In-hand reviews of the new Adizero Indo Jersey

mfitz804

20 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

If I was not a jersey collector, I would see the appeal. The material is softer, lighter and more comfortable. Plus its $50 cheaper pre-discount. If I just wanted a jersey to wear and I didn't really care (like most fans), I would prefer the Fanatics version. 

Maybe as a casual fan who is going to a pub or wanting something they can wear every game sitting at home eating pizza/beer etc I would see the appeal. 

From a business perspective I also see why they wanted to introduce a lower price point jersey (to combat the fakes).

But personally I just can't get over how different it is for a $50 pre-discount price. I think I wouldn't have such a big issue with it if it was like half the price of the pro-authentic because quality wise that is how I feel it is. 

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Mcmanus said:

Maybe as a casual fan who is going to a pub or wanting something they can wear every game sitting at home eating pizza/beer etc I would see the appeal. 

From a business perspective I also see why they wanted to introduce a lower price point jersey (to combat the fakes).

But personally I just can't get over how different it is for a $50 pre-discount price. I think I wouldn't have such a big issue with it if it was like half the price of the pro-authentic because quality wise that is how I feel it is. 

That's fair. the Fanatics replicas should really cost no more than $99.99 pre-discount. The fact that one is $129 and one is $179 really doesn't make much sense. 

Also, a $129 uncustomized jersey is a step toward combatting fakes, but for $40 a fake comes fully customized. So is it really?

8 hours ago, Mcmanus said:

After spending 12 years in the business on the retail side, I can definitely see how Adidas and the bigger licensed sports retailers would think that the Fanatics replica would combat against counterfeit jerseys. I can see how they would think that because it is a very short-sighted notion that lacks complete understanding as to why fakes exist, thus a complete lack of understanding (or care) about what customers actually want. It's one of the reasons I left the industry. Sports retail (like all retail) used to be about the customer and now it's only about profit. 

Reality is that the Fanatics replica does nothing at all to combat fake jerseys. What does the customer looking at a "stitched jersey with fight strap" see? They see a game quality jersey. That is what they want. Reebok Premiers were $140 CDN when I finally left, and almost every day I would have a customer come in wearing their "real deal" that they got for $50 while we're selling crap for $140. Some very ignorant customers actually thought the Reebok Premiers were knockoffs because they don't have fight straps. That's an extreme example, but not bull**** either. Average fans who want the "real deal" and either can't or don't care to tell a fake from the real thing, will buy that $50 "stitched jersey with fight strap" before they buy a Fanatics replica. 

7 hours ago, Van67 said:

After spending 12 years in the business on the retail side, I can definitely see how Adidas and the bigger licensed sports retailers would think that the Fanatics replica would combat against counterfeit jerseys. I can see how they would think that because it is a very short-sighted notion that lacks complete understanding as to why fakes exist, thus a complete lack of understanding (or care) about what customers actually want. It's one of the reasons I left the industry. Sports retail (like all retail) used to be about the customer and now it's only about profit. 

Reality is that the Fanatics replica does nothing at all to combat fake jerseys. What does the customer looking at a "stitched jersey with fight strap" see? They see a game quality jersey. That is what they want. Reebok Premiers were $140 CDN when I finally left, and almost every day I would have a customer come in wearing their "real deal" that they got for $50 while we're selling crap for $140. Some very ignorant customers actually thought the Reebok Premiers were knockoffs because they don't have fight straps. That's an extreme example, but not bull**** either. Average fans who want the "real deal" and either can't or don't care to tell a fake from the real thing, will buy that $50 "stitched jersey with fight strap" before they buy a Fanatics replica. 

I understand why you left. A little part of me died reading that. 

So, as I posted a couple of weeks ago, the last time I was at Prudential center I tried on one of the breakaway jerseys that was labeled 2XL and the sleeves were a little tight and body fit more like a long sleeve t-shirt than a jersey. So, I decided to order a 3XL online using a coupon code, figuring it would fit a little roomier, like a traditional hockey jersey. Well, I could fit 2 of myself in that jersey. I am not sure if the 2 XL that I tried on was a mislabeled XL, or if the 3 XL was a mislabeled 4 XL, or maybe even both. On the way back it is, and I am done with these. Will stick with the game worn/issued.

On 11/7/2017 at 6:58 PM, Van67 said:

I think another huge aspect is that people are just trying to be part of the circus while it's hot, get in cheap and get out without a loss. While it doesn't necessarily make us bigger fans, a $250-400 jersey from JB likely shows commitment to a team for the long run, of course not always. 

But when you're trying to join a trendy bandwagon a $40 or less piece of junk jersey helps you look the part to 90% of fans, who wouldn't know that fake jerseys can also have fight straps. It's less of a cost when you're gonna get out once the team isn't hot.

i see it all over Chicago with Hawks and now Cubs jerseys.

59 minutes ago, lhg39 said:

So, as I posted a couple of weeks ago, the last time I was at Prudential center I tried on one of the breakaway jerseys that was labeled 2XL and the sleeves were a little tight and body fit more like a long sleeve t-shirt than a jersey. So, I decided to order a 3XL online using a coupon code, figuring it would fit a little roomier, like a traditional hockey jersey. Well, I could fit 2 of myself in that jersey. I am not sure if the 2 XL that I tried on was a mislabeled XL, or if the 3 XL was a mislabeled 4 XL, or maybe even both. On the way back it is, and I am done with these. Will stick with the game worn/issued.

I bought the 3XL without having tried on a 2XL, based on people saying online they ran smaller. It was pretty big. First jersey I ever tried on that had sleeves way too long for me. 

I have found that with a lot of manufacturers, there is a vast difference between a 2XL, which is the biggest "regular" size, and a 3XL, which is the smallest "big and tall" size. Its not like simply going up one size. I found that to be the case here. 

I also returned my 3XL. 

I will still say, though, that I greatly prefer the Fanatics material over Reebok Premier material. Of course, neither is close to the real thing. 

1 hour ago, lhg39 said:

Wait up...you're a Rangers fan, attending a game (or some other event) at the Rock, and you tried on a Devils jersey?

24 minutes ago, lhg39 said:

My son is a huge Devils fan. He says that since he was born in NJ he has to support the NJ team.

Well then despite your allegiances, somehow you are raising him right. :)

3 hours ago, tomtucker said:

Of course....... all Rangers fans are  secretly Devils fans, and wear Devil jerseys.........and womens underwear

Well...you're only human

I mean WTF?

On 11/7/2017 at 10:03 AM, Mcmanus said:

I wore a hawks 2.0 out in San Francisco last week to a lunch at a nicer place and all I could think about was dragging the sleeves through sauce. lol I was lifting my arms so high until I finally just rolled them up.

Its part of the experience.

My wife laughs at me because I refuse to eat anything with a jersey on.  I'll be watching the game, and if my wife make food, first thing I do is take my jersey off.  Once I'm done eating, I wash my face quick (just to make sure I didn't miss anything) and back on goes the jersey.

In fact, I don't think I have worn a jersey outside of my house in the last 5 years.  I'm to scared of what other people would do to the jersey.

Edited by spudrock512

7 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

I think another huge aspect is that people are just trying to be part of the circus while it's hot, get in cheap and get out without a loss. While it doesn't necessarily make us bigger fans, a $250-400 jersey from JB likely shows commitment to a team for the long run, of course not always. 

But when you're trying to join a trendy bandwagon a $40 or less piece of junk jersey helps you look the part to 90% of fans, who wouldn't know that fake jerseys can also have fight straps. It's less of a cost when you're gonna get out once the team isn't hot.

i see it all over Chicago with Hawks and now Cubs jerseys.

If there's one thing I will never understand with average fans who don't care where the jersey comes from, is how they don't even notice how horrible the fake jerseys look. I understand that some are better than others in terms of appearance, but so many have wrong colours, incorrect fonts that aren't even close, uneven striping, crooked names/numbers, etc, etc, etc. Maybe I notice it more as a Canucks fan as fake Canucks jerseys are among the worst in the league. They look like a 4 year-old drew on them with crayons. 

14 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

My wife laughs at me because I refuse to eat anything with a jersey on.  I'll be watching the game, and if my wife make food, first thing I do is take my jersey off.  Once I'm done eating, I wash my face quick (just to make sure I didn't miss anything) and back on goes the jersey.

In fact, I don't think I have worn a jersey outside of my house in the last 5 years.  I'm to scared of what other people would do to the jersey.

You are not alone! The paranoia of someone touching and soiling your jersey is real?

It is rare if I wear a jersey out of my home and if I do I find myself scouting the area I'm wearing it like an FBI agent looking for possible danger. Food hazards, possible people that could randomly walk up and touch it with dirty hands. Is this over the top? ?

These probably belong in the Jersey Collecting is a Disease thread, but I have similar fears about wearing my jerseys to games.  I'm always looking around for dirt and errant food that could get on me.  Even though I know most stuff would just wash right out.  And when I sit down, I try to make sure the back is flat.  Wouldn't wanna crease those numbers!  I have a problem...

Edit:  1337 posts. Nice.  Yes, I'm a nerd, too.

Edited by jsh139

21 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

I will actually remove my jersey before eating. Worst was last year in the playoffs ended up sitting next to a bunch of guys who did the full face paint thing. OT win everyone is celebrating, dude full of blue face paint plants is face on my shoulder. It took awhile to get every spec of that paint off my jersey. 

Got to try and see one of the new Canes jerseys at the store the other day. I didn’t mind the fabric and found it to be heavier then what I had been imagining it. The one I tried definitely fit tighter. Normally a 52 or 54 if I want some space but I would have to go with a 56 in Adidas. Interesting thing at the eye is they didn’t use the new Adidas customization. All customized jerseys were old school tackle twill. Not sure if that’s what the Canes wear on the ice. It made me think about getting one even if they never sell Canada mades.

One good thing I noticed is that I haven’t seen the new locker room button thing faked properly. Ebay fakes all have an embroidered logo on the jersey which makes it even easier to spot.

On 11/9/2017 at 2:53 PM, spudrock512 said:

lol... sounds like me. I have 1 Reebok premier jersey and I wear that thing to concerts n bars. only one I own, but I put it to good use. I have a 2.0 that I wear out on occasion as well, but that is mostly for wearing to games. they travel with me for work. 

the rest of my jerseys chill at home in my closet, safe and sound.... most of which I would be too nervous to wear to anything... so there they remain for me to gaze upon (when I am actually home, that is).