The hideousness is here...

cheddarberg

HURRY UP AND GET YOUR BLANK FANATICS BRANDED REPLICA JERSEYS FOR A ONLY $130 BEFORE THEY'RE ALL GONE!!!!

http://shop.nhl.com/Detroit_Red_Wings_Jerseys/Mens_Detroit_Red_Wings_Fanatics_Branded_Red_Premier_Breakaway_Home_Jersey

-_-

7 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I can't wait to see a FanFlex Hawks crest.  I'm sure it'll be gorgeous.

That Jersey Assurance feature is kinda cool, I have to admit.

I'll second that. 

However, at $130 for quality I can only assume is inferior to the previous Reebok replicas..  This redefines rip off. 

And if the quality of customization is anything like the previous jerseys from shop.nhl.com, the jersey assurance will hold no value as they'll be replacing a one disappointing jersey with another one. 

7 minutes ago, lhg39 said:

Wow, and only $199.99 for a customized one with what looks like heat pressed vinyl numbers!

They're practically giving them away!!

:lol:

ff_2818950alt8_full.jpg&w=600

There's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

"if anything EVER happens to your jersey..." 

The actual program states " Your jersey is covered under Jersey Assurance for 90 days following your purchase. For player movement claims, you have 14 days to file a claim after the movement is officially announced by team or league. "

I couldn't find a link to the actual policy on Jersey Assurance. Do you have one? 

The text in the ice,m listings seems to imply you can do it at any time, which makes zero sense. What if a guy plays for the team for 20 years and then retires, they would replace a 20 year old jersey?

Something is better than nothing, but if its 90 days, they should be very up front about it.

17 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I couldn't find a link to the actual policy on Jersey Assurance. Do you have one? 

The text in the ice,m listings seems to imply you can do it at any time, which makes zero sense. What if a guy plays for the team for 20 years and then retires, they would replace a 20 year old jersey?

Something is better than nothing, but if its 90 days, they should be very up front about it.

It is if the player is traded within 90 days of purchase. 

Would have been good for Ryan Callahan after the Winter Classic for example.

http://www.fanatics.com/pages/Jersey_Assurance

1 hour ago, Hollywood Cannon said:

ff_2818950alt8_full.jpg&w=600

There's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

"if anything EVER happens to your jersey..." 

The actual program states " Your jersey is covered under Jersey Assurance for 90 days following your purchase. For player movement claims, you have 14 days to file a claim after the movement is officially announced by team or league. "

Wish they did that for game worns. Two players got traded about a week after I received their jerseys last season. ?

Its a very interesting program. but they should advertise it correctly.

It also covers permanent damage occurring in the first 90 days; given how prone to pulling the Premiers were, that is a real possibility. But I wonder what they would consider "permanent damage".

Interesting also that it does not include number changes within the same team. 

With the Indos costing $180, I don't see who would buy one of these for $140. But if that's what you want to do, knock yourself out. 

Awesome.  Now when some idiot says the Chinese knockoffs are better than the legit jerseys he will now be right.

Just now, Devilsguy said:

Awesome.  Now when some idiot says the Chinese knockoffs are better than the legit jerseys he will now be right.

i hadn't considered that but its probably true!

36 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Except these at least have the right colors. Knockoffs get so many things wrong, at least the Hawks ones that I've seen. 

Unless creased emlems and puffy, wrinkled numbers are your thing.

So in Cdn funds this Fanactics jerseys comes in at about $170.  Why the hell would you buy that when you can get the "authentic" adizero right of adidas.ca for $30 more?  Am I missing something?

11 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

So in Cdn funds this Fanactics jerseys comes in at about $170.  Why the hell would you buy that when you can get the "authentic" adizero right of adidas.ca for $30 more?  Am I missing something?

Jersey Assurance?

:)

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Its a very interesting program. but they should advertise it correctly.

It also covers permanent damage occurring in the first 90 days; given how prone to pulling the Premiers were, that is a real possibility. But I wonder what they would consider "permanent damage".

Interesting also that it does not include number changes within the same team. 

With the Indos costing $180, I don't see who would buy one of these for $140. But if that's what you want to do, knock yourself out. 

4 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

Not wanting to take the mickey out of anyone for not having the same standards as me when it comes to hockey jerseys (first world problems), but this has been the main question for me ever since the pricing was announced. Why would you not go for the Indo? Because it's "scratchy" compared to faeco-flex? I think my epidermis can take it.

And $70 for second rate customisation? Shame NHL, shame on you. 

Edited by SoNowWhat?

5 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

Yes, you're missing an overpriced "Breakaway" Fanatics jersey in your closet!!

And a dent in your bank account.

Edited by cheddarberg

F##K Fanactics they are nothing but money crapping crooks . I think the WORLD CUP jerseys there were more than they said as you see a ton of game issued up know on eBay . 

Edited by cowboys

7 minutes ago, galvinwong said:

Hm..

I thought it looked a little more like poo..