Sewing on patches help!

Hey all I’m looking to put the 25th anniversary patch on my sharks edge 2.0 I just got it signed by Hertl at last nights game so I’m wary of sending it back to actionspot sports to have them sew on the patch. Do you prefer to have the official customizers sew on special patches like this or would you recommend taking it somewhere locally? Thanks in advance!

8 minutes ago, furiousd said:

If you don't know someone who sews, just find a local seamstress.  Sending a jersey out just for a patch sounds like a big waste of money to me. 

Yup. Show them an example of zig zag stitching, any tailor or seamstress should be able to do it. The main difficulty they would have would be getting it in the exact right place. 

Of course, I say this having sent jerseys to EPS for a patch attachment before, but usually its with other stuff. I've also relied upon the kindness of others. :)

I would just press the patch on myself, so it would be exactly where I wanted it, and then have a local professional (tailor, customizing house, etc.) stitch it on.

23 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I would just press the patch on myself, so it would be exactly where I wanted it, and then have a local professional (tailor, customizing house, etc.) stitch it on.

Exactly what I would suggest. I'm not sure why I failed to do so in my previous response. 

Works for me.

Iron on the hottest setting with full steam works the best for me.  Remember to put a white t shirt or piece of cloth on top of the patch and don’t touch the iron directly to the patch or jersey.