NIKE JERSEY DIFFERENCE/ REAL OR IMAGINED?

ICEMANCAT

Hello everyone I had a question about authentic Nike jerseys. I noticed that Nike had these two different tags sewn on the interior below the Nike tag. 

1. The first tag was an "Authentic Center Ice" tag also found on CCM jerseys throughout the 90's. 

2. The second tag is a "double NHL logo" tag that sat below the Nike one. 

I am assuming the tags were sewn on in various years. My question is has anyone noticed a difference in quality dependent on the tag? It seems to me (by looking at pictures only admittedly) that the "Authentic Center Ice" worn throughout the 90's carried a higher quality than the "double NHL logo" tag. I am basing this off of pictures where it seems like the shoulder area on the "Authentic Center Ice" is shiner and made of a higher quality fabric than the "double NHL logo". 

Does anyone have any experience with these two different types of Nike's? Unfortunately the site won't let me post anymore pictures for comparison. 

Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 4.49.18 PM.png

Edited by ICEMANCAT

57 minutes ago, ICEMANCAT said:

I am assuming the tags were sewn on in various years.

You are correct here.  The smaller Center Ice tag was used in Nikes from 1996-98, while the one with the double NHL logo was used only in 1998-99.  On Nike jerseys that I've seen, I have never noticed any difference in quality between jerseys from those different time periods.  However, if you are specifically referring to a particular jersey style like the Sharks alternate you pictured, I couldn't say for sure that there were no differences between the 97/98 and 98/99 models.

I took a quick look at some photos of Nike Sharks gamers in that style between 1997/98 and 1998/99.  At least in the pictures, I couldn't see any significant difference in the sleeve material between those seasons.  They all seemed to be made of the same shiny "dazzle"-type fabric.  However, when you look at gamers from 2000 and on, when CCM and Koho made them, the sleeve material changed to airknit, which is much rougher and duller than the shiny stuff used in the Nikes.

Yeah, I think the dazzle fabric is more a style trend than an indicator of quality. Ca. 2000 several other teams like the Blues, Capitals, Penguins and Predators used it on their jerseys, and then teams eventually began going back to the flat airknit. I always liked the shiny fabric as an accent, it gave some diversity of texture.