Is it reasonably possible to replace a fight strap?

I’m bidding on a jersey on eBay that had its fight strap removed by a previous owner. Assuming I win it and assuming that I decide that I even want to try to replace the fight strap, is it even possible? If so, does it take anything more than a reasonable amount of effort to do so?

It can be replaced and it’s fairly easy to do.

just remove the twill cover piece, put new fight strap, re-stitch twill piece back on.  Done.

27 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

It can be replaced and it’s fairly easy to do.

just remove the twill cover piece, put new fight strap, re-stitch twill piece back on.  Done.

Yup. I mean I can’t do it, but if you know how to sew, it’s easy. 

^  What TMLFAN said, but I would add that it's easy to do on a blank jersey.  But if the jersey is already lettered, and if the stitching from the back numbers runs through the bottom half of the twill fight strap cover, you'll have to cut those stitches too before you can replace the fight strap, and the back numbers won't be fully tacked down to the jersey anymore.  You'll have to sew those back on later.

39 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

Well, it turned out to be a moot point as I didn't win the jersey. I'll keep the advice in mind for next time.

It's just that simple, too. 

It wasn't said above, but removal of the twill piece in full is not necessary, and is not advisable. Only unstitch the bottom edge where the fight strap gets inserted, and any stitches that go through the strap. 

By doing this, you can remove the nub of the old strap and it will leave the twill in the exact right spot which will in turn assure that you re-insert and attach the fight strap in the exact right spot.