Going up a size

AParrotLooksAt40

Has anyone regretted buying a jersey that was one size larger than they'd really want? I don't need anything bigger than a 54 for my needs but may want a jersey I can only find in 56, Edge 2.0. 

Will a 56 look sloppy large on me if a 54 is on the larger side of "just right?"

im also a little worried sleeve length will be annoying.

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

4 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Does the 54 fit you like you could get pads underneath? Mine almost does.

I have never worn pads, but I believe yes.

To me there is very small difference between 54 and 56 in the Edge 2.0.  As most have said I can wear anything from a 54-58 in edge and I prefer them bigger so i like 58.  If it's something you really want and have been looking for I'd go for it in the 56. It won't look sloppy at all.  Hockey jerseys are meant to be big.

Edited by Hawks2797

I had similar question, so I'll put it here. I like 54 in Edge 2.0 but I have to decide between 52 and 56 for the jersey I want to get next. I have a 56 so I know what that's like. Is 52 considerably smaller than 54?

The Edge 2.0 sizing is so inconsistent that I don't think you can tell a difference most of the time between a 54-56 and sometimes a 56-58.  I have 54's that fit bigger then some 56's and some 56's that fit the same as some 58's.  I've also found that in Blue Jackets jerseys, for whatever reason, the white and 3rd jerseys run smaller then the home jerseys.    

15 hours ago, Van67 said:

I had similar question, so I'll put it here. I like 54 in Edge 2.0 but I have to decide between 52 and 56 for the jersey I want to get next. I have a 56 so I know what that's like. Is 52 considerably smaller than 54?

Of the ones I have seen a 52 is significantly smaller than a 54. I can wear a 54 very comfortably, while a 52 is tight on me. 

I wear a 58+. I have tried a 58 that fit, and one that was not past my belly button. So I don't think there's any way to know for sure without trying it. 

In pre-Edge sizes, I prefer a 56 but have worn a 58 also, no issue. 

19 hours ago, galvinwong said:

I prefer 52/54 but I've got a couple of 60s and they're still manageable. I'm also 6'1" so I guess it helps hide the extra length.

I'm 6'3/205 but wouldn't want it too baggy. The body length isn't what I am worried about, but I wouldn't want sleeves and body width to be excessive. 

3 hours ago, bluejacket said:

The Edge 2.0 sizing is so inconsistent that I don't think you can tell a difference most of the time between a 54-56 and sometimes a 56-58.  I have 54's that fit bigger then some 56's and some 56's that fit the same as some 58's.  I've also found that in Blue Jackets jerseys, for whatever reason, the white and 3rd jerseys run smaller then the home jerseys.    

I noticed the same thing between the Hawks home and '17 WC. The WC is noticeably shorter in body.

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

8 hours ago, lhg39 said:

Of the ones I have seen a 52 is significantly smaller than a 54. I can wear a 54 very comfortably, while a 52 is tight on me. 

I went with the 56 just to be safe. I'd rather be a little big than too small.