In-hand reviews of the new Adizero Indo Jersey

mfitz804

Reebok/Adidas didn’t learn their lesson with the indo-edge.  Just like with the indo-edge once the initial interest wears off retailers are going to have trouble moving these out for the $199 price tag their asking.  Just in the few months these have been out it has been very easy to buy these at below retail price, sometimes up to as much as 20-30% off.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, SirBrad said:

2 Penguins Adizero jerseys (50 and 54) just sold for an average of $90 (bid) on Ebay yesterday.

Nobody wants these apparently.  I feel like I should have bid on them at that price though.

I would be very concerned about the authenticity at that price and would not bid even if I was interested.

1 hour ago, lhg39 said:

I would be very concerned about the authenticity at that price and would not bid even if I was interested.

Legit Adidas blanks have been selling in the $110-$120 USD.. I did a search on sold Penguins jerseys and I can find one away jersey that is legit that sold for $75 everything else legit is over $100. 

I wonder if it is depending on the market. 

For example, if I was a fan of a team that didn't really change their jersey much I wouldn't be springing for a new Adidas. I would definitely go the reebok route. 

I know here in Edmonton jersey sales have been strong, but again there was a significant enough change to warrant getting the newer Adidas jersey. 

5 hours ago, Mcmanus said:

I wonder if it is depending on the market. 

For example, if I was a fan of a team that didn't really change their jersey much I wouldn't be springing for a new Adidas. I would definitely go the reebok route. 

I know here in Edmonton jersey sales have been strong, but again there was a significant enough change to warrant getting the newer Adidas jersey. 

That could be part of it. 

• 4 weeks later...

What is everyone's thoughts on the true sizing of these jerseys? 

I am 5'10 around 170lbs and originally purchased a 46 (not knowing it had the smaller logo) as I wore primarily a size Small in Reebok. I then had some resentment after figuring out that it had the smaller logo, even if it makes the jersey more piratical to wear (IE the crest sits nice when I am sitting). 

Having a seed of doubt in my mind over the past few months I decided that I would try a size 50 to see how it goes, IF it is a good fit I would buy one and try to offload my 46. 

Instead of buying a size 50 I actually managed to get a size 50 new with tags in a trade, but to me the jersey feels absolutely massive. Especially in the sleeves (length and width). Yet a lot of what I can find suggests "going a size up" in the jerseys. 

10 minutes ago, Mcmanus said:

What is everyone's thoughts on the true sizing of these jerseys? 

I am 5'10 around 170lbs and originally purchased a 46 (not knowing it had the smaller logo) as I wore primarily a size Small in Reebok. I then had some resentment after figuring out that it had the smaller logo, even if it makes the jersey more piratical to wear (IE the crest sits nice when I am sitting). 

Having a seed of doubt in my mind over the past few months I decided that I would try a size 50 to see how it goes, IF it is a good fit I would buy one and try to offload my 46. 

Instead of buying a size 50 I actually managed to get a size 50 new with tags in a trade, but to me the jersey feels absolutely massive. Especially in the sleeves (length and width). Yet a lot of what I can find suggests "going a size up" in the jerseys. 

I find them (at my size, anyway) to be about a size smaller in the body. The sleeves are exceptionally long, though I don't find them to be wide. I have pretty long arms (37" sleeve) so its tolerable for me, but they are still a bit long on me and I can see how they would be way too long on a lot of people. 

24 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I find them (at my size, anyway) to be about a size smaller in the body. The sleeves are exceptionally long, though I don't find them to be wide. I have pretty long arms (37" sleeve) so its tolerable for me, but they are still a bit long on me and I can see how they would be way too long on a lot of people. 

It's primarily the arm length that bothers me the most with the 50. The "cuff" sits almost at the bottom of my nuckles which is just odd. I have both Small and Medium reebok Premier's that are fine in length. I really wish they would have came out with a 48. 

You said it right there. Technically there is a size between the 46 and 50 (even if it’s not actually produced). 

Its funny how people have different preferences. I’m 5’9” 160 lbs and I won’t wear anything less than a 52 in Edge/Adidas. I like my jerseys big, with enough room to put a tshirt and sweatshirt under. Since these jerseys are more tailored to fit in the torso area, they don’t look as ridiculous when they’re too big. 

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

You said it right there. Technically there is a size between the 46 and 50 (even if it’s not actually produced). 

Its funny how people have different preferences. I’m 5’9” 160 lbs and I won’t wear anything less than a 52 in Edge/Adidas. I like my jerseys big, with enough room to put a tshirt and sweatshirt under. Since these jerseys are more tailored to fit in the torso area, they don’t look as ridiculous when they’re too big. 

i think you're right, and also, for those whose bodies are not tailored in the torso area, it makes even more sense. Every game I go to, I see guys walking around in jerseys that are way too small for their non-athletic physiques. At first I attributed it to people not knowing there was a size difference between Edge and their predecessors, but as time has gone on, I still see it all the time. I'm not quite sure what the issue is. 

It could be that fashion has just trended toward more tailored looks, but as a big guy myself, you still have to buy an appropriate size for your stature. 

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

I still find no issue wearing what I wear to games, thin hoodie and thin jacket under my 46. Mind you I have a very minimal walk outside eventually that walk will be entirely indoors. It just seems ridiculous to have such a huge gap between the 46 to 50. Having tried the 50 I couldn't even imagine how I would feel in a 52. 

51 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

i think you're right, and also, for those whose bodies are not tailored in the torso area, it makes even more sense. Every game I go to, I see guys walking around in jerseys that are way too small for their non-athletic physiques. At first I attributed it to people not knowing there was a size difference between Edge and their predecessors, but as time has gone on, I still see it all the time. I'm not quite sure what the issue is. 

It could be that fashion has just trended toward more tailored looks, but as a big guy myself, you still have to buy an appropriate size for your stature. 

There is tailored, and then there is belly chin hanging out of a premier jersey with arms at side.

If there were buttons on some of the jerseys people wear they'd be weapons.

1 hour ago, DJ Rhea said:

You are aware in the UK that isn't a viable option 

Their stores are full of fish and chips and posters of Harry Styles. 

• 1 month later...

Dont give in... #IJstrong

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2018 at 10:53 AM, JJM4 said:

Dont give in... #IJstrong

I caved. The in-hand reviews have been so bad that my expectations were very low. But I gotta say, I'm pleasantly surprised with the Hawks camo I picked up. It'll be just fine for a knock-around jersey to wear in town and take on the road.