Devils retro Edge 2.0 Jersey Foul?

Van67

I found what I see as a steal on MeiGray... Devils retro Edge 2.0. It's an extra team-issue that was never actually sent to the team. You can see in pics that the Reebok wordmark is sewn over the old Reebok logo. 

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=6885502&catLevel=1&scLevel=0&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=57411&catParentID=57411&scId=57411

While it is a jersey from 2012, just with the Reebok logo covered for the wordmark, does anyone think it would be a jersey foul to customize it with Jagr and a 2014 Stadium Series patch? My instinct is no, but as a bit of an old-school jersey guy and authentic jerseys today not actually being authentic, the fakes out there, etc, I just don't know anymore!

It would be a stretch to call it a foul just on the basis of the patched over vector, but if you are particular about other details, the Stadium Series NHL shield collar patch is the Lextra one, whereas the one on the MeiGray jersey is the older hard shield.

I noticed that too about the shield patch, but looking around for the correct Stadium Series jersey, I can get a Jagr for near $500 CDN, so I don't think I'll feel too bad if I turn this into one. Who else but detailed collectors like ourselves will ever notice? 

EDIT: Discovered browsing MeiGray that the Devils used a few of those old retro jerseys (with the Reebok wordmark sewn over the vector and older non-Lextra NHL shield) as recently as last season with the NHL 100th patch on the sleeve. Seems the fringe players had old jerseys prepared for them if they got into the lineup. If the team was using and altering old stock to issue jerseys for more recent specifications, I don't feel bad doing it either lol. 

Edited by Van67

I wouldn’t feel bad about doing it. If you want to be hyper specific, they wore regular Wordmarks and not patched over, and as pointed out, with the Lextra shield. 

But patched over wordmark would be close enough for me. 

I think if Jagr played for your team (and odds are he did), you have to have your team’s Jagr. 

Figuring this out made me pull mine down from sale. 

I must say as a Canucks fan, Jagr signing with Calgary leaves a sour taste in my mouth with my plans for this Devils jersey.... but I also don't believe Jagr is being signed for anything other than a minor role on the ice and to make sure fans frustrated with the arena bull**** buy tickets this season. My exception to Canucks NHL jerseys are my favourite legends. Jagr Devils jersey will still happen lol 

16 minutes ago, Van67 said:

I must say as a Canucks fan, Jagr signing with Calgary leaves a sour taste in my mouth with my plans for this Devils jersey.... but I also don't believe Jagr is being signed for anything other than a minor role on the ice and to make sure fans frustrated with the arena bull**** buy tickets this season. My exception to Canucks NHL jerseys are my favourite legends. Jagr Devils jersey will still happen lol 

Your future, should you accept it:

37273937501_4be989a350_b.jpg

36564089994_2c10422839_b.jpg

Indos don't have "Made in Canada" tags.  :)

5 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Indos don't have "Made in Canada" tags.  :)

These had the green neck tape despite being made in Canada. 

That was not directed at you LAK.

Edited by mfitz804

2 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

I see, thanks for the info..... but why would the company in Canada have that green tape.

How can we be sure they are not made in indonesia and then had a Made in Canada tag sewn in? 

Because some of the game-worn jerseys of that design had the green tape. No one knows why. That picture is a team-issue jersey so it’s for all intents and purposes the same quality as a gamer. 

Edited by TheKevinShow

18 hours ago, tomtucker said:

I see, thanks for the info..... but why would the company in Canada have that green tape.

How can we be sure they are not made in indonesia and then had a Made in Canada tag sewn in? 

TT, many 2.0's (especially special event ones like Stadium Series, All-Stars, etc.) had green neck tape with just "Reebok" on it.  You are confusing this green tape with the green Indo one that says "Reebok" plus "Made in Indonesia" in English/French/Spanish, and also a bar with the number size shown 3 times.  Also, Reebok Indos don't have Lextra NHL shields, they have the hard shields used on the Premiers.  

Edited by LAK74