Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spudrock512

1995-2000 Washington Capitals Blue Color Help

14 posts in this topic

Is there another team that used the same blue color as the Capitals "Screaming Eagle" Blue airknit jersey?  Does the St Louis Blues jersey match the Capitals color, or is it a complete unique blue color from any other team?  I need to match a nameplate, but I want to make sure I get a matching one.

Thanks for the help!

Brent

Edited by spudrock512
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was a pretty unique color. I don't think Atlanta was the same. Colorado looks close, but that was an Edge jersey.

I guess I'm not much help...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how well the fabric colors compare to the RGB values, but per ColorWerx, the Capitals' screaming eagle-era blue is the same shade of blue (35/97/146 RGB, 236192 Hex) that the Avalanche have been using since they moved. The info that ColorWerx gets for the colors' RGB values comes from the teams' style guides, IIRC.

Edited by TheKevinShow
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the help - sounds like that is going to be tough to find, so Keener or EPS might be the route I have to go.  Which leads me to this (and I know there is a separate thread for this, but...) who would you get on this jersey, Bondra or Oates, if I make a 97-98 Stanley cup patched jersey?

Bondra scored 52 goals that year.

Oates is considered a top 100 player of all time.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Thanks for the help - sounds like that is going to be tough to find, so Keener or EPS might be the route I have to go.  Which leads me to this (and I know there is a separate thread for this, but...) who would you get on this jersey, Bondra or Oates, if I make a 97-98 Stanley cup patched jersey?

Bondra scored 52 goals that year.

Oates is considered a top 100 player of all time.

Oates 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oates. Not only a great hockey player but also great when he was in that band with Taylor Hall in the 80's. 

 

EDIT: it has come to my attention those may not be the same guys. ;)

Edited by mfitz804
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could also put a 96-97 "JB" Patch if you don't want to put a Stanley Cup Patch on it.

Definitely Oates

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spudrock512 said:

Is there another team that used the same blue color as the Capitals "Screaming Eagle" Blue airknit jersey?  Does the Blue jersey match the Capitals color, or is it a complete unique blue color from any other team?  I need to match a nameplate, but I want to make sure I get a matching one.

Thanks for the help!

Brent

Same fabric color for both Caps and Avs

 

 

Edited by HannuVirta
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Oates. Not only a great hockey player but also great when he was in that band with Taylor Hall in the 80's. 

 

EDIT: it has come to my attention those may not be the same guys. ;)

Please, say it isn't so. I can't go for that, sounds like you're out of touch. One on one Bondra v Oates...yeah it's Oates. I'd have did it in a minute. 

 

 

...*ahem* rich girl. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buncha a******* trying to ruin a classic Caps jersey.

1 hour ago, cowboys said:

Oates

Favorite Team(s):Flyers

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Oates.

Favorite Team(s):New Jersey Devils

1 hour ago, classichockeyjerseys said:

Definitely Oates

Favorite Team(s):Rangers

57 minutes ago, SoNowWhat? said:

yeah it's Oates. I'd have did it in a minute. 

Favorite Team(s):Penguins

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Favourite sport(s): Ice Hockey. 

 

Also, my grammar isn't that bad without being deliberate. 

Edited by SoNowWhat?
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, guam64 said:

Buncha a******* trying to ruin a classic Caps jersey.

Favorite Team(s):Flyers

Favorite Team(s):New Jersey Devils

Favorite Team(s):Rangers

Favorite Team(s):Penguins

Fine, just make it a Jagr to make him happy. Or whatever passes for happy in his world. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bengt Gustafsson or Yvon Labre.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Fine, just make it a Jagr to make him happy. Or whatever passes for happy in his world. 

tenor.gif

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0