NHL on TV

AParrotLooksAt40

Does anyone have a somewhat affordable way to get most, if not all, their teams games? I feel like my local channels aren't carrying nearly as many games as usual, and I'm wondering what else I can do besides getting a pricey cable sports package. Anyone use Sling TV, or something like that? Other recommendations aside from leaving the house with a newborn to head to a game or bar?

looking at specifically the Hawks, if that matters.

i already have Amazon prime for movies and shows, so I'm talking just sports access.

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

Well, it sounds like your local to Chicago, so NHL.tv would be out.

Sling may only carry the same channels. What channels do you not get that you need in order to get the games? CSN Chicago? NBC Sports? NHL Network?

I will stick with the sports package we can get in Ontario 39.00 bucks a month for 6 months ,every hockey game ,football and any other sport you want to watch 

5 hours ago, vadarx said:

What channels do you have right now? Seems like you should get most, if not all, of the 'hawks games as is....

Local only. I'm using an HD antenna. 

8 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Local only. I'm using an HD antenna. 

I see.... yeah, probably gonna have to stream games as nhltv won't work locally... if you get on the 'hawks board people post links for most if not all the games in the game day threads. 

4 hours ago, vadarx said:

I see.... yeah, probably gonna have to stream games as nhltv won't work locally... if you get on the 'hawks board people post links for most if not all the games in the game day threads. 

Hawks board? Do tell.

• 2 years later...
7 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

So Sling TV just dropped NBC Sports Chicago.

considering Hulu Live. 

Any Hawks fans watching this way? Other teams?

that sucks. right before the season....

as I previously stated, if you don't mind watching on the computer (or streaming from it to the tv), there are usually at least a couple guys in the game day threads on the 'hawks board that post links to watch the games for free. some of em can be a little sketchy though, lol. 

5 hours ago, vadarx said:

that sucks. right before the season....

as I previously stated, if you don't mind watching on the computer (or streaming from it to the tv), there are usually at least a couple guys in the game day threads on the 'hawks board that post links to watch the games for free. some of em can be a little sketchy though, lol. 

I'm not opposed to this, but I tend to prefer reliability lol. 

I may end up just going the Hulu live route. They carry all the sports networks including local plus all the original content. Almost twice the price per month of Sling, but without local sports I don't have a reason for a tV package.

Go Hawks! 

NHL app plus VPN is my go to. Works out to be $15 per month for the season and I get all the out of market games and can replay any of them at any time from any device. 

Edited by AlereFlammam

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2017 at 1:52 PM, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Does anyone have a somewhat affordable way to get most, if not all, their teams games? I feel like my local channels aren't carrying nearly as many games as usual, and I'm wondering what else I can do besides getting a pricey cable sports package. Anyone use Sling TV, or something like that? Other recommendations aside from leaving the house with a newborn to head to a game or bar?

looking at specifically the Hawks, if that matters.

i already have Amazon prime for movies and shows, so I'm talking just sports access.

There are live stream links online. Check those out if you don't want to pay. 

Locally where I'm at, there are no hockey teams within 6 hr drive, so I typically watch whatever is on NBCSN or FSN. That or I listen to the Penguins games on the iHeartRadio app. It sucks, but it is what it is, all I can do. 

If you have a smart TV you can do the Hulu live tv.  I think its $45.  

If you dont have a smart TV you can do the same thing, but download the NBC "My Teams" app, they will ask for your cable provider, enter hulu, and you are good except for nationally televised games.  This option will have to either be watched from a phone or other device, or get an hdmi cable that is compatible with your device and you can connect it to your TV.

Edited by DMadole

On 11/7/2019 at 9:46 AM, DMadole said:

If you have a smart TV you can do the Hulu live tv.  I think its $45.  

If you dont have a smart TV you can do the same thing, but download the NBC "My Teams" app, they will ask for your cable provider, enter hulu, and you are good except for nationally televised games.  This option will have to either be watched from a phone or other device, or get an hdmi cable that is compatible with your device and you can connect it to your TV.

I opted for exactly this a couple weeks ago. I use Hulu via Roku and the MyTeams app when needed. About $20 more per month than Sling was, unfortunately.

• 4 weeks later...

I believe that the Hawks, Bulls, and White Sox all own a part of NBCSN Chicago along with Comcast. So the odds of them moving off of that channel anytime soon is highly unlikely. From what I've read on some satellite sites, when the Cubs opted out, Comcast gave a bigger piece to the other teams to make sure they kept them.