't sure why the dots looked white.

Yeah they’re supposed to look like that because of the material used. 

So I just received my second Rangers preseason jersey and I can honestly say that the on ice authentics are very nice. Very similar in material to the Edge 2.0. While I prefer the Reebok collar style, the new one is not as bad in person as in pictures, and the dimpled shoulder material is rally nice.

i also ordered a Flames Jagr IndoZero from Cool Hockey because I just “had to”have the latest style Jagr jersey. These jerseys are a lower quality, or at best no better, than the Reebok premiers. Essentially junk being passed off as authentics.

Lastly, I went to the Devils game last night and was able to check out the fanatics breakaway jerseys. The material feels very nice and the crest is soft and flexible.  The fit, though, is like a long sleeve shirt. There is much less room all around and the sleeves, even on a 2XL were quite tight. A 2XL Reebok premier s quite baggy, but wearable, on me. This is just not comfortable. I would need at least a 3XL and they did not have any larger than a 2X to try on in the stores at the arena that I checked out. On the whole, though I don’t like the cut, the material feels like a better quality than the retail IndoZero.

3 minutes ago, lhg39 said:

So I just received my second Rangers preseason jersey and I can honestly say that the on ice authentics are very nice. Very similar in material to the Edge 2.0. While I prefer the Reebok collar style, the new one is not as bad in person as in pictures, and the dimpled shoulder material is rally nice.

i also ordered a Flames Jagr IndoZero from Cool Hockey because I just “had to”have the latest style Jagr jersey. These jerseys are a lower quality, or at best no better, than the Reebok premiers. Essentially junk being passed off as authentics.

Lastly, I went to the Devils game last night and was able to check out the fanatics breakaway jerseys. The material feels very nice and the crest is soft and flexible.  The fit, though, is like a long sleeve shirt. There is much less room all around and the sleeves, even on a 2XL were quite tight. A 2XL Reebok premier s quite baggy, but wearable, on me. This is just not comfortable. I would need at least a 3XL and they did not have any larger than a 2X to try on in the stores at the arena that I checked out. On the whole, though I don’t like the cut, the material feels like a better quality than the retail IndoZero.

Interesting. I took advantage of 20% off on NHL.com and ordered a Fanatics replica for $100ish. I figured the Indo fit smaller, so I went up a size. Expecting it next week. 

I figure if it’s even a little ok, for $100 I’ll wear the crap out of it until Canadian authentic surface. Which was the same plan I had with the Indo, but this is much cheaper. 

5 hours ago, lhg39 said:

If you dont mind me asking where did you get the pre season jerseys? Ive been checking Steiner and havent come across them at all. 

2 hours ago, NYR14694 said:

If you dont mind me asking where did you get the pre season jerseys? Ive been checking Steiner and havent come across them at all. 

Rangers Steiner game used group on Facebook. Stuff is available there prior to website listing, sometimes substantially earlier.

Edited by lhg39

10 hours ago, lhg39 said:

Rangers Steiner game used group on Facebook. Stuff is available there prior to website listing, sometimes substantially earlier.

Thank you. Is it the actual steiner FB group? If not,  Do you have a link for the group? I spent 20 min looking on FB for the group and didnt come across it. 

What is your name, I can add you to the group.

it is called New York Rangers Collectors Corner, but I am not sure if you can just join yourself, you may need to be added by a member.

7 hours ago, lhg39 said:

What is your name, I can add you to the group.

it is called New York Rangers Collectors Corner, but I am not sure if you can just join yourself, you may need to be added by a member.

I found the group, you are right it is closed, but i was able to request to join. If theres any issues i will let you know. Thanks I appreciate it.

1 hour ago, NYR14694 said:

I found the group, you are right it is closed, but i was able to request to join. If theres any issues i will let you know. Thanks I appreciate it.

NP.

On 10/29/2017 at 1:50 PM, mfitz804 said:

Interesting. I took advantage of 20% off on NHL.com and ordered a Fanatics replica for $100ish. I figured the Indo fit smaller, so I went up a size. Expecting it next week. 

I figure if it’s even a little ok, for $100 I’ll wear the crap out of it until Canadian authentic surface. Which was the same plan I had with the Indo, but this is much cheaper. 

Aaaand nope, I'm returning it. 

The material feels like a mesh, very soft, it wouldn't hold up to gameplay but in my opinion both looks and feels nicer than the material of the Reebok Premier. 

But, without even unfolding it, I noticed it has a fully screen printed or sublimated one-layer crest (I never know the difference). The red part, which is supposed to match the jersey material, is printed to sort of look like the jersey material. Its awful.

I put it right back in the bag and sent it right back. I never even unfolded it, so i cannot speak to size/fit. 

EDIT:

I missed the mail pickup for today so I decided to open it back up and check it out further. 

The crest almost a metallic sheen to it:

38041472866_37e132f523_b.jpg

You can also see the mesh-iness of the fabric there as well. 

I figured I would throw it on as well, I typically wear a size XXL replica, but based on the Indos and comments I had seen online, I went up a size to a 3XL. I don't think it was necessary to do so, its probably a half size too big. But as I was planning on wearing this primarily for lounging around, that's not going to bother me, it'll be loose and comfortable.

I have reconsidered and I plan on keeping it. 

Has anyone heard anything about the difficulty or ease in removing the Fanatics jock tag? Preferably with pictures of the result?

Edited by mfitz804

Got a chance to look at the Oilers Fanatic jerseys up close yesterday. Everyone is open to their opinions but there is no way I would pay for a fanatic jersey instead of getting the Adidas Pro Authentic. 

The material is definitely more shirt then jersey, the shiny plastic cresting is also terrible. 

I get that these jerseys are supposed to be a "lower cost alternative" but in all honesty I wouldn't even spend $100 on one. 

I wore mine for about 3 minutes last night and was disgusted with myself. I don't know what made me think I'd ever be happy with it.

Presently investigating my return/exchange options. But I am not sure what to get. Only option from NHL.com is a pre-customized Indo Hall, which I already saw one of and was already not happy with as it had extremely cheap customization as per their usual. They haven't gotten blank Indos back in. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I wore mine for about 3 minutes last night and was disgusted with myself. I don't know what made me think I'd ever be happy with it.

Presently investigating my return/exchange options. But I am not sure what to get. Only option from NHL.com is a pre-customized Indo Hall, which I already saw one of and was already not happy with as it had extremely cheap customization as per their usual. They haven't gotten blank Indos back in. 

They're just so bad eh... The thing that surprised me was out of the people I saw yesterday at the Oilers game who had the newer jerseys I would say Fanatic jerseys was almost 1 to 3. Very surprised that the ratio was that high. 

1 hour ago, Mcmanus said:

They're just so bad eh... The thing that surprised me was out of the people I saw yesterday at the Oilers game who had the newer jerseys I would say Fanatic jerseys was almost 1 to 3. Very surprised that the ratio was that high. 

If I was not a jersey collector, I would see the appeal. The material is softer, lighter and more comfortable. Plus its $50 cheaper pre-discount. If I just wanted a jersey to wear and I didn't really care (like most fans), I would prefer the Fanatics version.