What year is this photo from?

tomtucker

Thanks for the info

So they were not worn in game?

That is insane .......because that jersey and it's black counterpart shi!ts all over their current set, and of course the previous edge jerseys.

Guess they will be 3rd jerseys next season?

Edited by tomtucker

That's actually from 1993. Most people don't realize that Stamkos was a super-baby who had the strength of one hundred regular babies. Therefore, enabling him to play in the NHL at the age of two. The haircut gives it away, doesn't it? What grown man would wear that? He looks like Ralphie from A Christmas Story.

6 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

That's actually from 1993. Most people don't realize that Stamkos was a super-baby who had the strength of one hundred regular babies. Therefore, enabling him to play in the NHL at the age of two. The haircut gives it away, doesn't it? What grown man would wear that? He looks like Ralphie from A Christmas Story.

Yup, that’s a Stamkos baby on top of a stack of other babies that they put a jersey over so it looks like an adult.

Given the haircut, it’s the only feasible explanation. 

2 hours ago, tomtucker said:

Right, so it´s not cup winning jersey throwback, but a throwback to their first season, is that correct?

Yup, that's TB's original font.  First year it was standard font and then for the second season it was italicized.

13 hours ago, furiousd said:

Whoa, drop shadow numbers too? Nice.

The drop shadow effect on the back numbers is pretty reduced compared to the original font though.

On 04/11/2017 at 9:38 AM, QueenAnnesRevenge said:

Tampa’s current sets are crap now, wish they would go back to the pre edge style and logo.

Agreed. That jersey Stamkos is wearing in the photo is so much better than the current match jerseys. I'd buy that warm up one. No chance with the current Adidas one. 

I was one of the few that probably actually really liked the first edge set. Liked the updated Bolt logo and the cleaner look of it. Hate the current set and but would still be infinitely happy if they’d go back to the retros.

Any chance these warm ups will be sold? And through which outlet?

On 06/11/2017 at 11:48 AM, CanesCop86 said:

I was one of the few that probably actually really liked the first edge set. Liked the updated Bolt logo and the cleaner look of it. Hate the current set and but would still be infinitely happy if they’d go back to the retros.

I know what you mean about the new logo, it's good. I prefer logos without place names, though I quite like the old one too. I don't know why they dropped the black from their colour scheme. Made them different and it looked great. 

i assume Tampa is celebrating their 25th anniversary this year thus all the retro stuff. Those inaugural season ones are spectacular. I had a black Chris Kontos MANY MANY MANY years ago that I always regretted moving. That was during the time when they played their first year in what was essentially a barn at Expo Hall...of which I can't find a shot of...then to the surreal setup of the Suncoast Dome...Tropicana Field now. The rink setup there was one of the weirdest things hockey's ever seen. They broke all sorts of attendance records in those early years too. 25K+ for most games.

EP-150609698.jpg

How great was hockey in the early 90's?